bama tune question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
bama tune question

Just got my tuner in and I had asked for a hybrid tune. I installed successfully but after a little while I notice my alternator light came up and would shut off I check the code it was p1639 I cleared but just want to make sure everything is good.
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1 View Post
Just got my tuner in and I had asked for a hybrid tune. I installed successfully but after a little while I notice my alternator light came up and would shut off I check the code it was p1639 I cleared but just want to make sure everything is good.
Talk to bamma and ask why it even came on in the first place.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Yeah, I would talk to Bama. When I had my issue, I got put into touch with Mike and he resolved my issues in short order. They have really great customer service.
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I tried but since I called close to closing time it was full
Old 03-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Has to be something with the tune, this is what that code means:

P1639 FORD - Vehicle ID Block Corrupted or Not Programmed
Possible causes
- New PCM-Needs programming
- Incorrect VID configuration
As part of the calibration there is an area referred to as the Vehicle Identification (VID) block. The VID block must be programmed when replacing the PCM as described under Programming the VID Block for a Replacement PCM. Failure to perform this procedure may generate fault codes: P1635, P1639, VID Block not programmed or is corrupt. The VID block in an existing PCM can also be tailored to accommodate various hardware/parameter changes made to the vehicle since production. Failure to perform this procedure properly may generate fault code: P1635, Tire/Axle Ratio out of Acceptable Range is one of the main causes for code: P1639. This is described under Making Changes to the VID Block and also under Making Changes to the PCM Calibration. The VID block contains many items used by the strategy for a variety of functions. Some of these items include the VIN number, octane adjust, fuel octane, fuel type, vehicle speed limit, tire size, axle ratio, the presence of speed control and four wheel drive electronic shift on the fly versus manual shift on the fly. Only items applicable to vehicle hardware and supported by the VID block will be displayed on the scan tool.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Has to be something with the tune, this is what that code means:

P1639 FORD - Vehicle ID Block Corrupted or Not Programmed
Possible causes
- New PCM-Needs programming
- Incorrect VID configuration
As part of the calibration there is an area referred to as the Vehicle Identification (VID) block. The VID block must be programmed when replacing the PCM as described under Programming the VID Block for a Replacement PCM. Failure to perform this procedure may generate fault codes: P1635, P1639, VID Block not programmed or is corrupt. The VID block in an existing PCM can also be tailored to accommodate various hardware/parameter changes made to the vehicle since production. Failure to perform this procedure properly may generate fault code: P1635, Tire/Axle Ratio out of Acceptable Range is one of the main causes for code: P1639. This is described under Making Changes to the VID Block and also under Making Changes to the PCM Calibration. The VID block contains many items used by the strategy for a variety of functions. Some of these items include the VIN number, octane adjust, fuel octane, fuel type, vehicle speed limit, tire size, axle ratio, the presence of speed control and four wheel drive electronic shift on the fly versus manual shift on the fly. Only items applicable to vehicle hardware and supported by the VID block will be displayed on the scan tool.
Like a boss... lol ill try and give a call to bama tomorrow just to be safe set it back to stock and uploaded the file again
Old 03-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Like a boss... lol ill try and give a call to bama tomorrow just to be safe set it back to stock and uploaded the file again

ebgonzalez1,

Sorry we were so busy yesterday! Sounds like there's a firmware or software glitch with your tunes or the device itself. Have you gotten a chance to contact Bama this morning? If not, I'd be happy to have our Lead Tuner reach out to you and get everything straightened out with your tunes.

Shoot me a PM with your order number and a good time and number to reach you, so we don't end up playing phone tag. I'll get this taken care of ASAP!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

ebgonzalez1,

Sorry we were so busy yesterday! Sounds like there's a firmware or software glitch with your tunes or the device itself. Have you gotten a chance to contact Bama this morning? If not, I'd be happy to have our Lead Tuner reach out to you and get everything straightened out with your tunes.

Shoot me a PM with your order number and a good time and number to reach you, so we don't end up playing phone tag. I'll get this taken care of ASAP!

Shane
Thank you
Old 03-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Thank you
Mike told me he contacted you and you're all set. Hit me up if you need anything else or have any questions!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

Mike told me he contacted you and you're all set. Hit me up if you need anything else or have any questions!

Shane
Thank you
Old 10-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #11

Region: New Hampshire
P1639 code

I have a 2014 Mustang GT and I too had this error code after a tune. I have the 3000 series SCT hand held. Anyway I had left the reducer around the mass air flow in the Airaid cold air intake in (forgot it was there) when I had the tune done the first time and knew I was bringing it back for a re-tune with it removed. When I did and told the dyno guy what I had gotten for an error code "I cleared it before hand" he informed me that from 2005 up Mustangs or maybe even Ford Motors did not use (ID) VID Block anymore so to have that code it would not make sense! He told me that they now use a equalizer valve. So I was wondering what did Bama tune come up with for the reason this code even happened. The tune guy called SCT and SCT says they may have goofed on the base file for that car. The value set to the P1639 code is a 5. It's supposed to only allow a zero, one or two. Five is not supposed to be an option. So, we changed the value and this should resolve the check engine light for the P1639 code.
Is this what Bama is saying to?? Be interesting to know. I have not applied the new tune with the new values yet so I don't know if the tune guy is right or not. Any idea's???
Bobby1brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby1brat View Post
I have a 2014 Mustang GT and I too had this error code after a tune. I have the 3000 series SCT hand held. Anyway I had left the reducer around the mass air flow in the Airaid cold air intake in (forgot it was there) when I had the tune done the first time and knew I was bringing it back for a re-tune with it removed. When I did and told the dyno guy what I had gotten for an error code "I cleared it before hand" he informed me that from 2005 up Mustangs or maybe even Ford Motors did not use (ID) VID Block anymore so to have that code it would not make sense! He told me that they now use a equalizer valve. So I was wondering what did Bama tune come up with for the reason this code even happened. The tune guy called SCT and SCT says they may have goofed on the base file for that car. The value set to the P1639 code is a 5. It's supposed to only allow a zero, one or two. Five is not supposed to be an option. So, we changed the value and this should resolve the check engine light for the P1639 code.
Is this what Bama is saying to?? Be interesting to know. I have not applied the new tune with the new values yet so I don't know if the tune guy is right or not. Any idea's???
Bama didnt explain anything to me all they did was resend me a new tune and that took away the code completely haven't seen it come up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang