5.0 vs. 3.7 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
How you gonna use your Mustang ????

The bottom line is how are you going to use your Mustang? Do you just want a very good fun street car that you can afford the insurance on and just have to use 87 octane gas. Leave it stock or throw on a set of axlebacks for a little sound and still be a great 305 HP muscle car to be proud of. The 3.7 V6 is great.

If you want something that really goes fast from zero to 100 plus and don't care about insurance or miles per gallon and love having more horses then you will ever need or use, The GT is for you.

All Mustangs are still great cars for any of us on this forum. Neither the 3.7 or 5.0 is any better then the other. Since 1964 1/2 Ford has produced both the V6 & V8. They provided both because they were smart enough to know that some mustang owners just don't want or need the V8 bur wanted a Mustang.

I just won the people choice award at a huge show with over 500 Mustangs entered with my 2012 3.7 V6 MCA . There were all years and styles of Mustangs but My V6 got the most votes from people at the show.



I think that should be enough to show everybody that it is the Mustang and not the Engine that makes a Mustang a Mustang.

Click here for pictures of the show>http://s410.beta.photobucket.com/use...erford%20Lakes

Ronnie

PS: I ran away from a 2001 SVT Mustang Cobra so bad from 35 to 100 that I thought the Cobra owner was gonna cry. That did not mean my car was better. We talked car's and had a cup of coffee and we both still loved our Mustangs. I liked his & he liked mine. That is what owning A Mustang is about. (Sort of a Brotherhood)
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
The bottom line is how are you going to use your Mustang? Do you just want a very good fun street car that you can afford the insurance on and just have to use 87 octane gas. Leave it stock or throw on a set of axlebacks for a little sound and still be a great 305 HP muscle car to be proud of. The 3.7 V6 is great.

If you want something that really goes fast from zero to 100 plus and don't care about insurance or miles per gallon and love having more horses then you will ever need or use, The GT is for you.

All Mustangs are still great cars for any of us on this forum. Neither the 3.7 or 5.0 is any better then the other. Since 1964 1/2 Ford has produced both the V6 & V8. They provided both because they were smart enough to know that some mustang owners just don't want or need the V8 bur wanted a Mustang.

I just won the people choice award at a huge show with over 500 Mustangs entered with my 2012 3.7 V6 MCA . There were all years and styles of Mustangs but My V6 got the most votes from people at the show.
Was doing my best to stay out of this, but calling a v6 a muscle car, pleeeeeeeeez
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
The bottom line is how are you going to use your Mustang? Do you just want a very good fun street car that you can afford the insurance on and just have to use 87 octane gas. Leave it stock or throw on a set of axlebacks for a little sound and still be a great 305 HP muscle car to be proud of. The 3.7 V6 is great.

If you want something that really goes fast from zero to 100 plus and don't care about insurance or miles per gallon and love having more horses then you will ever need or use, The GT is for you.

All Mustangs are still great cars for any of us on this forum. Neither the 3.7 or 5.0 is any better then the other. Since 1964 1/2 Ford has produced both the V6 & V8. They provided both because they were smart enough to know that some mustang owners just don't want or need the V8 bur wanted a Mustang.

I just won the people choice award at a huge show with over 500 Mustangs entered with my 2012 3.7 V6 MCA . There were all years and styles of Mustangs but My V6 got the most votes from people at the show.



I think that should be enough to show everybody that it is the Mustang and not the Engine that makes a Mustang a Mustang.

Click here for pictures of the show>Waterford Lakes Photos by ronnie948 | Photobucket

Ronnie

PS: I ran away from a 2001 SVT Mustang Cobra so bad from 35 to 100 that I thought the Cobra owner was gonna cry. That did not mean my car was better. We talked car's and had a cup of coffee and we both still loved our Mustangs. I liked his & he liked mine. That is what owning A Mustang is about. (Sort of a Brotherhood)
but being a 2010+ your car would be in the popular vote class so saying 500 cars competing is a little overkill..the roundup is more of a contest for anything pre 2010. i'm sure you guys have a good bit of 2010+'s though so it still is a victory no matter what even if it's not a judged class
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Was doing my best to stay out of this, but calling a v6 a muscle car, pleeeeeeeeez
Not that I disagree (nor do I care about these titles/classifications as much as others), but by your standards what constitutes a muscle car? A certain amount of hp? The sound?

The GTO's were only 330-360hp (marginally more than these sixxers) in the 60's and I think we can safely say they were one of the quintessential American muscle cars. So is it required to be a v8 then?

Just curious, not trying to incite an argument by any means.

What a muscle car is seems to be very subjective and I think it's safe to say that in many of the non-extreme car enthusiast's minds, a 305hp mustang is well within the lower limits of qualifying as such.
MyLittlePwny is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
No Mustang is a Muscle Car!.. It is a Pony Car!.. Always has been and always will be!.. Lol
Eturner is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #41
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
...

PS: I ran away from a 2001 SVT Mustang Cobra so bad from 35 to 100 that I thought the Cobra owner was gonna cry. That did not mean my car was better. We talked car's and had a cup of coffee and we both still loved our Mustangs. I liked his & he liked mine. That is what owning A Mustang is about. (Sort of a Brotherhood)
Okay, this is getting tiresome. All you proved is that you are reckless and the other guy can't drive. All street racing is, is a race against drivers. There is no control; consistent starting technique, prepped track, marked finish line, timed, clocked. Street racing is in fact just a way to get yourself or someone else killed. The streets are for transportation.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
No Mustang is a Muscle Car!.. It is a Pony Car!.. Always has been and always will be!.. Lol
+1 for droppin knowledge! lol
MyLittlePwny is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Okay, this is getting tiresome. All you proved is that you are reckless and the other guy can't drive. All street racing is, is a race against drivers. There is no control; consistent starting technique, prepped track, marked finish line, timed, clocked. Street racing is in fact just a way to get yourself or someone else killed. The streets are for transportation.
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
....and this thread is going exactly where I thought it would go.
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #45
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
....and this thread is going exactly where I thought it would go.
^Yup
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny

Not that I disagree (nor do I care about these titles/classifications as much as others), but by your standards what constitutes a muscle car? A certain amount of hp? The sound?

The GTO's were only 330-360hp (marginally more than these sixxers) in the 60's and I think we can safely say they were one of the quintessential American muscle cars. So is it required to be a v8 then?

Just curious, not trying to incite an argument by any means.

What a muscle car is seems to be very subjective and I think it's safe to say that in many of the non-extreme car enthusiast's minds, a 305hp mustang is well within the lower limits of qualifying as such.
My definition of a muscle car is.
An afforded American made, two door, rear wheel drive, 4 passenger car, with a powerful v8. By the way, 330-360 in the sixtys was powerful, we are talking 50yrs ago.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
My definition of a muscle car is.
An afforded American made, two door, rear wheel drive, 4 passenger car, with a powerful v8. By the way, 330-360 in the sixtys was powerful, we are talking 50yrs ago.
so you're saying a new stock two door, rear wheel drive, powerful v6 that can give those "muscle" cars a run for their money isn't considered a "muscle" car due to 2 cylinders? that definition is almost as bad as most peoples definition of rice
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
....and this thread is going exactly where I thought it would go.
I tried to salvage it with some questions/posts, but failed. These are becomming all to predictable unfortunately.
MyLittlePwny is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post
I tried to salvage it with some questions/posts, but failed. These are becomming all to predictable unfortunately.
mainly because those that love v6's will always bash v8's and those that love v8's always bash v6's...and those that don't care what motor it is usually just doesn't care. unfortunately that's how it always has been and most likely always will be
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
My definition of a muscle car is.
An afforded American made, two door, rear wheel drive, 4 passenger car, with a powerful v8. By the way, 330-360 in the sixtys was powerful, we are talking 50yrs ago.
I agree, they were definitely ahead of their time and I know its not exactly apples to apples...I just wanted to note that the 305 of a current v6 is comparable to the older, easily accepted, muscle cars.

It seems for you though, its just a matter of v8's. Cant argue with that, to each their own!
MyLittlePwny is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #51
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

My definition of a muscle car is.
An afforded American made, two door, rear wheel drive, 4 passenger car, with a powerful v8. By the way, 330-360 in the sixtys was powerful, we are talking 50yrs ago.
Plus, many of those cars were underrated for insurance purposes. And I have to agree, V8 for "muscle cars".

Example...1965 Mustang coupe w/ a 6 = pony car. 1969 Mustang Boss 429 = muscle car
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
mainly because those that love v6's will always bash v8's and those that love v8's always bash v6's...and those that don't care what motor it is usually just doesn't care. unfortunately that's how it always has been and most likely always will be
Makes no sense why people cant just love them both though lol The v6 is the only thing I can responsibly afford right now. That doesnt mean I dont think the v8 is a badass car in its own right, its just not in the cards for me.

Drives me crazy that people will look to bash their own model car with a different engine instead of bragging about how mustangs > camaros.

I digress, i think you're right, it will just always be this way. At least my guys in Jersey seem to not give a crap about v6/v8 and just appreciate the fact that we all chose to own a pony.
MyLittlePwny is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #53
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
This thread is degenerative, shutting it down
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #54
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post
Makes no sense why people cant just love them both though lol The v6 is the only thing I can responsibly afford right now. That doesnt mean I dont think the v8 is a badass car in its own right, its just not in the cards for me.

Drives me crazy that people will look to bash their own model car with a different engine instead of bragging about how mustangs > camaros.

I digress, i think you're right, it will just always be this way. At least my guys in Jersey seem to not give a crap about v6/v8 and just appreciate the fact that we all chose to own a pony.
It certainly does get old. And there will be haters on both ends, no matter what.

There is no reason at all why you can't mod your V6, just like any other Mustang. After all, it's a Mustang, right? Also, there is no reason why it can't sound good, be fast, handle great, look great. But any time you say "I'll slap a turbo on it and be faster than a 5.0", that will cause the flame wars with V8 Mustang owners. It doesn't matter how much power you end up with, there will be still be people who say "why didn't you buy a V8", etc. Why does it matter if you can beat a V8 Mustang? Why not mod to increase your HP and/or make it handle better because you want it to have fun at the drag strip or autoX? If your car ends up putting down lower times at the track than a V8, then your numbers will speak for themselves. Same with autoX. Why not treat your ride as a Mustang, not a V6 Mustang. It's a Mustang, mod it and treat it as such. Don't worry about what people say. Besides, just because it has a V8 in it, doesn't mean it's fast. Just like people, time is a ***** for cars too. Tech advances and what was fast and powerful in 1987, gets a slappin' by family sedans nowadays. There is always something faster out there.

*Edit* I didn't see that the thread was closed.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:21 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.