5.0 vs. 3.7 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
How you gonna use your Mustang ????

The bottom line is how are you going to use your Mustang? Do you just want a very good fun street car that you can afford the insurance on and just have to use 87 octane gas. Leave it stock or throw on a set of axlebacks for a little sound and still be a great 305 HP muscle car to be proud of. The 3.7 V6 is great.

If you want something that really goes fast from zero to 100 plus and don't care about insurance or miles per gallon and love having more horses then you will ever need or use, The GT is for you.

All Mustangs are still great cars for any of us on this forum. Neither the 3.7 or 5.0 is any better then the other. Since 1964 1/2 Ford has produced both the V6 & V8. They provided both because they were smart enough to know that some mustang owners just don't want or need the V8 bur wanted a Mustang.

I just won the people choice award at a huge show with over 500 Mustangs entered with my 2012 3.7 V6 MCA . There were all years and styles of Mustangs but My V6 got the most votes from people at the show.

I think that should be enough to show everybody that it is the Mustang and not the Engine that makes a Mustang a Mustang.

Click here for pictures of the show>http://s410.beta.photobucket.com/use...erford%20Lakes

Ronnie

PS: I ran away from a 2001 SVT Mustang Cobra so bad from 35 to 100 that I thought the Cobra owner was gonna cry. That did not mean my car was better. We talked car's and had a cup of coffee and we both still loved our Mustangs. I liked his & he liked mine. That is what owning A Mustang is about. (Sort of a Brotherhood)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
The bottom line is how are you going to use your Mustang? Do you just want a very good fun street car that you can afford the insurance on and just have to use 87 octane gas. Leave it stock or throw on a set of axlebacks for a little sound and still be a great 305 HP muscle car to be proud of. The 3.7 V6 is great.

If you want something that really goes fast from zero to 100 plus and don't care about insurance or miles per gallon and love having more horses then you will ever need or use, The GT is for you.

All Mustangs are still great cars for any of us on this forum. Neither the 3.7 or 5.0 is any better then the other. Since 1964 1/2 Ford has produced both the V6 & V8. They provided both because they were smart enough to know that some mustang owners just don't want or need the V8 bur wanted a Mustang.

I just won the people choice award at a huge show with over 500 Mustangs entered with my 2012 3.7 V6 MCA . There were all years and styles of Mustangs but My V6 got the most votes from people at the show.
Was doing my best to stay out of this, but calling a v6 a muscle car, pleeeeeeeeez
Old 03-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

I think that should be enough to show everybody that it is the Mustang and not the Engine that makes a Mustang a Mustang.

Click here for pictures of the show>Waterford Lakes Photos by ronnie948 | Photobucket

Ronnie

PS: I ran away from a 2001 SVT Mustang Cobra so bad from 35 to 100 that I thought the Cobra owner was gonna cry. That did not mean my car was better. We talked car's and had a cup of coffee and we both still loved our Mustangs. I liked his & he liked mine. That is what owning A Mustang is about. (Sort of a Brotherhood)
but being a 2010+ your car would be in the popular vote class so saying 500 cars competing is a little overkill..the roundup is more of a contest for anything pre 2010. i'm sure you guys have a good bit of 2010+'s though so it still is a victory no matter what even if it's not a judged class

carving corners like a boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Was doing my best to stay out of this, but calling a v6 a muscle car, pleeeeeeeeez
Not that I disagree (nor do I care about these titles/classifications as much as others), but by your standards what constitutes a muscle car? A certain amount of hp? The sound?

The GTO's were only 330-360hp (marginally more than these sixxers) in the 60's and I think we can safely say they were one of the quintessential American muscle cars. So is it required to be a v8 then?

Just curious, not trying to incite an argument by any means.

What a muscle car is seems to be very subjective and I think it's safe to say that in many of the non-extreme car enthusiast's minds, a 305hp mustang is well within the lower limits of qualifying as such.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
No Mustang is a Muscle Car!.. It is a Pony Car!.. Always has been and always will be!.. Lol
Old 03-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #41
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

Okay, this is getting tiresome. All you proved is that you are reckless and the other guy can't drive. All street racing is, is a race against drivers. There is no control; consistent starting technique, prepped track, marked finish line, timed, clocked. Street racing is in fact just a way to get yourself or someone else killed. The streets are for transportation.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
No Mustang is a Muscle Car!.. It is a Pony Car!.. Always has been and always will be!.. Lol
+1 for droppin knowledge! lol
Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Okay, this is getting tiresome. All you proved is that you are reckless and the other guy can't drive. All street racing is, is a race against drivers. There is no control; consistent starting technique, prepped track, marked finish line, timed, clocked. Street racing is in fact just a way to get yourself or someone else killed. The streets are for transportation.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
....and this thread is going exactly where I thought it would go.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #45
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
^Yup
Old 03-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny

Not that I disagree (nor do I care about these titles/classifications as much as others), but by your standards what constitutes a muscle car? A certain amount of hp? The sound?

The GTO's were only 330-360hp (marginally more than these sixxers) in the 60's and I think we can safely say they were one of the quintessential American muscle cars. So is it required to be a v8 then?

Just curious, not trying to incite an argument by any means.

What a muscle car is seems to be very subjective and I think it's safe to say that in many of the non-extreme car enthusiast's minds, a 305hp mustang is well within the lower limits of qualifying as such.
My definition of a muscle car is.
An afforded American made, two door, rear wheel drive, 4 passenger car, with a powerful v8. By the way, 330-360 in the sixtys was powerful, we are talking 50yrs ago.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
An afforded American made, two door, rear wheel drive, 4 passenger car, with a powerful v8. By the way, 330-360 in the sixtys was powerful, we are talking 50yrs ago.
so you're saying a new stock two door, rear wheel drive, powerful v6 that can give those "muscle" cars a run for their money isn't considered a "muscle" car due to 2 cylinders? that definition is almost as bad as most peoples definition of rice

Old 03-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
I tried to salvage it with some questions/posts, but failed. These are becomming all to predictable unfortunately.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post
I tried to salvage it with some questions/posts, but failed. These are becomming all to predictable unfortunately.
mainly because those that love v6's will always bash v8's and those that love v8's always bash v6's...and those that don't care what motor it is usually just doesn't care. unfortunately that's how it always has been and most likely always will be

Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree, they were definitely ahead of their time and I know its not exactly apples to apples...I just wanted to note that the 305 of a current v6 is comparable to the older, easily accepted, muscle cars.

It seems for you though, its just a matter of v8's. Cant argue with that, to each their own!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #51
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

Plus, many of those cars were underrated for insurance purposes. And I have to agree, V8 for "muscle cars".

Example...1965 Mustang coupe w/ a 6 = pony car. 1969 Mustang Boss 429 = muscle car
Old 03-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
mainly because those that love v6's will always bash v8's and those that love v8's always bash v6's...and those that don't care what motor it is usually just doesn't care. unfortunately that's how it always has been and most likely always will be
Makes no sense why people cant just love them both though lol The v6 is the only thing I can responsibly afford right now. That doesnt mean I dont think the v8 is a badass car in its own right, its just not in the cards for me.

Drives me crazy that people will look to bash their own model car with a different engine instead of bragging about how mustangs > camaros.

I digress, i think you're right, it will just always be this way. At least my guys in Jersey seem to not give a crap about v6/v8 and just appreciate the fact that we all chose to own a pony.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #53
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
This thread is degenerative, shutting it down

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #54
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post
Makes no sense why people cant just love them both though lol The v6 is the only thing I can responsibly afford right now. That doesnt mean I dont think the v8 is a badass car in its own right, its just not in the cards for me.

Drives me crazy that people will look to bash their own model car with a different engine instead of bragging about how mustangs > camaros.

I digress, i think you're right, it will just always be this way. At least my guys in Jersey seem to not give a crap about v6/v8 and just appreciate the fact that we all chose to own a pony.
It certainly does get old. And there will be haters on both ends, no matter what.

There is no reason at all why you can't mod your V6, just like any other Mustang. After all, it's a Mustang, right? Also, there is no reason why it can't sound good, be fast, handle great, look great. But any time you say "I'll slap a turbo on it and be faster than a 5.0", that will cause the flame wars with V8 Mustang owners. It doesn't matter how much power you end up with, there will be still be people who say "why didn't you buy a V8", etc. Why does it matter if you can beat a V8 Mustang? Why not mod to increase your HP and/or make it handle better because you want it to have fun at the drag strip or autoX? If your car ends up putting down lower times at the track than a V8, then your numbers will speak for themselves. Same with autoX. Why not treat your ride as a Mustang, not a V6 Mustang. It's a Mustang, mod it and treat it as such. Don't worry about what people say. Besides, just because it has a V8 in it, doesn't mean it's fast. Just like people, time is a ***** for cars too. Tech advances and what was fast and powerful in 1987, gets a slappin' by family sedans nowadays. There is always something faster out there.

*Edit* I didn't see that the thread was closed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang