Actually considering axleback exhaust upgrade... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Actually considering axleback exhaust upgrade...

Yes. Mr warranty here. LOL i am really itching to upgrade. So many people are doing it i really will raise a stink if it would ever void my warranty.

Whats funny is at first i really wanted borla ataks.....then preferred basanni......then was tied with magnaflow comps....now i saw a vid for "pype bombs" which i think sound best....then found out they were half the price of basanni!?

Here is the vid


So i hear there is drone at certain rpms, and one side is hard to get centered....so here goes yet another exhaust thread....need opinions! Are magna comps worth it? Theyre just a straight pipe....looks like the pypes at least have resonators.

I love how deep the pypes sound...i usually dont rev too high so these would be perfect for cruising.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Yes. Mr warranty here. LOL i am really itching to upgrade. So many people are doing it i really will raise a stink if it would ever void my warranty.

Whats funny is at first i really wanted borla ataks.....then preferred basanni......then was tied with magnaflow comps....now i saw a vid for "pype bombs" which i think sound best....then found out they were half the price of basanni!?

So i hear there is drone at certain rpms, and one side is hard to get centered....so here goes yet another exhaust thread....need opinions! Are magna comps worth it? Theyre just a straight pipe....looks like the pypes at least have resonators.

I love how deep the pypes sound...i usually dont rev too high so these would be perfect for cruising.
Mr.warranty am here to relieve you of your worries lol. Axle backs don't.void warranty. As far as sound am all for borlas which is what i have. Before you make a decision am just 30min away whenever you want to hear them in person.. Also if you want just check out my vid on YouTube
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Can you link me to the video? Did you go to a local shop? I'd rather install myself but wondering if locals can do cheaper than AM

Nvm I found your vid! Sounds amazing. I dunno if I should get anything since I'll love the ataks more! Im quite shocked by the pypes though. Here is another video

the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Can you link me to the video? Did you go to a local shop? I'd rather install myself but wondering if locals can do cheaper than AM
I ordered them from tdotperformance but Its not cheaper then AM. But if you considered shipping then yes cheaper. I have a friend here and maybe i can get it even cheaper now.i can ask for you And i installed myself took about 30-45min . Here's the link
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Thanks bro i love my borlas. I have the ataks. And those pypes sound good too
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Sure some rough pricing on any of the three im considering or any borlas would be great if u get a chance to ask
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Sure some rough pricing on any of the three im considering or any borlas would be great if u get a chance to ask
Ill ask for you bro no worries..
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
FOX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 95
Is all personal preference, i personally have the borla ATAKS catback, for me it was the best sounding out of all of the exhausts out there.
Got it ship to the border and got a shop to install for $40bucks
FOX21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX21 View Post
Is all personal preference, i personally have the borla ATAKS catback, for me it was the best sounding out of all of the exhausts out there.
Got it ship to the border and got a shop to install for $40bucks
+1 you can go with something really aggressive live the ataks or roush or something more subtle. That's one thing I love about stangs there are so many choices of after market part, YouTube away!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
I'm right there with you, Mr. Warranty! Figured I would do the bare minimum to stay under the warranty at least for another year, so exterior appearance, axle backs, and maybe a CAI soon.

The last I saw, you were into Roush. Correct? The ataks were my first choice too, but couldn't get over that price tag. The Pype bombs for our 3.7s are getting good reviews, but from what I'm hearing there's quite a bit of drone.

It seems as if you're a pretty handy guy so the install should be easy. I wouldn't pay somebody to take off two bolts and do a muffler swap, you can do it!
__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
I'm right there with you, Mr. Warranty! Figured I would do the bare minimum to stay under the warranty at least for another year, so exterior appearance, axle backs, and maybe a CAI soon.

The last I saw, you were into Roush. Correct? The ataks were my first choice too, but couldn't get over that price tag. The Pype bombs for our 3.7s are getting good reviews, but from what I'm hearing there's quite a bit of drone.

It seems as if you're a pretty handy guy so the install should be easy. I wouldn't pay somebody to take off two bolts and do a muffler swap, you can do it!
I love my roush but there's a good amount of drone in 6th between 1500-2000. Unfortunately that's my cruising speed, hoping 3.73 gears will get me out of that rev band!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
I love my roush but there's a good amount of drone in 6th between 1500-2000. Unfortunately that's my cruising speed, hoping 3.73 gears will get me out of that rev band!
You think the Roush drone that bad? I have an auto so my highway cursing speeds at 60-80 and honestly don't think it's bad at all...
__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post

You think the Roush drone that bad? I have an auto so my highway cursing speeds at 60-80 and honestly don't think it's bad at all...
I have a manual and yes its pretty bad. I don't mind it at all but in the back seat people do mention it and they have reason to. Don't get me wrong I love my roush exhaust and wouldn't change it, but anyone who says it doesn't drone in 6th between 1500-2000 with 2.73 is either def or in denial! Lol : ) as a driver i can even feel it drone, I know sounds weird.I'm giving an honest non bias opinion. This is compared to the stock set-up.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
And I'm giving my honest, unbiased opinion as well. (Also in comparison to OEM and 2.73)

Yes, the backseaters have complained about it a few times, but sitting in the front I have no problems. My hearing is also very good, no where near deaf.

Any aftermarket mufflers is going to produce "drone." (Especially when comparing to OEM) Some give more, some give less. In comparing all the aftermarket options that we have to us, my unbiased opinion is the Roush is on the lower end of that poll. That's all I was trying to say.
__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

I have a manual and yes its pretty bad. I don't mind it at all but in the back seat people do mention it and they have reason to. Don't get me wrong I love my roush exhaust and wouldn't change it, but anyone who says it doesn't drone in 6th between 1500-2000 with 2.73 is either def or in denial! Lol : ) as a driver i can even feel it drone, I know sounds weird.I'm giving an honest non bias opinion. This is compared to the stock set-up.
+10 for honesty
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
And I'm giving my honest, unbiased opinion as well. (Also in comparison to OEM and 2.73)

Yes, the backseaters have complained about it a few times, but sitting in the front I have no problems. My hearing is also very good, no where near deaf.

Any aftermarket mufflers is going to produce "drone." (Especially when comparing to OEM) Some give more, some give less. In comparing all the aftermarket options that we have to us, my unbiased opinion is the Roush is on the lower end of that poll. That's all I was trying to say.
+1 I wasn't stating it to you personally, but some people have stated that they produce very low to no drone at all which is completely not true. It wasn't a shot at you by any means. Sorry if you took it that way I didn't me it towards you. : ) I still Recomend them to anyone who wants an aggressive sound, I love mine!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
And I'm giving my honest, unbiased opinion as well. (Also in comparison to OEM and 2.73)

Yes, the backseaters have complained about it a few times, but sitting in the front I have no problems. My hearing is also very good, no where near deaf.

Any aftermarket mufflers is going to produce "drone." (Especially when comparing to OEM) Some give more, some give less. In comparing all the aftermarket options that we have to us, my unbiased opinion is the Roush is on the lower end of that poll. That's all I was trying to say.
Its my understanding that Corsa exhausts claim they have no drone in any of their mufflers. Zero drone. I have no clue if that holds true when you add headers and off road x pipe or catted x pipe. I know my Flowmaster Force II exhaust system didn't have any drone until I added the headers and off road x pipe. Or no drone that I or my wife ever detected prior
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13 View Post

+10 for honesty
Just trying to help people who are in the market of buying new axel backs. At that rpm band in 6th at cruise there is a nice mmmmmmm that can give some people a headache. I don't mind it but some people do! Long trips might drive them crazy!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Wow drone seems like it could pose an issue for me...I do a 200mile drive each way once a month....with my wife in car...and my dog is in back with seats folded down...I'd imagine that'd amplify the drone. I never heard of corsa I'll research them tonight. I don't want the loudest exhaust I just want a more defined and deeper rumble. Closer to the sound of a G35 than a v8. As far from a 4cyl tinny sound as possible.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
I car pool to work with two other people so I only drive every third week. It's a 70km round trip every day mostly highway. My passengers trade spots everyday and say there is a very noticeable difference from front to back seat. So your dog might not like you after a long trip. Lol. They are my favourite mod I've done so far to my car, the sound they produce at idle and through the rev ban is amazing. I find it hard to believe that any axel back exhaust that's louder than stock will produce 0 drone, even the stock exhaust can drone ever so lightly.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Borlas have little to no drone. And the bit that it has its same as Mr mike in 6th gear but only if your driving under 70-75mph. After that its all good. But also with music on at normal level you can't hear anything or feel anything
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Wow drone seems like it could pose an issue for me...I do a 200mile drive each way once a month....with my wife in car...and my dog is in back with seats folded down...I'd imagine that'd amplify the drone. I never heard of corsa I'll research them tonight. I don't want the loudest exhaust I just want a more defined and deeper rumble. Closer to the sound of a G35 than a v8. As far from a 4cyl tinny sound as possible.
You will mainly find Corsa on Corvettes
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
+1 I wasn't stating it to you personally, but some people have stated that they produce very low to no drone at all which is completely not true. It wasn't a shot at you by any means. Sorry if you took it that way I didn't me it towards you. : ) I still Recomend them to anyone who wants an aggressive sound, I love mine!
Not a problem, bud. Just wanted to make it clear that even though I have the Roush backs, I wasn't being biased at all. I've heard an few set ups for our 3.7 in person and in comparison to everything that I had heard it had less drone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
I don't want the loudest exhaust I just want a more defined and deeper rumble. Closer to the sound of a G35 than a v8. As far from a 4cyl tinny sound as possible.
You're quite picky my friend.

What do you say, MrMike? I don't think the Roush set up is for him...

Why is Chewy in this post? I have no idea other then because it's Friday.
__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post

Not a problem, bud. Just wanted to make it clear that even though I have the Roush backs, I wasn't being biased at all. I've heard an few set ups for our 3.7 in person and in comparison to everything that I had heard it had less drone.

You're quite picky my friend.

What do you say, MrMike? I don't think the Roush set up is for him...

Why is Chewy in this post? I have no idea other then because it's Friday.
Yep, roush might not be for him.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Borlas borlas borlas...lol
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Yeah I actually heard one mustang driving by and I could tell it was roush axle backs. I like the sound but im going for a deeper less harsh tone. I really love the borlas but they're sooo pricey. Basanni is my fav to be honest...if am has a sale on them I'm in (plus the ME discount ) the pypes seem like they may drone the most...lots of complaints on am reviews
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
I believe Bassani and Borla make the deepest/throatiest sound for the 3.7 V6
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

I have a manual and yes its pretty bad. I don't mind it at all but in the back seat people do mention it and they have reason to. Don't get me wrong I love my roush exhaust and wouldn't change it, but anyone who says it doesn't drone in 6th between 1500-2000 with 2.73 is either def or in denial! Lol : ) as a driver i can even feel it drone, I know sounds weird.I'm giving an honest non bias opinion. This is compared to the stock set-up.
By drone, are you talking actually null or the tone of the exhaust? Not calling you dumb or nothing, just many people complain of drone and have no idea what drone really is. It's a null constant sound that will ultimately put me to sleep lol but its the deepest best tone of the exhaust in my opinion

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Its my understanding that Corsa exhausts claim they have no drone in any of their mufflers. Zero drone. I have no clue if that holds true when you add headers and off road x pipe or catted x pipe. I know my Flowmaster Force II exhaust system didn't have any drone until I added the headers and off road x pipe. Or no drone that I or my wife ever detected prior
If our stock exhaust drones, what makes you think an aftermarket won't. They all drone. Even when people say they don't, they do. If the stock setup will then chances are they all will. And stock has a LOT or packing in it. Funny, I've heard that drone was decreased by adding headers and a CATTED x pipe.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

Just trying to help people who are in the market of buying new axel backs. At that rpm band in 6th at cruise there is a nice mmmmmmm that can give some people a headache. I don't mind it but some people do! Long trips might drive them crazy!
I'm all all over this today, sorry but if you are listening to the stereo, I have the 500, could you still tell it was there is you cranked it all the way to where the "V" was on volume? I think so, I'm comparing to a straight pipe
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Yeah I actually heard one mustang driving by and I could tell it was roush axle backs. I like the sound but im going for a deeper less harsh tone. I really love the borlas but they're sooo pricey. Basanni is my fav to be honest...if am has a sale on them I'm in (plus the ME discount ) the pypes seem like they may drone the most...lots of complaints on am reviews
Basanni looks like it would be loud with the straight through looking design, but they are a few notches above stock. I like them. But with my GT boss race car image, i feel the need for it to sound like an open header or unrestricted race car. My drive is 100 miles there and back but ill be moving there so its mainly city driving so I won't get to the screaming point with roush. Borla is nice but that's a big step in decibels in on there touring. Having a sound system on my computer, I'd say basanni. I think your mentioned pypes, trust me. You don't want that. They will drone because you're just buying the pipe to complete a straight pipe design. It drones even in traffic lol roush would be nice as long as you granny drove it as the tend to scream past 2.5-3 which is close to normal shift points for me when I weave through traffic. Your money, your car. I'm pitching my knowledge. Oh and magnaflow streets are nice but the drone will be a very very bass low that its almost a vibration that you feel. They sound like the v8 though
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Thanks for the inputs you all make great points I'm leaning against the pypes I've always learned you get what you pay for and I see too many complaints compared to everything else. I will hold out until basanni goes on sale with am
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Thanks for the inputs you all make great points I'm leaning against the pypes I've always learned you get what you pay for and I see too many complaints compared to everything else. I will hold out until basanni goes on sale with am
Exhaust systems are a tricky tricky thing. Unfortunately, you tube videos don't really give you the full sound of any exhaust system. Then, what sounds good to one person may not sound so good to another. Its so darn subjective and depending on ones model and particular set up the exhaust system will sound different. I would imagine a Basanni exhaust system will sound a certain way with someone having all other factory parts.

Now throw on BBK headers and a off road x pipe and now the Basanni exhaust system sounds different. Buy a h pipe and leave stock manifolds on and now what does the Basanni sound like. What about a catted high flowing x pipe. So many freaking variables and you really need to meet people with your same or similar year, model and mods to see how the car will sound and if you like it based upon your set up.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

By drone, are you talking actually null or the tone of the exhaust? Not calling you dumb or nothing, just many people complain of drone and have no idea what drone really is. It's a null constant sound that will ultimately put me to sleep lol but its the deepest best tone of the exhaust in my opinion

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------



If our stock exhaust drones, what makes you think an aftermarket won't. They all drone. Even when people say they don't, they do. If the stock setup will then chances are they all will. And stock has a LOT or packing in it. Funny, I've heard that drone was decreased by adding headers and a CATTED x pipe.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------



I'm all all over this today, sorry but if you are listening to the stereo, I have the 500, could you still tell it was there is you cranked it all the way to where the "V" was on volume? I think so, I'm comparing to a straight pipe
Not sure what u mean buy "null" but I'm talking about a hum that is only present in sixth at cruzing speed between 1500-2000 (2.73). It's something you could even feel in the floor boards. It's the same as you get from the stock system at the same cruzing speed but heavily magnified! If you ever drove in a car with a broken muffler its loud, "tone", but you get that anoying, almost defining hum sound, droning. It's that sound I'm reffering to. Best way I could describe it.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Exhaust systems are a tricky tricky thing. Unfortunately, you tube videos don't really give you the full sound of any exhaust system. Then, what sounds good to one person may not sound so good to another. Its so darn subjective and depending on ones model and particular set up the exhaust system will sound different. I would imagine a Basanni exhaust system will sound a certain way with someone having all other factory parts.

Now throw on BBK headers and a off road x pipe and now the Basanni exhaust system sounds different. Buy a h pipe and leave stock manifolds on and now what does the Basanni sound like. What about a catted high flowing x pipe. So many freaking variables and you really need to meet people with your same or similar year, model and mods to see how the car will sound and if you like it based upon your set up.
+1.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

Not sure what u mean buy "null" but I'm talking about a hum that is only present in sixth at cruzing speed between 1500-2000 (2.73). It's something you could even feel in the floor boards. It's the same as you get from the stock system at the same cruzing speed but heavily magnified! If you ever drove in a car with a broken muffler its loud, "tone", but you get that anoying, almost defining hum sound, droning. It's that sound I'm reffering to. Best way I could describe it.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------



+1.
I know what you're talking about. It's the residence from the muffler which btw looks like this inside the pipe.l^l
l^l

To mean that drone will put me to sleep on a cruise but around town I'm in love. I listen to hardcore/metal genre so I was wondering if that could cut the edge off it. I love the idle of the roush and that's what I wanna hear the most. Drone doesn't bother me as it was in my old mustang but I had subs. It'll rattle change in your cup holder too correct? It's that kinda bass high like sound
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

I know what you're talking about. It's the residence from the muffler which btw looks like this inside the pipe.l^l
l^l

To mean that drone will put me to sleep on a cruise but around town I'm in love. I listen to hardcore/metal genre so I was wondering if that could cut the edge off it. I love the idle of the roush and that's what I wanna hear the most. Drone doesn't bother me as it was in my old mustang but I had subs. It'll rattle change in your cup holder too correct? It's that kinda bass high like sound
Makes perfect sense. Thx for the explanation on why its produced. I don't mind it either and love the sound from roush but I can understand why some people can really hate it. When its my week to drive into work the two passengers always complain. Too bad. Lol. One of them likes to go out drinking during the week and when he's Hung over I purposefully cruze at that speed and keep it in that rev ban as long as I can, no he's not a friend and complains about everyone else around him constantly so its some fun pay back! Lol. BTW I'm a metal head also! Cheers.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Is the magna flow comps just a straight pipe? I want a decent rumble at idle and I remember when my muffler fell off my SUV it was silent at idle and super loud on accel....wondering if a shop could do a magna flow comp type setup for less.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:54 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.