Car feels like it jerks and makes a clunk noise at low rpms - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Car feels like it jerks and makes a clunk noise at low rpms

I have a 2012 v6 auto and when I slow down I can feel this light jerk and it sounds like something popped out or clunked. It doesn't happen a lot but I don't want it to get worse.

Is this because of the mod on my car,3.73 gears and tune? Appreciate any advice.
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
To rule out the tune, put the stock tune back in and go for a drive. If the jerking clears up, contact the company that created the tune for you and get a hold of their customer service group.

It could be the rear gear install; who did the installation? Drive shaft reinstall tight? Maybe the driveshaft is loose from the re-installation. Take it back to who ever did the gear install and have them re-check everything.

My car will clunk every once in awhile during rush hour crawling stop and go. I have no tune installed at this time.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I have a 2004 mustang GT auto and it does the same thing every once in awhile. When the RPMs drop from around 3/2 down to 1 it will jerk a little. No gears installed or tune yet.
sLbxO143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
My 2011 automatic has always gave a little nudge at a few miles per hour when coming to a stop. I thinks it normal, but mine doesn't have any sounds.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Thanks for the advice. I will call the guy who installed the gears. He did a good job but I was concerned about the jerking/nudging.

I was reading that the noise might go away if I buy a new drive shaft. Maybe this will be my excuse to get get one. I didnt think I would need one since Im not a speed demon but they say the ride is smoother.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang