2013 v6 hard shift - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
2013 v6 hard shift

So i was stuck in traffic bumper to bumper shifting 1st-2nd constantly . After a while i noticed my shifting was feeling harsh.kinda like dropping the clutch when i shifted. Am guessing my tranny fluid or clutch were heated. After cruising out of traffic then getting home it stopped and shifted perfectly. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Or should i have it checked???
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13
So i was stuck in traffic bumper to bumper shifting 1st-2nd constantly . After a while i noticed my shifting was feeling harsh.kinda like dropping the clutch when i shifted. Am guessing my tranny fluid or clutch were heated. After cruising out of traffic then getting home it stopped and shifted perfectly. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Or should i have it checked???
Nope never had this happen. And I drive stop and go traffic every morning so I do a 1-2 shift doZens of times. I'd take it to the dealer if the problem persists.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

That's what am thinking but its the first time it happens so well see if it does it again to the dealer it is..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
Nope never had this happen. And I drive stop and go traffic every morning so I do a 1-2 shift doZens of times. I'd take it to the dealer if the problem persists.
Ford issued a TSB on this for the earlier Mustangs (pre-2012's?). I think it had to do with draining the tranny fluid and changing it to full synthetic. May not apply to the later years, but you may want to ask your local Ford service advisor if it applies to you. No charge for TSB repair if your warranty is expired. TSB's are like "silent recalls"; if a vehicle comes in with a complaint, the TSB covers it if one is posted for the fault, but Ford does not have to issue a recall notice.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I am having same issue ford said its normal during cold weather and is part of the break in period I even called ford hot line
rghoover3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rghoover3 View Post
I am having same issue ford said its normal during cold weather and is part of the break in period I even called ford hot line
What your having is notchy shifting ..which is normal i get that too. But for me it might be what bucko said. I may have to have it checked. It drove fine this morning but it was dropping the clutch hard yesterday
Old 03-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
What can I do to fix notchy shifts I ordered a Barton bracket to be installed this weekend and looked at the Barton short throw
rghoover3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Nm you can do .. What helps is to warm up the engine well before driving and riding the gears to warm up the tranny . Short shifter will help but you will still feel it. Is just the cold though

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang