Ready for spring? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
ashpow24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Germany
Region: Other
Posts: 266
Ready for spring?

Bought a few new things to get ready for spring!!! Some new wheels, gt/cs spoiler, tail light tint and hopefully the tunes fixed for my girl!!! Anyone else counting down the days waiting??
__________________
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
ashpow24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
You have no idea how badly I want Spring to come. Last year in March the average temp for Chicago was 82. It's currently high thirties.

GT500 wing and new wheels are waiting to be put on!

What wheels did you go with, Ash?!
__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Ive got to get to cleaning mine.... no mods that I really want honestly
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Me me me!!!! Lol plz post pics!
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
I couldn't wait, in the last month or so I put on,
Roush axel backs,
GT 500 spoiler,
19" GT premium wheels with perilli tires,
GT 500 white stripes,
White rocker stripes,
Candy Apple red mirror covers.
Next will be 3.73 gears, tuner, barton two piece shifter bracket. Everything from AM of coarse. Hurry up spring, I'm so sick of snow. : (
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Boomdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpow24 View Post
Bought a few new things to get ready for spring!!! Some new wheels, gt/cs spoiler, tail light tint and hopefully the tunes fixed for my girl!!! Anyone else counting down the days waiting??
Nice little list of mods there! I just want to drive with my windows down again. I put the new exhaust on in the winter and haven't really heard it with the windows down yet haha.
__________________
Torque: It's like crack for your right foot
Boomdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Redlands
Region: California
Posts: 32
just ordered new shift knob, boot retainer, raxiom headlights and smoked tailights, h13 bulbs, sr performance lowering springs, and my window louvers all from American Muscle. it should be here by next week its like Christmas in March
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
This is what happened to my car last month.


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3632791983.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	518.4 KB
ID:	96172

Now that it is fixed i just bought the 14" super snake stripe, rocker stripe and the hash stripes in black I also have marker, third brake and tail light tint. I have an appointment to have it all put on my car in a couple weeks. Waiting on a buyer for my bike so I can buy a set of AMR gloss black wheels 18" with the 255 tires all around.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post
This is what happened to my car last month.

Now that it is fixed i just bought the 14" super snake stripe, rocker stripe and the hash stripes in black I also have marker, third brake and tail light tint. I have an appointment to have it all put on my car in a couple weeks. Waiting on a buyer for my bike so I can buy a set of AMR gloss black wheels 18" with the 255 tires all around.
Nice! Smart by getting your stripes done by a pro, I did my GT 500 stripes and they took forever! I think it was something like 12 stressful long hours. Lol
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Redlands
Region: California
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

Nice! Smart by getting your stripes done by a pro, I did my GT 500 stripes and they took forever! I think it was something like 12 stressful long hours. Lol
Completely agree on the stripes! Took me 13 hours. Almost worth paying the 325$ I was quoted to have them put on
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post

Completely agree on the stripes! Took me 13 hours. Almost worth paying the 325$ I was quoted to have them put on
How did the front bumper come out? By far the hardest part. Good thing AM is generous with the amount of stripping they give you. I had two places quote me 200$ to do just the front bumper! Sick! A few gray hairs later I finally got it. Lol
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Redlands
Region: California
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

How did the front bumper come out? By far the hardest part. Good thing AM is generous with the amount of stripping they give you. I had two places quote me 200$ to do just the front bumper! Sick! A few gray hairs later I finally got it. Lol
Front was definitely the hardest! Took me about 3 hours or so But I felt it came out decent probably just a hair off from the hood stripe but you can't really notice and yes I did have to redo part of it so lucky I had plenty of striping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130315_164830.png
Views:	120
Size:	374.8 KB
ID:	96212  
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post

Front was definitely the hardest! Took me about 3 hours or so But I felt it came out decent probably just a hair off from the hood stripe but you can't really notice and yes I did have to redo part of it so lucky I had plenty of striping.
Looks good!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Redlands
Region: California
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

Looks good!
Thanks and same to your stripes!
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
I can't wait! I see everyone has been busy with their stangs over the winter. Mine was stored away but I worked on it a little. I installed my front plate hideaway bracket so I can drive around with no front plate (semi-legally). I also cleaned off all old wax/products and then clay barred the paint, it totally fixed the overspray feel I had. Then polish with meguiars and tommorow I will put on a thick coat of meguiars synthetic wax, leave overnight, then clean sunday morning.

I ORDERED AN EXHAUST! Pypes axle-back.....was going to go for the bassani but I fell in love with a video with pypes...super unique. Very excited. Next up is wheels (cant decide yet) and a GT rear lower valence.

Considering calling insurance tomorrow to reinsure my stang for a first drive on sunday...but it is also freezing temps here with minor salt still on road.....just like chicago it was summer weather here last year.

I officially picked up my car today, one year ago, and I was wearing a T-Shirt!

here is my clay bar video


and my plate hideaway video


and i also threw in some pure white LED fogs which look amazing


Trippy View of the LED's inside the housing


CANT WAIT FOR WARM WEATHER FOLKS! EVERYONE BE SAFE OUT THERE!!!!!
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
I can't wait! I see everyone has been busy with their stangs over the winter. Mine was stored away but I worked on it a little. I installed my front plate hideaway bracket so I can drive around with no front plate (semi-legally). I also cleaned off all old wax/products and then clay barred the paint, it totally fixed the overspray feel I had. Then polish with meguiars and tommorow I will put on a thick coat of meguiars synthetic wax, leave overnight, then clean sunday morning.

I ORDERED AN EXHAUST! Pypes axle-back.....was going to go for the bassani but I fell in love with a video with pypes...super unique. Very excited. Next up is wheels (cant decide yet) and a GT rear lower valence.

Considering calling insurance tomorrow to reinsure my stang for a first drive on sunday...but it is also freezing temps here with minor salt still on road.....just like chicago it was summer weather here last year.

I officially picked up my car today, one year ago, and I was wearing a T-Shirt!

here is my clay bar video


and my plate hideaway video


and i also threw in some pure white LED fogs which look amazing


Trippy View of the LED's inside the housing


CANT WAIT FOR WARM WEATHER FOLKS! EVERYONE BE SAFE OUT THERE!!!!!

Glad to hear that you went with the Pypes. Can't wait to see what you think of them! Did you go with the black or the stainless? What wheels are in your choices? I know that you we're looking at Brembo's before. Is that still your first choice?

It's supposed to snow until the end of the month now so that push my wheel purchase back another two weeks. I hate snow.
__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
Glad to hear that you went with the Pypes. Can't wait to see what you think of them! Did you go with the black or the stainless? What wheels are in your choices? I know that you we're looking at Brembo's before. Is that still your first choice?

It's supposed to snow until the end of the month now so that push my wheel purchase back another two weeks. I hate snow.
I went with the stainless! Brembo's are still my number 1 but cant find any locally. I found a set near new with tires for $1200 about a half hour from me but that was in Dec, had my disposable income tied up at the time in the stock market

My second choice is AMR wheels in charcoal, staggered, 19" with pirellis. I love these but have not seen enough photos of them on Kona Blue. Once I am sure I like them I might just order them, but the $350 shipping cost to canada blows

what are you considering?
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
This is why I love living in Los Angeles!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
This is why I love living in Los Angeles!
I heard LA sucks for driving with all the traffic though!!!! Or is that just what they are telling us Canadians to keep us outta there....
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post

I heard LA sucks for driving with all the traffic though!!!! Or is that just what they are telling us Canadians to keep us outta there....
No actually its very true! LA traffic is the worst..there's not traffic 24/7 of course but when there is its horrible!! But nothing beats the weather here it's amazing!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:28 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Midnight2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So Cal
Region: California
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post

I heard LA sucks for driving with all the traffic though!!!! Or is that just what they are telling us Canadians to keep us outta there....
Oh yes California sucks. Don't even come here. Rains constantly. Can't see through the smog. Traffic travels no more than 25 mph. And everyone speaks Spanish. Stay in Canada. lol
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

Oh yes California sucks. Don't even come here. Rains constantly. Can't see through the smog. Traffic travels no more than 25 mph. And everyone speaks Spanish. Stay in Canada. lol
Lmao! Couldn't have said it better! Where in Cali are u from bro?
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
This is why I love living in Los Angeles!
My family and I want to move to California. I hope someday it will happen!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
ashpow24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Germany
Region: Other
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
You have no idea how badly I want Spring to come. Last year in March the average temp for Chicago was 82. It's currently high thirties.

GT500 wing and new wheels are waiting to be put on!

What wheels did you go with, Ash?!
I bought the KMC Rockstar wheels!

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post

Nice little list of mods there! I just want to drive with my windows down again. I put the new exhaust on in the winter and haven't really heard it with the windows down yet haha.
Oh goodness!!! I know! I can't wait to drive with my windows down and music up! Too cold still, 15 day forecast is looking promising tho!
__________________
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
ashpow24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

My family and I want to move to California. I hope someday it will happen!
U'll love it out here bro! Cali is awesome I would leave for anything!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
madGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chester County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 102
I have my suspension going on tomorrow and next weekend will be doing the exhaust. I'm in PA so it's not terrible, but can't wait for spring so I can opt between a windows down Stang drive or the CBR RR. Gotta love options.
madGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:18 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Midnight2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So Cal
Region: California
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Lmao! Couldn't have said it better! Where in Cali are u from bro?
Born in Pomona. Moved to Claremont at 14 in 1966. Been in the same house since.
Don't you just love it when people move to California then complain about the traffic.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:25 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

Born in Pomona. Moved to Claremont at 14 in 1966. Been in the same house since.
Don't you just love it when people move to California then complain about the traffic.
Yea u gotta love it. Traffic goes hand in hand with beaches, palm trees & beautiful weather! Can't have one with out the other!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
I went with the stainless! Brembo's are still my number 1 but cant find any locally. I found a set near new with tires for $1200 about a half hour from me but that was in Dec, had my disposable income tied up at the time in the stock market

My second choice is AMR wheels in charcoal, staggered, 19" with pirellis. I love these but have not seen enough photos of them on Kona Blue. Once I am sure I like them I might just order them, but the $350 shipping cost to canada blows

what are you considering?
The charcoal, staggered AMR's were my first choice too, but I really like the new 13' GT500 AM charcoal wheels, so I'm leaning toward that. It's been snowy here in Chicago so I'll probably hold off and make sure I get the right ones and pull the trigger in a couple weeks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpow24 View Post
I bought the KMC Rockstar wheels![COLOR="Silver"]
Nice! Can't wait to see them on!
__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #30
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
I soooooo much enjoy living in Florida and being able to drive the Mustang year round!

Although, the down time up north provides a great excuse to mod it for it's opening day in the spring!
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
When spring comes I'll be leaving. And I'll be back just in time for winter again, yeah! Only upside is I come back with a bunch of monies! New car maybe? 2015? Something else? Keep mine? Decisions, decisions..

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I soooooo much enjoy living in Florida and being able to drive the Mustang year round!

Although, the down time up north provides a great excuse to mod it for it's opening day in the spring!
I want to move to Florida sooo bad! My dad keeps trying to get me to move down there and I love it down there. GF wants the seasons though..
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Billd25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Douglassville
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 68
Hell yeah, just bought a convertible and I can't wait for spring.
Billd25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
madGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chester County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
I want to move to Florida sooo bad! My dad keeps trying to get me to move down there and I love it down there. GF wants the seasons though..
My advice, get a new GF. I grew up in Florida and met my wife when I came up for college. Always said I wanted to move back and have been getting every excuse in the book as to why we can't now. Basically I'm stuck at this point.
madGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #34
Registered User
Newbie
 
RogueWing16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bel Air
Region: Maryland
Posts: 16
Picked up my car Friday. I've only driven it once since I got it. It's been fairly cold and has either rained or snowed every day in Harford Co., MD. All I can say is wow. Too much fun to drive. Added and JLT catch can soon as I got it home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	must1.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	97095   Click image for larger version

Name:	must3.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	97096  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090453.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	791.8 KB
ID:	97097  
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 Premium / Deep Impact Blue / 6 MT / Pony Package / Glass Roof / Coupe Accessory Package 1 / Comfort Package / Security-Reverse Sensing / Rear Video Cam / 3.31

Ordered 2/09 | Received VIN 2/13 | Window Sticker 2/19 | Build Date 2/25 / Delivered 3/11
-Airaid CAI/JLT Catch Can, LLumar 20% Tint
RogueWing16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I soooooo much enjoy living in Florida and being able to drive the Mustang year round!

Although, the down time up north provides a great excuse to mod it for it's opening day in the spring!
When I get settled, I want to get settled in Florida, or somewhere in the south east.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:56 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.