Thinking about a GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Thinking about a GT

Hey guys, thinking about trading my 13 MCA with 6spd for a 14 GT 301a. I love the add ons of the MCA and premium but not sure if its worth more then the extra 100hp and larger aftermarket. My problem is not cost, more that this is my first mustang and I feel a very unique model combination. Anyone have an opinion? Insurance and trade losses don't bother me much. For background I have 25k mi on the MCA and will continue to use any var as a DD at 30k mi a year. I'm going to test drive one on the 26.
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony_Boy View Post
Hey guys, thinking about trading my 13 MCA with 6spd for a 14 GT 301a. I love the add ons of the MCA and premium but not sure if its worth more then the extra 100hp and larger aftermarket. My problem is not cost, more that this is my first mustang and I feel a very unique model combination. Anyone have an opinion? Insurance and trade losses don't bother me much. For background I have 25k mi on the MCA and will continue to use any var as a DD at 30k mi a year. I'm going to test drive one on the 26.
If money is of no concern, and you can forego your sentimental connections with the 13 MCA, then go for it! We love our sixxers in here but most of us are aware of the fact that if there is was monetary restraints we would opt for a GT ourselves.

Let us know how the test drive goes.
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny

If money is of no concern, and you can forego your sentimental connections with the 13 MCA, then go for it! We love our sixxers in here but most of us arent aware of the fact that if there is was monetary restraints we would opt for a GT ourselves.

+1
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post

If money is of no concern, and you can forego your sentimental connections with the 13 MCA, then go for it! We love our sixxers in here but most of us arent aware of the fact that if there is was monetary restraints we would opt for a GT ourselves.

Lol, yeah I get emotionally invested in my cars, I still miss my 93 Cherokee which I sold in 2005. I'll update after the drive!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
If money is no concern definitely get the gt that 5.0 coyote motor is a beast!!!
Jayday20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
see how used GT500s are pricing, may be a better path to go down~ but just depends on how much
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going to look at the 5.0 anyways but i think ill pay off this six and keep to keep as a dd and find a used '13 school bus yellow 302.... Might take a while but it's THE car I want, I shouldn't keep settling
Old 03-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm going to look at the 5.0 anyways but i think ill pay off this six and keep to keep as a dd and find a used '13 school bus yellow 302.... Might take a while but it's THE car I want, I shouldn't keep settling
Or just convert the front end lol jk I'm keeping mine, motor swap and all. It's my first mustang I'm in love with and heavily going to mod. Girlfriend says keep it so we have a show car street machine.

I love the new 302, but you can clone one easily forreal. Just look at me, cloned boss patriot in under 3,000 and it still has the power of the 2010.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Or just convert the front end lol jk I'm keeping mine, motor swap and all. It's my first mustang I'm in love with and heavily going to mod. Girlfriend says keep it so we have a show car street machine.

I love the new 302, but you can clone one easily forreal. Just look at me, cloned boss patriot in under 3,000 and it still has the power of the 2010.
Sounds like your cars sweet! I'll take a look when I get on a computer. The 302 has that look but I want the power, might do the motor swap on the six when it dies and custom quad exhaust to compliment... Or just build and boost the six I have. Can't decide... Looking at a gt premium tonight.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sounds like your cars sweet! I'll take a look when I get on a computer. The 302 has that look but I want the power, might do the motor swap on the six when it dies and custom quad exhaust to compliment... Or just build and boost the six I have. Can't decide... Looking at a gt premium tonight.
Custom? Pssh you can buy the setup for $850 or so. Premium or say a stage 1 or 2 roush. They float in the same range
Old 03-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I drove a 2013 GT automatic today.

Only around town in heavy traffic. It really did not feel a bit different then my 2012 3.7 V6 automatic. Of course the GT was bone stock and I have Magnaflows and an Airaid on my V6. Both cars sound good. Both ride good, Both look good, Both very responsive.

It did make me really appreciate my 3.7 but to be fair I did not get on the Ladies brand new GT at all. If I did I would probably hate my V6. "Just kidding"

My MCA was more plush and way nicer interior with my leather seats and Serious radio and My Ford Touch etc.

My wheels looked nicer, 18 inch dark grey MCA wheels. Her car was a dark blue with black cloth interior and still looked nice.

If she is at the diner next Saturday I will do a picture. I did not have my camera this morning.

I really can't believe she let me drive her car. We just met at breakfast and started talking Mustangs. I told her I never drove a GT and she said come on and try it out. She was with me and I did not want to drive stupid and get her upset plus the traffic was really thick as well as the Police. (Bike Week Here)

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang