Mustang Evolution Forum banner

acceleration timer

3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  13 stang22 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 mustang premium and my acceleration timer I feel is wrong. it's saying I'm 0-60 in 5.6 sec when I have cai bama hybrid tune ported throttle body and 3.73 gears. how accurate are these things? I have done a few pulls with a few respectable cars (at the track) and won.

#6 ·
I'm in Texas. it's a good elevation. with everything I had on it it was running 4.9 - 4.8 sec. I put 3.73 gears on and it went up to 5.6. it feels faster. I also had a race tune when I was doing under 5 and I switched to hybrid. everyone says hybrid is better but idk if it is for me. I'm really confused. and I have an auto

#7 ·
Maybe the new tune didn't adjust your speedometer for 3.73 gears and its causing your track apps to be inaccurate. If you tell bama your speedometer seems off they can fix it.

#13 ·
Yes they are. Maybe they made a mistake though. Do you have a GPS or something else that can give you a semi-accurate speed reading? Maybe one of the police mounted displays on the side of the road somewhere.

#14 ·
Look at the file they emailed you and see if the 3.73's are listed on there.
My 13 Performance Packaged M/T is running 5.6-5.7 with my winter tires running Slightly uphill with spin in first and second on an 87 Tune.

#17 ·
Make sure you use the same road to do your testing. I use the same road and same starting spot to do all of my performance test. The road i use is a little up hill but its hard to find a flat and level road in Tennessee :banghead:

#22 ·
Its for sure wrong it told me I ran a 5.6 with a Procharger and that's for sure false. I'm not sure I gave up on it unless you recalibrate it which you would probably have to go to the dealership. Then they would hassle you and charge you and it still probably wouldn't get fixed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.