Mod Suggestions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Mod Suggestions

2013 v6, manual, MCA package
Gotta Have It Green

Exterior:
Eleanor louvers
Tinted side markers
Black fuel door
Black plasti dip rear valance
Black plant dip rear spoiler

Interior:
Carroll Shelby floor mats
Phone dock that attaches to the windshield

Performance:
Airaid CAI
Roush Axlebacks
Just ordered strut tower brace

Anymore mod suggestions I can do without voiding my warranty?
TheHulk305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Could go a full cat back or get a custom H or X pipe made. Don't forget a tune. Wheels? Lowering springs? LCAs, adjustable pan hard bar? Just about any suspension work should be ok. Short shifter too
Old 03-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Oil catch can

I personally like my JLT oil separator due to it already has genuine Ford lines that just plug in to replace the stock hose.

If you plan on keeping your car for a very long time it is well worth the investment. I got mine from American Muscle and with the forum discount it was only $112.00 shipped. It will stop your engine from getting all sludged up in time.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
dlm
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
How is the catch can held in place?
dlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Easy as can be.

With the JLT all you do is unplug the ends and plug in the catch can. All JLT does is use stock Ford hoses and insert the catch can in the center. The connections are very secure and the oil separator just stays put when both ends are connected. The hoses are made of a hard type rubber and hold the catch can securely.

You just unscrew the bottom about every 5,000 miles or so to empty it and clean it. It does have a filter built into it. It is very well made and an excellent design. I like the piece of mind it provides knowing the oil mist is not sitting in my engine turning to sludge.

Go to American Muscle and watch the video and read up on it.

Ronnie
Old 03-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

What exactly does the JLT oil separator do?
Old 03-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Here is a good

Read this>HowStuffWorks "How does a positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system work?"

What the catch can does is stop the oil & mist from going into your top end and what don't burn turns to sludge giving you big problems in the future.
You just empty it out about every 5,000 miles and the oil you catch can (oil separator) will really surprise you. It is a good way to keep your engine clean and still be environment friendly.

The reason the factory's don't put them on is because of the Govt. approved the PCV valve back in the 60's or early 70's and they sure don't want to rock the boat with anything that will cost them more to install on every car. The PCV valve is a mandatory item that has to be on all engines.

I'm planning on keeping my 2012 MCA for at least ten or twelve years or more so spending $112.00 is well worth the cost of the JLT for me.

Ronnie
Old 03-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Other than the strut tower brace, you don't have anything for the suspension. Might look at the FRHP (Ford Racing Handling Package).
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It don't seem to need anything suspension related

Handles good, rides good, steers good, Corners just fine and does not dip when hard breaking. The front and rear sway bars are already huge and the car is already low enough to not want to hit a parking curb. It does scrape going into the tunnels at Daytona speedway. It is low enough for me. Nope, I don't want or need any suspension parts.

Ronnie
Old 03-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I personally like my JLT oil separator due to it already has genuine Ford lines that just plug in to replace the stock hose.

If you plan on keeping your car for a very long time it is well worth the investment. I got mine from American Muscle and with the forum discount it was only $112.00 shipped. It will stop your engine from getting all sludged up in time.

Ronnie
are those water spots?
have you been scuba diving with your mustang recently?
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

They sure are

I just drove a little over 1,000 miles in the rain and have not had a chance to clean my engine bay. Ya gotta love Florida living. Either Hot or Raining.

Ronnie
Old 03-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
What about rims and ford racing lower springs ? Got to look nice as well
Old 03-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Nick

Your blue Mustang would look great with A white cobra stripe.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

With cosmetic mods do what YOU want. You can ask everyone one here a million times and your almost never going to an answer that goes one way or another. It's your car buddy do want ever you want.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

How would a rear window louver look with Eleanor quarter window louvers?
Old 03-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk305 View Post
How would a rear window louver look with Eleanor quarter window louvers?
Good
Old 03-24-2013, 01:24 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Good
Exactly how I was going to say it lol
Old 03-25-2013, 01:17 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post

Exactly how I was going to say it lol
Glad to hear someone who thinks like I do, this could get dangerous :p
Old 03-25-2013, 05:14 AM   #19
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I agree totally with Ronnies statements with an oil catch can. I installed one using the Ford's connectors/plastic lines I got off of a Ford F150 from a junk yard. I paid five bucks for the lines, and another fifteen for a water seperator (air compressor). I drive about 500 miles a week, and after 3 weeks of this highway driving, I have just over a teaspoon of oil in the seperator. Glad to have that caught and kept from getting to the intake/backsides of the valves. Well worth the money spent, buying one or making you're own.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
With the JLT all you do is unplug the ends and plug in the catch can. All JLT does is use stock Ford hoses and insert the catch can in the center. The connections are very secure and the oil separator just stays put when both ends are connected. The hoses are made of a hard type rubber and hold the catch can securely.

You just unscrew the bottom about every 5,000 miles or so to empty it and clean it. It does have a filter built into it. It is very well made and an excellent design. I like the piece of mind it provides knowing the oil mist is not sitting in my engine turning to sludge.

Go to American Muscle and watch the video and read up on it.

Ronnie

Ronnie, you might want to clean your catch can every 1,500 miles, it should be over half full by then. Just saying...........
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Glad to hear someone who thinks like I do, this could get dangerous :p
Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang