DRL DISABLE?? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Mines made in Michigan. (They all are) mine was a rental x plan and had to have that due to not knowing where they were shipping them. Ford chewed me out for asking and so did my local dealership. But I haven't asked my dealership I bought it from
Mine was all so a rental because they said it should of been shipped but it wasn't now not all dealership know how to do it. But tye guy went in and where the drl are and there was no option so I kmow its a Canadian car. I did see some one cut a wire and put it with another one I guess it worked. But im going look into a junk yard for a used box and switch them out i am installed the smoke raxiom halo headlights and they work exactly normal headlights. If u have a email I email you pics
RIstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIstang View Post

Mine was all so a rental because they said it should of been shipped but it wasn't now not all dealership know how to do it. But tye guy went in and where the drl are and there was no option so I kmow its a Canadian car. I did see some one cut a wire and put it with another one I guess it worked. But im going look into a junk yard for a used box and switch them out i am installed the smoke raxiom halo headlights and they work exactly normal headlights. If u have a email I email you pics
How's it do with the headlights? Flicker or constant?
Old 07-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How's it do with the headlights? Flicker or constant?
Constant there no problem I would just switch out the bulbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Constant there no problem I would just switch out the bulbs
I have the zxe by sylvania in mine. Didn't fix it? Or is it cause its the projector style headlight instead if halogen?
Old 07-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #40

Region: Iowa
drl w after market installed

Quote:
Could send me pics or post some. What kind of headlights and bulbs did u get? I was told nothing was compatible because of the DRL so I would love to find a way to prove them wrong!
theredguy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredguy70 View Post
Could send me pics or post some. What kind of headlights and bulbs did u get? I was told nothing was compatible because of the DRL so I would love to find a way to prove them wrong!
Send me a email or your munber
Old 01-11-2014, 10:41 PM   #42

Region: Iowa
What did u find?

Quote:
I have been trying to figure this out since 2011..... Any info on getting this to work would be awesome
theredguy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #43
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
I've crawled the Internet and here. It used to be a fuse but in the 2011 model its in one of the many computers. I suspect the SJB because AM sells a parking light DRL wiring mod that wires into the SJB. But they can hook the computer into the port under the steering wheel.
No fuse would run headlights. Relay
CVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #44
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
I found a guy who wrote me a how to disable the DRLs on my 2005. if you wanted I could email it to you and you could see if it was anywhere near similar? it requires cutting a few wires running a new wire for the headlight power and putting some to a relay
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVH View Post
No fuse would run headlights. Relay

Explain sir? There is a fuse for the high beams but not for the low beams. What's a relay?
Old 01-28-2014, 10:49 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I am in the same boat.. I have tinted headlights which look nice when the car is parked, but when I drive it around the headlights are on DRL, which kinda defeats the look of tinted headlights!

I asked my uncle who works for Ford, if this can be deactivated. He checked with the company and they said that once the ECU is programed, there is no EASY way to turn it off. You could as one suggested make a switchbox relay type to get around it, but I do not have that kind of experience to do that kind of thing, so it looks like I am stuck with DRL... FAIL.

Side note, all the AM headlights if you read down to the "Technical Note" part state that the Raxiom lights are not compatible with factory DRL... so we can't even customize our lights!
BlackBetty2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Because for me, I have $60 bulbs to help see the side of the road for deer. In my case. These bulbs last only a year.
Sorry for the old post revisited WL, but looking at your car I am now wondering what bulbs you have that last only a year?
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Sorry for the old post revisited WL, but looking at your car I am now wondering what bulbs you have that last only a year?

Sylvania silver star ultra. The light is crisp and white. The bulb itself is put on a 6v power with the DRL so it drains the life pretty fast. On normal headlights it's 12v when engaged. The bulbs haven't blown but are becoming a more yellow and dim.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:59 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
OK thanks WL. The 13-14's day running lights are white LED Whiskers now on the far outside and put the halo like headlights on the inside.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:52 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
OK thanks WL. The 13-14's day running lights are white LED Whiskers now on the far outside and put the halo like headlights on the inside.

I want those style lights but can't cause of DRL. Sadly. Unless it'll work with Shelby lights and I have the 2 bars always on. I would rather have my ambers on all the time than the lamps

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang