Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Help! My paint!

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  bucko 
#1 ·
A bird has nested in our garage. I think I just ruined my paint and $3,000 conversion. Help me out as to my options on BRAND NEW paint.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That sucks! Sorry that happened. If you're not familiar with using rubbing compound and wax with a buffer. I would take it to a professional care care facility and get a quote to have it done. It doesn't look like you've ruined it though. What the heck was the bird doing? Trying to hump the stang?lol

#6 ·
Some buffing compound should clean that up pretty easily to be honest. You can try it by hand first and see if it clears up and if it doesnt you can move on to a buffer. I had a similar thing happen to my car with a bunch of bird crap and these berries on my street and buffing compound cleared it right up. It also worked when the brush at the car wash had a pebble in it and I scratched my entire front bumper in one swipe.

Needless to say, buffing compound works wonders!

#11 ·
Use the white "polishing" compound to remove scrathes in the clearcoat; stay away from the orange rubbing compound, as it is very abrasive (used to remove dead paint).

Use it lightly, buff with a towel, then again. After a couple of applications, you'll remove the surface scratches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.