Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust

I am thinking about ordering BBK Catted X-Pipe with the Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust. Other than cost and or noise, anyone else running these?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
That's the exact set up I'm saving for lol, post a vid when you get them!
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
I am thinking about ordering BBK Catted X-Pipe with the Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust. Other than cost and or noise, anyone else running these?
I have a buddy running headers and FR axlebacks and it sounds good to me.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #4

Region: Rhode Island
I just switched from roush axle-backs to ford racing sports and it's like night and day.....but in a good way. The roush had copious amounts drone on the highway and rattled the entire interior of the car, but it sounded like the mating call of the devil. The ford racing's are more refined and sophisticated sounding and have zero drone on the highway. They still sound awesome though and I'm happy I got them.
jazzyfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I got Ford Racing Sport Axle backs and love them with the stock pipes. Better sound than you can hear online and really they are Borla Stingers.

My box from Ford Racing even had the Borla Hat, but I wanted Ford Brand installed by dealer to prevent any service issues down the road.

Think, I have a clunk in the back. "well those pipe you put in are causing it"

Next ford product, I have a clunk in the back, "well we found out XX was causing that and fixed it for you".

The little extra money well worth it.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

thanks to all of you who responded!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyfizzle View Post
I just switched from roush axle-backs to ford racing sports and it's like night and day.....but in a good way. The roush had copious amounts drone on the highway and rattled the entire interior of the car, but it sounded like the mating call of the devil. The ford racing's are more refined and sophisticated sounding and have zero drone on the highway. They still sound awesome though and I'm happy I got them.
That is certainly a good way to describe the sound of the Roush axle backs! I simply refered to them as obnoxious loud! I had a set on for all of 45 minutes before I promptly removed them. I'm very happy with the GT500 mufflers I replaced them with.

But please use the classifieds section to sell parts. Lets leave the tech forums for what they are; tech related.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I wasn't using the section to sell parts. I was using to see if price wasn't an option, would they buy the Ford Racing Axle-Backs. To which I ordered yesterday.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

sorry but possibly my soon-to-be ex-mechanic sent a file to email address. It wouldn't down load it because of the size and he thinking that it was deleivered, erased it.

Can really tell a difference with the exhaust and tune. I will have to be careful. Just a little gas and it roars very loudly and a very deep growl. When at a constant speed it is really quiet inside.

I most definitely would recommend the bbk catted x-pipes with the ford sport mufflers.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
That is certainly a good way to describe the sound of the Roush axle backs! I simply refered to them as obnoxious loud! I had a set on for all of 45 minutes before I promptly removed them. I'm very happy with the GT500 mufflers I replaced them with.

But please use the classifieds section to sell parts. Lets leave the tech forums for what they are; tech related.
If you got them new you should have given them more than 45 mins! They do quiet down after they get some carbon build up in them! But they are loud which anyone who buys them are usually well aware of!?
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #11
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
If you got them new you should have given them more than 45 mins to give them an honest review! They do quiet down after they get some carbon build up in them!
There was no way they were going to stay on the car past that time! It would have taken a potato stuffed in the tail end to get them quiet!

I leave at around 4:00 AM to head off to work 3 to 4 times a week. They would have awoken everyone in my neighborhood.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
I wasn't using the section to sell parts. I was using to see if price wasn't an option, would they buy the Ford Racing Axle-Backs. To which I ordered yesterday.
Wasn't you. It was another members post in this thread. You're good!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
These right? The ones for the v6? The FR500S?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1829409368.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	99836  
NelsonQuezadaJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There was no way they were going to stay on the car past that time! It would have taken a potato stuffed in the tail end to get them quiet!

I leave at around 4:00 AM to head off to work 3 to 4 times a week. They would have awoken everyone in my neighborhood.
I leave at 530 and as long as your respectful of others you should have no problems. I've had 0 complaints to date! You must of knew they were going to b loud, like really loud before you bought them?
Old 04-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
I leave at 530 and as long as your respectful of others you should have no problems. I've had 0 complaints to date! You must of knew they were going to b loud, like really loud before you bought them?
Nope. I was certainly uneducated on them. Bought them from a member who had them on his convertible. With the top down, he said they were too loud "for his age". I figured with a coupe, no problem. Well, they were too loud for me as well. I ended up with a set of GT500's. I'm old too!

No worries for the others that like them. I just drive too much and prefer to fly low to the noise police.

Nice looking ride by the way MrMike.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nope. I was certainly uneducated on them. Bought them from a member who had them on his convertible. With the top down, he said they were too loud "for his age". I figured with a coupe, no problem. Well, they were too loud for me as well. I ended up with a set of GT500's. I'm old too!

No worries for the others that like them. I just drive too much and prefer to fly low to the noise police.

Nice looking ride by the way MrMike.
Thanks, I can definitely understand y you didn't like them then. I respect that. Some people buy them knowing they r going to be really loud then complain there too loud,drone too much, pop and gurgle too loud. They basically do what the stock exhaust do, but x10 loud. Lol.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

These are the ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonQuezadaJr View Post
These right? The ones for the v6? The FR500S?
No, here is the name and model number.

Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust (11-14 V6) -
$669.99

Market Price $776.99You Save 14% ($107.00)

Item # 50147
Old 04-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:

No, here is the name and model number.

Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust (11-14 V6) -
$669.99

Market Price $776.99You Save 14% ($107.00)

Item # 50147
Oh my bad, I have the Ford Racing Power Pack that has the FR500s mufflers and if the exhaust you want is anything like mine, it will sound fantastic, but what do I know
NelsonQuezadaJr is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust