does it matter...? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Chaseh504's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 178
Send a message via Skype™ to Chaseh504
does it matter...?

Does it matter if I get axle backs before headers and mid pipes? Or which one should I get first?
Chaseh504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Billymich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 861
Axle backs will change your sound the most, assuming you're not going O/R mid pipes. Highflow cats or cat delete will effect performance the most, and headers or longtubes will effect the range at which your car produces power (though not significantly)
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Chaseh504's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 178
Send a message via Skype™ to Chaseh504
I want Roush axle backs with bbk off road x pipes and bbk long tube headers
Chaseh504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaseh504 View Post
I want Roush axle backs with bbk off road x pipes and bbk long tube headers
Toooooo f*cken loud and ugly raspy. Ur gna need resonators to fix the rasp. I had that setup bro so trust me when i say u will need resonators
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
mtnbiker92271's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Toooooo f*cken loud and ugly raspy. Ur gna need resonators to fix the rasp. I had that setup bro so trust me when i say u will need resonators
I want a nice effective exhaust but without the loud sound. What would you recommend? Thinking catback system.
mtnbiker92271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker92271 View Post

I want a nice effective exhaust but without the loud sound. What would you recommend? Thinking catback system.
Hmmm a touring Axlebacks from borla thats mean but not loud. But honestly the magnaflow street catback sounds good with headers my buddy has it
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:16 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker92271 View Post
I want a nice effective exhaust but without the loud sound. What would you recommend? Thinking catback system.
Stay far away from the Roush if you don't want loud!

head out to some local car shows in your area and listen first hand to some of the Mustang V6's with modified exhausts. The owners will be happy to chat with you, start their cars, and let you listen. Once you find a sound you like, you're halfway there. Now the money.....
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:36 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Stay far away from the Roush if you don't want loud!

head out to some local car shows in your area and listen first hand to some of the Mustang V6's with modified exhausts. The owners will be happy to chat with you, start their cars, and let you listen. Once you find a sound you like, you're halfway there. Now the money.....
+1 I have roush and they are LOUD! Luv them! But if you don't want loud stay far away!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker92271 View Post
I want a nice effective exhaust but without the loud sound. What would you recommend? Thinking catback system.
What Charlie Said, if you went A/B the Borla Touring or FRPP Touring if you wanted a smaller tip, same muffler. The Magnaflow street sounds pretty mello also, louder than the other 2 but not a lot.
Siber Express is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
mtnbiker92271's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
What Charlie Said, if you went A/B the Borla Touring or FRPP Touring if you wanted a smaller tip, same muffler. The Magnaflow street sounds pretty mello also, louder than the other 2 but not a lot.
Thank you all for the advice.
mtnbiker92271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:39 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.