V6 sound like a GT ? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
The pypes sound very similar to the roushto to my ear just Not as deep. The roush have a chambered sound to them. The pypes have a straight trough straight pipe type of sound. I like te roush more than the pypes honestly, idk why everyone on this forum likes em so much.

My first exhaust set up for my car I made the pypes at a local muffler shop for 140. Straight pipe with magna flow 4.5 inch stainless steel tips. It sounded really nice revving and under 1500 rpm. Anywhere else and it sounded like a fart cannon. Ive never heard the pypes in person but I'm curious to see if it sounds any different than my Straight pipe. The roush sound way different to me.
Do they have the trumpeting or the screaming rasp factor like roush after 3,000 rpm? I'm interested because I want freaking loud. But not like a Honda where its roar and only a ten mph gain.
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
I feel the exact opposite of you, yea the pipes is basically a straight pipe but they sound nice. And videos don't do them justice, videos also make the roush sound like a huge fart can. Also think the pypes sound better with headers than roush does.
Dude their sound is so similar to the roush its almost hard to tell the difference! Idle is almost the exact same and when you push it past 3k they have the same touch of raspiness as the roush. When both are pushed past 3k the roush also seem to be a bit louder. To say one sounds like a "huge fart can" when both sound so similar is bias!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Idk maybe its how they had it set up. I dong care what people want to have as their exhaust as long as they are driving a mustang and everyone has a personal preference. I just get where I feel like I have to protect my exhaust haha
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Idk maybe its how they had it set up. I dong care what people want to have as their exhaust as long as they are driving a mustang and everyone has a personal preference. I just get where I feel like I have to protect my exhaust haha
Don't feel like you have to protect it, its a good sounding system! There's no right or wrong. I had someone say my car color/stripe combo is his least favorite color combo, I couldn't care less about his opinion, its just his opinion. Don't let it bother u. +1 as long as everyone drives a stang and doesn't convert to a crapero. Lol.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
my point of view is to just make a v6 sound like the best dang v6 you can..something aggressive that makes people wonder...i just did my latest exhaust two days ago...and had another exhaust put on a week before that...i'm on my 6 or 7 exhuast lol...and i finally found the one i love the most...borla stingers

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I have a 06 v6 with magnaflow magnapacks and a x pipe and they sound really good, quiet but good, and I have a 07 v6 and I unbolted the muffler and took a 3 inch resonated tip and put it on where the muffler was and it sounds really good and very loud
06v6mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I know the pypes are different than a straight pipe because it is all resonated. So it's not going to have that trumpeting my 140 dollar straight pipes I had. That's the main reason I didn't like my straight pipes was because of the insane trumpeting sound when not going full throttle.

The roush I had before my Borlas were for sure deeper than the straight pipe I had made at a muffler shop. The idle on the roush I like more than the Borlas too. It has a mean deep almost cammed sound to the idle.

I haven't heard a car with the pypes set up but it definitely sounds closer to the roush exhaust than to the straight pipe I had made at a shop, in videos at least. They both have a similar idle tone and revving sound. Under load they sound kinda different in videos.

The Borlas are much more refined than any other mufflers. I just can't say enough good things about them. When I hit the gas there is no vibration in the cabin like the roush, straight pipes, or magna flows I had. All you hear is a deep exhaust with no drone or resonance at all in the car
They are loud when you need them to be and whisper quiet if you want them to be. I would say the roush are a 10 in loudness for just the axle backs honestly you can't get louder.
The Borlas are like a 7 in loudness. It will for sure still turn heads at full throttle.
They fill out the bumper perfectly, align perfectly in the cutouts, and should never ever rust through with the all stainless steel construction.
They also have no rasp at all, no trumpeting, and I have noticed a torque increase coming from the roush going to the Borlas. On the low end the car squats back harder than it did with the roush for sure.
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

As a second axel back set I want ataks, do they ever go on sale, like way on sale?
Old 03-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Really like my Flowmaster axle back force II mufflers. Sounds perfect pitch to me with my BBK headers, off road x pipe and two glass pack resonators. Go with the flow yo
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

That's true I want to try some borlas out I just really don't want to pay for them! I love sound but I feel like I could spend the 700 to get a little extra ponies lol
Old 03-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's true I want to try some borlas out I just really don't want to pay for them! I love sound but I feel like I could spend the 700 to get a little extra ponies lol
I just met with two local members (fox21 and monkey 13) the borlas are deeper, louder, and the tips are of better quality. I love my pypes but the extra cost of borlas...justified.....good exhaust. Monkey 13 shot a video of all three hell post it some time
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post

I just met with two local members (fox21 and monkey 13) the borlas are deeper, louder, and the tips are of better quality. I love my pypes but the extra cost of borlas...justified.....good exhaust. Monkey 13 shot a video of all three hell post it some time
I hear they are well worth the $! I also like the 4.5" tips. If I can save enough cash they will probably be my next exhaust.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

well if borlas can make my car sound as good as they do i could only imagine what they'd do on a 3.7

Old 03-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

I hear they are well worth the $! I also like the 4.5" tips. If I can save enough cash they will probably be my next exhaust.
Yes they are an extra half inch larger than the pypes and its noticeable. They're really well made! And they didn't have the major fitment issues us pypes guys have. Regardless I am very happy with my exhaust I'm just saying the borla is worth it!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post

Yes they are an extra half inch larger than the pypes and its noticeable. They're really well made! And they didn't have the major fitment issues us pypes guys have. Regardless I am very happy with my exhaust I'm just saying the borla is worth it!
Which ones do u have?
Old 03-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I have the pype bombs...axle back. Monkey 13 has borla atak axle back and fox 21 has borla atak cat back...which sounds incredible...slight but noticeable difference to the axle backs...deeper. the pypes are hard to hate though they have such a unique sound. The borlas sound as close to an 8cyl as possible. The pypes sound like a very aggressive v6
Old 03-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Has anyone heard the borla s types? I liked their sound the best on the computer
Old 03-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Has anyone heard the borla s types? I liked their sound the best on the computer
Punk those borla exhausts. Lmao Flowmaster all the way. Deep tone and smooth.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

I've had flow masters not my favorite! I'm just gonna stick with the pypes for now!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Punk those borla exhausts. Lmao Flowmaster all the way. Deep tone and smooth.
yeah i've tried super 40s, original 40s, and thrush welds (which are built like a 40) and i still like the borlas more..all personal preference

Old 03-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I like rip your face off aggressive loud! Lol.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Me too but that's difficult to do with pur cars... mine is pretty loud but I wish it was louder!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If you want it louder the borla s types are not what you want clamphier! The pypes are louder than the borlas but the borlas are much deeper and not as raspy. here's another vid i took recently of my car with the borlas broken in. you need some good speakers or headphones to really hear the deepness of the borla exhaust.

Notice how nice and deep the downshift is. And the rev up is smooth, deep, and loud.

powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Me too but that's difficult to do with pur cars... mine is pretty loud but I wish it was louder!
Maybe atak catback with headers. Mmmmm goodness!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:33 AM   #60
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
I have a sixxer as well and was really thinking about getting Gt500 axle backs fitted on. Any feedback there. I'm not necessarily looking to sound like a gt or have anything too loud. just want a deeper sound and want to stick with ford parts as much as possible.
I went this route. Very pleased with the sound. Great idle, and sounds good when you stomp it (not obnoxious loud). I posted an install about these here. Search by my name and "GT500".
Old 06-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #61

If you want the closest thing to the sound of a gt without paying 1k up get Borla ATAKS! I've had them from day one and I love the sound!
VaderStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

definitely recommend Borla atak bro
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang