Boss Grilles - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Boss Grilles

So I am wanting to replace my front grille with a Boss grille, has any attempted this yet on a V6? If so did you have to replace the front bumper?
rmlong06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Kit from American muscle, just need the grill and maybe a lower insert if you'd like. I'd get it but I like the MCA grill that I have better, haven't seen many other MCA mustangs around.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Direct fit on the 13/14 only to be clear...
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmlong06 View Post
So I am wanting to replace my front grille with a Boss grille, has any attempted this yet on a V6? If so did you have to replace the front bumper?
Yeah... It's a pain. You gotta convert the bumper In the 10-12. Then you gotta paint it. It's about 2000 for a good job. Don't let anyone tell you cheaper because it simply won't be good enough. Don't ebay it. Buy from a body shop or ford. Only the best for a 30,000 mustang, right?
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Yeah... It's a pain. You gotta convert the bumper In the 10-12. Then you gotta paint it. It's about 2000 for a good job. Don't let anyone tell you cheaper because it simply won't be good enough. Don't ebay it. Buy from a body shop or ford. Only the best for a 30,000 mustang, right?
That's what I was afraid of but you're right about only the best for my mustang. Where did you get your bumper from?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's what I was afraid of but you're right about only the best for my mustang. Where did you get your bumper from?
My body shop got it all aftermarket. Word to the wise. The bumper and grille all work great but the grille surround I'd recommend getting oem as its a harder plastic. All in all it was like $500 in parts and he painted them all except the grille. You can do the swap your self too. But I paid him to so it and fix my hood.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

That's not to bad, I paid some where between a grand and 1200 for my front an rear side scoops and my louvers and for their part job.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's not to bad, I paid some where between a grand and 1200 for my front an rear side scoops and my louvers and for their part job.
I'd have done the louver myself. I'm confident enough to dip my rims and mirrors and take the front end off. But anything beyond that, ill pay someone to deal with those problems.

Plus the boss grille is around 302 dollars so I'm just gonna either get the plates for the GT grille as I like the chrome pony, or am just gonna power those big fogs up
Old 03-23-2013, 12:42 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

That's my dilemma right now, I like my chrome pony and not sure if I want to get rid of it.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
selling my MCA edition upper and lower (2013+) for anyone interested. $450 + 50 shipping. they were only on the car for a month, then removed for the black GT/Cs versions

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang