Guys (& gals). This is it - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
That test mule picture is so freaking old. That test mule doesn't mean ***** and doesn't mean that its actually being used. There is no way Ford is gonna put the fusion grill on the stang.

My brothers , bosses wife's first cousin has a step brother who was dating the daughter of a guy who was friends with a mustang trainer whose father is employed at Ford. This guy says there is no way that test mule is gonna look anything like the picture. In fact according to this mustang trainers father he was told by his co worker who was told by his boss that word around Ford is they love to leak wrong pictures just to get everybody talking on these mustang forums and watch people freak out over a large piece metal with an engine. Then Ford executives sit back and laugh their a$$es off reading this ***** about this is it guys and gals.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Region: Michigan
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

No, I never posted that. I would be happy to link you to the guy who did. I know who you are talking about, and I'm the one who called him out on his BS. The only two things that I have said to be "confirmed" to my knowledge is the Fusion "looking" front grill on the test mule (pictured above), it will have a v8 (different thread) and that the tail lights will be 3d. Similar to the 13s. Those are the only things I have posted that I would confirm. Other than that, I have not been making any conformation comments on photos or sketches.
Well then I stand corrected, my bad
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Region: Michigan
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Yea man nobody is winning any bragging rights over it, but I do know someone that knows somebody that's does work for ford. Ima try to get the inside scoop from him if he would even tell me
Haha that's funny

I do work for Ford but none of us "normal" folk have had a single glimpse of it, not even design language sketches. Back in late '09 / early '10 we saw renders of the new Fusion and that blew my mind at the time as well as the MCE for the Edge, Flex and the new Escape, but the Mustang? Nothing.
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #74
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post

Haha that's funny

I do work for Ford but none of us "normal" folk have had a single glimpse of it, not even design language sketches. Back in late '09 / early '10 we saw renders of the new Fusion and that blew my mind at the time as well as the MCE for the Edge, Flex and the new Escape, but the Mustang? Nothing.
I get the feeling the 15' Mustang will be something to behold once it's unveiled.. I'm guessing since the 14' is out and haven't herd of any anniversary(50th) packages, that the 15' will be and all these concepts are playing into Fords hand.. I say chances are we have seen very little to none of what the 15' will actually be and people from all sides will find styling etc to happy about.. Kudos to Ford.. Well played
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Before this thread gets closed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz

No, I never posted that. I would be happy to link you to the guy who did. I know who you are talking about, and I'm the one who called him out on his BS. The only two things that I have said to be "confirmed" to my knowledge is the Fusion "looking" front grill on the test mule (pictured above), it will have a v8 (different thread) and that the tail lights will be 3d. Similar to the 13s. Those are the only things I have posted that I would confirm. Other than that, I have not been making any conformation comments on photos or sketches.
aren't all the tail lights 3d? Unless it is a flat image, it has a third dimension...
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
Don't jinx the thread it's full of uncertainty and suspense
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Don't jinx the thread it's full of uncertainty and suspense
So just start another same thread. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Before this thread gets closed...



aren't all the tail lights 3d? Unless it is a flat image, it has a third dimension...
No, the lights before the 13 flat. When I say 3d, I mean they have depth. Look at a 12's tail lights then look at a 13. You'll know what I mean. It's kind of hard to describe.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:55 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: hazelwood
Region: Missouri
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post
It's a 2 door "fastback" look. The front matches exactly to the spyshots of the mule testing, it's not the Fusion because of the two doors, and the front fender is slightly different. I am very skeptical of everything, but i'm putting my money on this.
It looks too much like an EVO in the nose here
gt500boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #80
Icy
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Region: New York
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt500boy View Post
It looks too much like an EVO in the nose here
Sure does. Seems all the renders out there are using cues from the Evos. If so, i hope it's the front only. The rear of that thing is hideous IMO.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz

No, the lights before the 13 flat. When I say 3d, I mean they have depth. Look at a 12's tail lights then look at a 13. You'll know what I mean. It's kind of hard to describe.
The lights on my 12 have three dimensions.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
The lights on my 12 have three dimensions.
Not like the 13's and 14's. They are flat when compared to that. Look at both side by side.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz

Not like the 13's and 14's. They are flat when compared to that. Look at both side by side.
I've seen it. I posted photos of it from NAIAS. I saw it when I decided to get a 12 instead of 13...we know, but the point is that the 65-12s also have "3d" tails lol
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
Boomdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I've seen it. I posted photos of it from NAIAS. I saw it when I decided to get a 12 instead of 13...we know, but the point is that the 65-12s also have "3d" tails lol
I think he means 3D by the fact that the actual LED brake/turn signal lights that are inside of the LED rings are recessed into the light and not flush like the 05-09's & 10-12's whole taillights are. I've heard the same thing that they have a stepped look to them and don't have a solid singular lense like the 05-12's.
__________________
Torque: It's like crack for your right foot
Boomdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:03 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
Boomdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 681




I kind of think both of those are pretty awesome IMO. I'd buy it.
__________________
Torque: It's like crack for your right foot
Boomdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:06 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
I think he means 3D by the fact that the actual LED brake/turn signal lights that are inside of the LED rings are recessed into the light and not flush like the 05-09's & 10-12's whole taillights are. I've heard the same thing that they have a stepped look to them and don't have a solid singular lense like the 05-12's.
^Exactly^

UltArc, I don't think you aren't understanding what I am saying. 3d means 3 dimensions. They have depth to them. The 13's and the 14's are the only Mustangs that have that. The 12's are flush, they are not 3d in any way. My point was that the 15's tail lights are going to have depth to them, like the 13's.

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post




I kind of think both of those are pretty awesome IMO. I'd buy it.
Ehh. A little to similar to the current generation IMO. I want something different, something revolutionary.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

^Exactly^

UltArc, I don't think you aren't understanding what I am saying. 3d means 3 dimensions. They have depth to them. The 13's and the 14's are the only Mustangs that have that. The 12's are flush, they are not 3d in any way. My point was that the 15's tail lights are going to have depth to them, like the 13's.
I'm pretty sure he knows what you mean and is just messing with you
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz

No, i'm pretty sure he has no idea what i'm talking about..
The only thing two dimensional is paper lol. Anything with depth is three dimensional...its like little kids putting 3d glasses on and thinking the world is now in 3d...it always has been.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 86
Actually even paper is 3D lol the only thing 2D would be the writing on it or a drawing or image on a screen. I also think he knows what you're talking about and just messing with you though haha.
kpass3490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpass3490
Actually even paper is 3D lol the only thing 2D would be the writing on it or a drawing or image on a screen. I also think he knows what you're talking about and just messing with you though haha.
Actually, even writing and drawings are, too lol. I know it DOES have a depth, but I was trying to use it as an easy example, since like you said, an image on a screen. A length and width only.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post
^Exactly^

UltArc, I don't think you aren't understanding what I am saying. 3d means 3 dimensions. They have depth to them. The 13's and the 14's are the only Mustangs that have that. The 12's are flush, they are not 3d in any way. My point was that the 15's tail lights are going to have depth to them, like the 13's.

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------



Ehh. A little to similar to the current generation IMO. I want something different, something revolutionary.
The green one is a 2014 after going through the BMW design studio and the Red one is a 2014 after going through the Aston Martin design studio. I think Ford will be looking for more drama than that, but we'll see.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Actually, even writing and drawings are, too lol. I know it DOES have a depth, but I was trying to use it as an easy example, since like you said, an image on a screen. A length and width only.
Oh yeah that's true lol
kpass3490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpass3490

Oh yeah that's true lol
Not to take this to a nerdy level, but its rather fascinating that even a thin layer of graphite on paper has a measurable depth.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Not to take this to a nerdy level, but its rather fascinating that even a thin layer of graphite on paper has a measurable depth.
Yeah it's pretty wild lol
kpass3490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
What's even worse then a troll is a troll who isn't even a good troll.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Biloxi
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 869
I Honestly... Hate it .... My opnion I hate how it looks ....like its a euro car ._. It needs to stay an American Muscle car.... For me to buy it one day... Engine must be amazing
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
joey18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Corona
Region: California
Posts: 876
If this is it im glad the retro lights were ditched and back to the sn style lights... the retro was getting boring
__________________
joey18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #98
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
<--I just wanted to see that new smiley and one of the 2015 threads seemed like an appropriate spot.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:46 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
Xaperez100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
I'm not sold on the rear pic, I think someone photo shopped it , but I really like the black drawing though. I'm sure they will make it look more mustang
1st ones so ugly... To big and batman looking and looks like it has that ugly 94-98 hood.. The red is actually not bad

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post

I kind of think both of those are pretty awesome IMO. I'd buy it.
Yeah these aren't bad. I wouldn't want much more change than this. It would be to much.
Xaperez100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What you guys think next mod should be? 06Stanger23 2005-2010 Mustang GT 23 12-13-2012 12:07 PM
Do you guys no where i can buy smoked colors tire Get x bxr AmericanMuscle 2 11-01-2012 03:54 PM
BMW Guys & Gals, I Need Your Help. primer2tone General Car Discussion 4 05-15-2012 11:09 PM
Check this out guys!! 99saleen87 General Mustang Discussion 0 08-24-2011 01:19 AM
Hey guys! I'm new to EV! 11CalSpecialGrl New Member Introductions & Greetings 41 07-22-2011 08:35 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:03 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.