Guys (& gals). This is it - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Guys (& gals). This is it

It's a 2 door "fastback" look. The front matches exactly to the spyshots of the mule testing, it's not the Fusion because of the two doors, and the front fender is slightly different. I am very skeptical of everything, but i'm putting my money on this.

mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Looks very nice I would like to see this full scale I would be happy with this design
Old 03-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I might have to buy it!
Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I like it...but I think it still looks a lot like the Fusion in the front, and they got the new Fusion look from the Aston Martin...I think they should stay with the Mustang look, or try something new. Who knows though when it's all over, might come out pretty nice.
sixxerstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
If that's its, I'll take it! It still looks distinctly mustang... Look at how the grille is reminiscent of the 13+... Both upper and lower grilles are.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Where'd these pictures come from?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Looks like a Fusion front end, down to the parking distance sensors?

Ricky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky35 View Post

The grill is slightly different. Also, the fusion has 4 doors, and it isn't a hatchback. (fastback)
They stated the the 15 will have some strong fusion influences, but the lights and front gill are an exact match to the mule front grill.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post
The grill is slightly different. Also, the fusion has 4 doors, and it isn't a hatchback. (fastback)
They stated the the 15 will have some strong fusion influences, but the lights and front gill are an exact match to the mule front grill.
The two clay model pics could be of different cars? The rear one looks like Mustang, the front looks exactly like Fusion (to me).

The grill looks the same to me. Maybe I need glasses
Old 03-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The two clay model pics could be of different cars? The rear one looks like Mustang, the front looks exactly like Fusion (to me).

The grill looks the same to me. Maybe I need glasses
They could be of two different cars, so it's possible. They also had a clay SUV in the room, but the hatchback one is defiantly a mustang.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
It's a 2 door "fastback" look. The front matches exactly to the spyshots of the mule testing, it's not the Fusion because of the two doors, and the front fender is slightly different. I am very skeptical of everything, but i'm putting my money on this.
You can count all the money you want on it. I'm super glad I have my 11 pony and if the new design looks like the picture you just shown me, then my 11 will be the last mustang I own. Ralph!!!!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Three different cars. And the Mustang just looks like a 10-14 to me. Except the front looks off? But it doesn't look finished either. These pics aren't of the completed project so who knows how they come out in the end. Anyone have more photos?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3137989382.jpg
Views:	1533
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	97648   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3112820675.jpg
Views:	861
Size:	474.7 KB
ID:	97649  

Name:	image-3394436536.jpg
Views:	958
Size:	551.5 KB
ID:	97650   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2727972189.jpg
Views:	997
Size:	478.6 KB
ID:	97651  

Name:	image-4102426133.jpg
Views:	2340
Size:	452.7 KB
ID:	97652  
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Old 03-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
Three different cars. And the Mustang just looks like a 10-14 to me. Except the front looks off? But it doesn't look finished either. These pics aren't of the completed project so who knows how they come out in the end. Anyone have more photos?
Look at the upper right pic you posted. Different car. The rear is completely different. It's multiple cars. The pictures you posted also appear to be older. Not taken at the same time.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Look at the upper right pic you posted. Different car. The rear is completely different. It's multiple cars. The pictures you posted also appear to be older. Not taken at the same time.
You need to look at the pics more closely. If you look at the rear end shot of your pic, what do you see in the background in the upper right? Also, notice the watch he is wearing. Now look at my pics. You'll notice the same car in the background. The guy is wearing the same watch. Pics were taken the same time man. It is also the same car as you posted. You can tell by the position of the car in relation to the one in the background. Just imagine switching the camera angles in each of our pics. You can also see the lines on the passenger rear side appear to be the same, from the small amount you can see from my pic anyway.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You need to look at the pics more closely. If you look at the rear end shot of your pic, what do you see in the background in the upper right? Also, notice the watch he is wearing. Now look at my pics. You'll notice the same car in the background. The guy is wearing the same watch. Pics were taken the same time man. It is also the same car as you posted. You can tell by the position of the car in relation to the one in the background. Just imagine switching the camera angles in each of our pics. You can also see the lines on the passenger rear side appear to be the same, from the small amount you can see from my pic anyway.
Man, you're obviously taking a pic I posted way to far. If you have to go that far out of your way to prove yourself, go for it.
*according to my calculations at the appropriate camera angle at 63.2 degrees, with 72 luminous of light, with the shadows going in an eastern direction, while accounting for a .04 degree margin of error. I determine that the pics were taken at the same hour window*
Old 03-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Man, you're obviously taking a pic I posted way to far. If you have to go that far out of your way to prove yourself, go for it.
*according to my calculations at the appropriate camera angle at 63.2 degrees, with 72 luminous of light, with the shadows going in an eastern direction, while accounting for a .04 degree margin of error. I determine that the pics were taken at the same hour window*
LOL, I have to, it's just in my nature now. Do you need more?
Old 03-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Well you pretty much said that this is it, Cyclon37 is just explaining how the pictures are different.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:42 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LOL, I have to, it's just in my nature now. Do you need more?
I can tell it's your nature. I'm just messing with you man, but I am a bit flustered and surprised that you went so far out of your way to try prove me wrong, which you didn't really. All you proved is that there were more clays in the room. The fastback look is still the only car in there that you have not "disproven", also, the front end is not the fusion front end. Do some simple measurements, and you'll see what I mean, but besides that, the fastback clay model is the 15. It'll either replace the Shelby or the Boss, (the sixer, eco, and gt won't look like that).
In the end, my point is that you shouldn't work so hard or try to shove facts and evidence in someone elses face. I may work for Ford you know, and maybe I took all those pics? (I didn't but you get my point right?)
Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

I can tell it's your nature. I'm just messing with you man, but I am a bit flustered and surprised that you went so far out of your way to try prove me wrong, which you didn't really. All you proved is that there were more clays in the room. The fastback look is still the only car in there that you have not "disproven", also, the front end is not the fusion front end. Do some simple measurements, and you'll see what I mean, but besides that, the fastback clay model is the 15. It'll either replace the Shelby or the Boss, (the sixer, eco, and gt won't look like that).
In the end, my point is that you shouldn't work so hard or try to shove facts and evidence in someone elses face. I may work for Ford you know, and maybe I took all those pics? (I didn't but you get my point right?)
Everything you post is to prove or disprove someone wrong. Grow up, anyone can see that there are similarities in both sets of pics.. Had the roles be reversed you'd have blown dude up, and your still talking trying prove 'your right'...
Get over yourself already.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

Everything you post is to prove or disprove someone wrong. Grow up, anyone can see that there are similarities in both sets of pics.. Had the roles be reversed you'd have blown dude up, and your still talking trying prove 'your right'...
+1
Old 03-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #22

Region: Tennessee
I for one can't wait to see what the 2015 mustang has to offer. It would be nice to see a whole new design come out in the next couple of years. Can't take the fighting flash backs to my first marriage. Lmao. Have a good day everyone.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I'm no expert (but I pretend to be one on the internet) the clay front looks the same as the red Fusion. The only thing that looks even the slightest bit different is the upper grill. On the clay model it appears to be maybe a half inch shorter if any.

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow View Post
I'm no expert (but I pretend to be one on the internet) the clay front looks the same as the red Fusion. The only thing that looks even the slightest bit different is the upper grill. On the clay model it appears to be maybe a half inch shorter if any.
Yeah I liked the clay model and thought it could be legit until I saw the side by side comparisons with the Fusion. And the argument Krabz keeps throwing out about the dimensions not matching? Well duh, it's a clay model compared to a production model. I mean, *nothing* ever changes between a concept and a production model, right? Now granted, Ford does have a design language they are spreading to their model range (as exhibited by the 14 Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, Taurus, etc) but we'll see how that applies to the Mustang, but I don't think this is it. (Please note I'm only discussing the front fascia and not touching on the fastback clay)
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Well great..my stalker is back.

Also, when I say different dimensions, the Fusion grill appears to be the same height as the front hood, or even smaller. The clay grill seems to be much bigger. As if the hood is more slanted down, and lower to the ground.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

play nice....

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
play nice....

^

btw. Just looking at the front end, does this look like the Fusion to you? I was basing 90% of my front end assessment off this photo.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

i honestly like the idea of that front...it's like a redone new edge

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
agreed. A few months ago when the car and driver renders were being passed around, I was getting really worried, but based off of more recent evidence, i'm looking forward to it.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Looks nice but unfortunately it's already used on the Fusion. I don't want a Mustang that just looks like it got a Fusion front end grafted onto it.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Looks nice but unfortunately it's already used on the Fusion. I don't want a Mustang that just looks like it got a Fusion front end grafted onto it.
If I want a Fusion front, I'll buy a fusion. The Fusion front is okay for a fusion but certainly not a mustang. With all the beautiful 2015 photoshop mustangs out there that's the best the Ford design team can come up with. Good Grief, I would fire every one. Well, there is always hope for the next generation stang after this new generation. We shall see how well or sells. Maybe I'll pick one up in another 15 years or so. Very pitiful of Ford if this is the case for the next generation stang.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Her you go. @ Deadspot & Cyclone
2015 Ford Mustang Design Prototype Model Leaked [Photo Gallery] - autoevolution
Old 03-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Found more pics!

2015 s550 Mustang Clay Design Model Shows Fastback Shape - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (6th Generation Platform) - Mustang6G.com
Old 03-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Nice find! I am genuinely excited for this car. I just may have to get it.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I don't buy it. An I hope to god it don't look like that.
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang