Emblem holes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Emblem holes

I want to remove my pony emblems but I heard there were too holes to make them straight. I don't plan to replace them with anything. I jus want that clean look. I also heard that the 13s have no holes. can someone help me out?
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
If its like the GT 5.0 badges, its just stuck on there. Take some fishing line behind it and find out.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
why not just replace the whole grill? when i removed mine(granted its a 12) it had the 2 holes and didnt look right. i may have a picture, let me look. is your grill plastic?
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 12:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

okay the uploader is not working but i do have a picture. as soon as it works ill post it on here for you
Old 03-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

here you go! im not sure if you can see it too well but it just looked cheap and tacky IMO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo123.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	97735  
Old 03-23-2013, 12:42 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

well that's good to here! and omg that's a sexy car but I was talking bout the side emblems. ill probably be getting a new grill also tho! thanks for the advice
Old 03-23-2013, 12:44 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
well that's good to here! and omg that's a sexy car but I was talking bout the side emblems. ill probably be getting a new grill also tho! thanks for the advice
haha well then cant help you there! lol and thanks!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I believe there are 2 guide pin holes on the Pony, it is showing 2 different fenders in the parts book for base model and then for Pony Package. It costs $38 to put those holes in
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
I believe there are 2 guide pin holes on the Pony, it is showing 2 different fenders in the parts book for base model and then for Pony Package. It costs $38 to put those holes in
The 5.0 is hole less? So why would they spend money on the little brother v6?
Old 03-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
They should just be stick ons. I've even seen used ons on eBay and the sellers say you need new 3m ds tape. The ones I bought were new and were just stick ons. My old 5.0 badges were also stick ons. Some punk tried to steal them and broke the 0 off In 5.0 and scratched my paint so I had to replace it.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Fact they are stick on all our cars have same fenders and from factory are not determined till motor and trans what they are going to be.....my car is a mca no emblems from factory why would ford take extra time just on my car to have no holes on fenders....i have a 2013 might be different for 11 and 12
rghoover3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
There are holes for the side emblems if the car came with them, and replacement emblems come with them as well.

My 2013 didn't come with any, but I wanted the pony emblems, so I purchased them online and had to cut and sand down the pegs since my car didn't have the holes, since it didn't come with anything

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbdallas View Post
There are holes for the side emblems if the car came with them, and replacement emblems come with them as well.

My 2013 didn't come with any, but I wanted the pony emblems, so I purchased them online and had to cut and sand down the pegs since my car didn't have the holes, since it didn't come with anything
In case it didn't come across, they are stick on emblems, the holes/pegs are for placement and alignment

"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby
kdbdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbdallas View Post

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

In case it didn't come across, they are stick on emblems, the holes/pegs are for placement and alignment
I purchased mine online with no pegs to file off?? As I stated before I also had to replace my 5.0 badge direct from Ford. Stick on only. Interesting.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Like I said, go to Ford parts online and it has a different fender listed for the Pony Package, right about 38 bucks higher, so it must be different, say with 2 holes in it.
AR3Z16006B FO1240282C Front Driver Side Fender New Primered Ford Mustang | eBay
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpow24 View Post
here you go! im not sure if you can see it too well but it just looked cheap and tacky IMO
are those Kaiserslautern tags on your car?
2003 gt, sct custom tuned by VMP, k&n fipk, upr o/r x-pipe, dynomax turbo mufflers, mm c/c plates, mm full length subframe connectors, h&r race springs, bullit rims 18x10 rear 18x9 front, 4.10 gears, 20% tint, 9 inch shorty antenna
edross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by edross View Post

are those Kaiserslautern tags on your car?
Yes they are, you out here as well?
Old 03-24-2013, 05:48 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Yes they are, you out here as well?
not any more, but they were great times
2003 gt, sct custom tuned by VMP, k&n fipk, upr o/r x-pipe, dynomax turbo mufflers, mm c/c plates, mm full length subframe connectors, h&r race springs, bullit rims 18x10 rear 18x9 front, 4.10 gears, 20% tint, 9 inch shorty antenna
edross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by edross View Post

not any more, but they were great times
Yes indeed I used to be out in Mannheim but its closed down so now I'm out here. I love it!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
When I went to take off my side emblems on my 2011, there was two holes. Not sure if the 2013 is any different...

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #20
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Yes indeed I used to be out in Mannheim but its closed down so now I'm out here. I love it!
I worked for Siemens for 28 years as a telecommunications instructor. Used to teach classes at the Mannheim military bases. The one I spent the most time at was at Tayler barracks. I had some great times there during the mid to late 90's. Used to stay at the Central Hotel in Viernheim.

I do miss that area. Beautiful area of Germany.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

so do the 13s have two holes in back of the pony or not?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #22
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Heidleberg here

Spent a few years in and out of Patten barracks. !961 to 1963 then a few times from 63 to 66. Spinally barracks was in Manheim in those days. A Supply depot.

Ronnie

Hey, I know my spelling sucks.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
so do the 13s have two holes in back of the pony or not?
From everything I have seen and heard YES... IF you have an existing emblem from the factory. NO... IF you had no emblem from the factory.

My 2013 had NO holes because it did not have an emblem from the factory
kdbdallas is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang