Tint Question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Tint Question

So when I purchased my 2013 the dealer had tinted the windows, however living in Arizona where our summers get up to 116 I would like a darker tint (yes it is legal here because of the summers. Just can't do the windshield )

If I get it re-tinted do they have to remove the old tint first? (I would think so)
Does/can this hurt the car windows in anyway when they remove it, or having it done a second time?
(I dont know much about tinting expect I need it)

Lastly what have guys found is the relative price range for getting tinted?
(I know it will vary do to location. Just looking for a general price range. ie: what did it cost you to get tinted?)
kdbdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
here in louisville the price depends on who you go too. One of our bigger places is pro-tint and they'll do whatever tint you want (non legal ones paid in cash) and for a s197 it's upward of 175 dollars with a lifetime warranty, windshield strip, etc. Now on the other hand a small shop costs 119 for the whole package with a lifetime warranty.. I'd imagine it would be the same out there. Just call around and get some prices I'd say.

Also removing the old tint and putting new tint on won't hurt the windows at all unless you have some hack doing it!
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
No it won't damage the windows and yes they have to take off the old tint first. Are you planning on getting the whole car tinted or just the front ones? Price depends on we're you're at also, so call around and ask for quotes.
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Tint has to be removed and it won't hurt the windows like the others have said. Anywhere from $100-200 seems about what people pay. I would not pay over $200 for a 2 door car and make sure they are using 3m tint or another reputable tint. I've had cheap tint put on before and it'll fade in no time plus it can scratch easy. 3m has always been very good on my cars.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
Tint has to be removed and it won't hurt the windows like the others have said. Anywhere from $100-200 seems about what people pay. I would not pay over $200 for a 2 door car and make sure they are using 3m tint or another reputable tint. I've had cheap tint put on before and it'll fade in no time plus it can scratch easy. 3m has always been very good on my cars.
+1 on the 3m, used on my last couple of cars and held up great
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
THANKS!
That pricing RANGE is better then what I was thinking.

I want to do everything but the windshield.

Does darker the tint usually go into the price or is material usually material
kdbdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It's usually how many windows you have, the level of tint shouldn't affect price range.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Price honestly depends on where you live, the shop itself, and brand. Better tint cost more. I am really jealous of you guys though. Here in Northern Virginia a tint job will cost anywhere from 200-400. Its almost unheard of to have it done for anything less. Thats from the lower end shops too.
United States Army
armymedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Do you have a Rear window defroster ????

Removing the tint from the back glass that has the wires for a defroster could be a problem. Removing the tint can also mess up those wires and the defroster will not function at all. Ask the person applying the tint if he can remove the stuff without messing up the defrosters wires.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Cost me $219 at a regional chain. 90 minutes to do it.
Armymedic take a trip up i270 or i81. $219 was the highest price I was quoted but the shop had the best reviews. I would not risk saving $ on going to a shop with poor reviews.
Yankytyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
There is a new process out that you can tint your windshield. It's clear.

New clear window tint designed for windshields | azfamily.com Phoenix
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankytyke View Post
Cost me $219 at a regional chain. 90 minutes to do it.
Armymedic take a trip up i270 or i81. $219 was the highest price I was quoted but the shop had the best reviews. I would not risk saving $ on going to a shop with poor reviews.
Yea I did I drove up to pa where I'm originally from and paid $130 cash.
United States Army
armymedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Chive on that's a great picture
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang