the 3.7 engine ugly ?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
the 3.7 engine ugly ??

what u guys think!! does anyone feel like I do about the 3.7 v6 ??I own a 2011 3.7 mustang why couldn't ford have made it so dam ugly compared to the 5.0. I bought the engine cover and strut tower brace the intake plentum is still ugly and a dirt holder with all those braces on the intake is just holds dirt . it should have been made smooth at least. what does anyone else think, is there another intake avail for the 3.7 v6. to dress it up, the engine cover is very exspensive compared the the 5.0. I payed $135 for v6 one the 5.0 is $49. and still the v6 still not that attractive. I would have bought the 5.0 if I coulda afforded it, to those who will say u shoulda bought the v8.
manlaw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Super six motor sports is developing a new ported intake manifold
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Ford did what they had to, to keep cost down. So we could buy a 305hp V6 for $23,000. I do not like the looks of the engine compartment but I do not plan on showing my car on a regular basis. So it really does not matter to much to me.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I actually love how it looks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2657386669.jpg
Views:	1541
Size:	401.5 KB
ID:	98594  
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrbullet2012
Same, I thing it looks quite unique.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrbullet2012 View Post
Pretty <3
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
You can get a conversion kit at American Muscle. It is only $300 and includes 4 rubber bands, one bag of peanuts and a squirrel.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post
Ford did what they had to, to keep cost down. So we could buy a 305hp V6 for $23,000. I do not like the looks of the engine compartment but I do not plan on showing my car on a regular basis. So it really does not matter to much to me.
+1
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
While I agree it would be nice if it was a bit more "even" looking such as a 5.0, I don't think it's bad at all. I think it's fine.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like that man. is that a different engine cover?
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
You can get a conversion kit at American Muscle. It is only $300 and includes 4 rubber bands, one bag of peanuts and a squirrel.
Lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

I like that man. is that a different engine cover?
Na it's just the PP cover. Lol. Found it for 30 bucks from a buddy of mine.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I like the way my engine looks

My next under the hood mod will be the struts to hold up the hood to get rid of the rod. I like my engine and how it looks.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

nothing a some paint and chrome cant fix
Old 03-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

wish the v6 had coil covers like the v8 has, the v8 just a better looking engine my opinion !! and u can do more with the v8 than u can with the v6, even the coil cover come in different colors, plus ive never seen a bolt on blower like the v8 has, so many things can be done with the v8 than the v6, that's my thought which don't count for much most disagree with me. oh well.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

the intake is junk it could have been smooth on the outside so it wont be a dirt catcher.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

the air inake is still ugly and a dirt catcher, my opinion . which don't count for much cause most disagree with me. lol
Old 03-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by manlaw38 View Post
the air inake is still ugly and a dirt catcher, my opinion . which don't count for much cause most disagree with me. lol
Love the look of my Airraid CAI, love the look of the engine. Nothing wrong with it and unless your putting your ride in car shows who the heck is looking at the engine. I got a 305 HP, 14.1 1/4 mile second pony car for 22,500. Who the heck cares what the engine compartment looks like. Lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:19 AM   #17
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
+1

I'll take 305 good Hp over a pretty engine any day. Besides, it is a good looking engine. Plenty of work space to get at the major stuff. Have you peeked under the hoods of other cars lately? No wonder other manufacturers put a huge engine cover over them!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I like the way our engines look after you put the engine cover on.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

The air intake is still ugly and a dirt collector, if they had made it smooth woulda made the engine cover look much better . That air intake is a dirt collector, i bought the same kit . I also wish they made coil covers or atleast made the valve cover in ford blue, to give alittle color, like the v8s and v6s of years ago. They made mustangs look retro why not the engine... Well just my oppinion, i think those who have this engine feel what can u do so u gotta love it or hate it..
Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Yeah its not the most attractive looking engine, but then I close the hood, hit the gas, and forget all about it! Lol
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
The air intake is still ugly and a dirt collector, if they had made it smooth woulda made the engine cover look much better . That air intake is a dirt collector, i bought the same kit . I also wish they made coil covers or atleast made the valve cover in ford blue, to give alittle color, like the v8s and v6s of years ago. They made mustangs look retro why not the engine... Well just my oppinion, i think those who have this engine feel what can u do so u gotta love it or hate it..
If you hate it so much go trade it in for a vtec
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #22
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

I hate it and I'm not saying that because I'm a 5.0 owner......I just don't like.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #23
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
I like to purchase a v6 strut tower brace, i have a paypal account, ive bid on them on ebay around $60 dont go over that for a used one, so the other guy got it at $65, i would like the alum single brace u see on the boss . Hope i put this add on right page my last add asking for a set of pypeboms was removed, i looked on the search for the for sale post page found the page but not the posting button. Hope i did this right never got a responce for the v6 pype bombs. If i have done this wrong please send me the link to the forsale page. Thanks
Yeah, definitely posted in the wrong section. You're looking for this: http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f233/

Also, you should make it a separate thread rather than a post in an existing thread.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I really thought this was the V6 tech forim

I guess I was wrong again, This is the:
Quote:
DDTCM said::: I hate it and I'm not saying that because I'm a 5.0 owner......I just don't like.

I love every single thing about my V6 3.7 Mustang including the engine, I even like the way imy engine looks. I also like GT's , Shelby's, Rousch's, old Mustangs , But I still like my 2012 3.7 the best of them all.

If you have a V8 and don't like the V6 and hate it so much why don't you just go over to the GT forum and start an "I hate V6 Mustangs" post. Doing it on the V6 forum hi-jacking someone else s post is not the way to do it. You are entitled to your opinion but not hi-jacking a V6 post.

Ronnie
Old 04-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I'm very sorry .I'm new to this. I'll try to post in correct post area. I never see the link for posting wanted or for sale I went to search but I see items were for sale but no button to put a wanted or for salsale item,s. It should BE AT TOP LEFT OF TOP.PAGE MINE IS LOCKEd why I cannot seem to post wanted or for sale maybe check this for me thanks so much if u can advise me ; )
Old 04-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

I love every single thing about my V6 3.7 Mustang including the engine, I even like the way imy engine looks. I also like GT's , Shelby's, Rousch's, old Mustangs , But I still like my 2012 3.7 the best of them all.

If you have a V8 and don't like the V6 and hate it so much why don't you just go over to the GT forum and start an "I hate V6 Mustangs" post. Doing it on the V6 forum hi-jacking someone else s post is not the way to do it. You are entitled to your opinion but not hi-jacking a V6 post.

Ronnie
It doesn't look good to me either. The 3.7 definitely needs an aftermarket intake.

Ddtcm stated he doesn't like it and you're trying to make it about hating a v-6 because he owns a 5.0, nowhere did he bash it so stop trying to flame the thread please.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
That looks really good
Old 04-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #28
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Ronnie
Actually.....I was just giving my opinion about the topic. My statement had nothing to do with "Hating" the V6 Mustang or the V6 section. In all the years I have been here you won't find a post or thread anywhere from me bashing the Mustang V6. I gave my opinion about the "looks" of the V6 engine, I don't like it and I think it's ugly....period. It's my "opinion" and was not intended to "Hi-jack" anyone's thread or start a flame war.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #29
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

My apology sir

I over reacted You are right, You have your opinion and all you did was tell it. I took it totally wrong and jumped the gun with my big mouth. Sorry

Ronnie
Old 04-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #30
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
I over reacted You are right, You have your opinion and all you did was tell it. I took it totally wrong and jumped the gun with my big mouth. Sorry

Ronnie
No problem. We all do it from time to time.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #31

Region: Louisiana
Although the 3.7 might be on the homely side, mine looks her best at the gas station. 305 horses coupled with 30mpg is a beautiful thing

best
Tom
Tom Odom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

thanks guys for ur imput I see some hate it some love it, as we all have oppinions and I wasn't trying to start a war of hating v6 mustangs engines. its just ford coulda cheaply did a few things I mentioned like made the valve cover in ford blue or have coil covers in different colors or made the intake more even and not a dirt catcher with all those little squares filling with dust and dirt. I love my car but think the engine is just ugly . I bought what I could afford it took me 40 years to get my first new car im soon to be 54 so u see its not been easy . thanks again for the imput and all ur oppinions
sincerely ryan
Old 04-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thanks guys for ur imput I see some hate it some love it, as we all have oppinions and I wasn't trying to start a war of hating v6 mustangs engines. its just ford coulda cheaply did a few things I mentioned like made the valve cover in ford blue or have coil covers in different colors or made the intake more even and not a dirt catcher with all those little squares filling with dust and dirt. I love my car but think the engine is just ugly . I bought what I could afford it took me 40 years to get my first new car im soon to be 54 so u see its not been easy . thanks again for the imput and all ur oppinions
sincerely ryan
Love the look of my 3.7 engine. Looks great when the intake and hoses are cleaned off and shined with armor all. Love that 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post

No problem. We all do it from time to time.
Hey I live in Austin also. You ever go to cars&coffee or the classic car show at culvers?
mtnbiker92271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker92271 View Post

Hey I live in Austin also. You ever go to cars&coffee or the classic car show at culvers?
I live in austin too.which culvers do they have it at.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang