Flowmaster Force II or Borla S type??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Flowmaster Force II or Borla S type???

Having a hard time deciding which exhaust to purchase. Have any of you heard these in person, and what are your opinions?
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
flow masters are somewhat quiet in my opinion. borla is beast. if you do flows combine it with headers and offroad piping
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post
Having a hard time deciding which exhaust to purchase. Have any of you heard these in person, and what are your opinions?
I have the Flowmaster axle back exhaust Force II system. I love the tone of the system with off road x pipe and headers. I will caution you that the tips come with it are not good in my opinion. They are rolled up at the bottom and did not drain any water so the water pulled inside the tips. The water would get sucked back into the mufflers and would make a horrible crackle , pop sound. Easy fix, I ordered new tips.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The borla is the best muffler you can get period. In terms of everything; quality, sound, construction, and look. I have had roush, straight pipe, magna flow, and the Borlas and heard the frpp and flow master.

The Borla are the best by far. If you want an exhaust you won't ever have to mess with no matter what you add to it (headers or mid pipe) I suggest the s type. Here's a video of my car with em. You need a good audio set up that can reproduce bass to hear how good they sound. The phone can't capture the deepness to well. But you can get an idea at the tone.

http://youtu.be/CGFc3btzVt0
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
The borla is the best muffler you can get period. In terms of everything; quality, sound, construction, and look. I have had roush, straight pipe, magna flow, and the Borlas and heard the frpp and flow master.

The Borla are the best by far. If you want an exhaust you won't ever have to mess with no matter what you add to it (headers or mid pipe) I suggest the s type. Here's a video of my car with em. You need a good audio set up that can reproduce bass to hear how good they sound. The phone can't capture the deepness to well. But you can get an idea at the tone.

Wow that sounds awesome! Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm going with Borla for sure.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee

This man speaks the truth. I have the FRPP sport which are made my borla and they are pure sex to the ears. My buddy has a Roush AB on his 11 V6 and the sound quality difference is night and day. The Borla's pitch is just beautiful music, not too raspy, just perfect. But if you want crazy loud the Borla's/FRPP may not be for you. They are very tamed.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
The borlas sound nice and they work better with a header/xpipe setup than the flows. My friend had those flows II and he's switching them out for Ataks because he daid the flows are not too great with cat-deletes.
Gdocumet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I'm also stuck between JLT CAI and C&L. They both seem to be on the top, but C&L is $110 dollars more for some reason.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang