I need some help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I need some help

When ever I go to Launch my 2013 V6 It won't let me go past 2000 RPMs And makes my launch **** can I Somehow take that off
CodyMustang3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Does it do it as you laugh an the tires break free
03RedfireGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyMustang3.7 View Post
When ever I go to Launch my 2013 V6 It won't let me go past 2000 RPMs And makes my launch **** can I Somehow take that off
This almost sounded like the "MYKEY" feature, that allows you to limit the top speed for a particular key. I did not see in the owners manual though that it works on RPM.
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It's a rev limiter it's the same as the governor, but for the RPM'S. if you get a tuner I believe you can change as well as you can change the governor.
Mattmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmyr View Post
It's a rev limiter it's the same as the governor, but for the RPM'S. if you get a tuner I believe you can change as well as you can change the governor.
Thanks bro
Old 03-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Automatics for the 2013 have a limiter built in from the factory. Can't brake torque them over 2,000 - you can put the pedal to the floor and that is all you can get.

Get a tuner and they can override the brake torque management system. That is why it took them awhile to get tunes out for the 2013 automatic. I was the test mule for Doug at C&L going through about 15 variations looking for the secret - we actually found it one night when he sent me 2 tunes to try out, one was supposed to be the override and the other was a street performance tune. The one that was supposed to override torque management didn't do it - loaded the other tune for the ride home and decided to try to do a burn out and was surprised when they started spinning. He spent the next day going through that tune to determine what the secret was - within 2 weeks all the tuners were able to turn it off. On the Bama tunes that I have the torque management is active still on the street tunes, but turned off in the race tune.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Automatics for the 2013 have a limiter built in from the factory. Can't brake torque them over 2,000 - you can put the pedal to the floor and that is all you can get.

Get a tuner and they can override the brake torque management system. That is why it took them awhile to get tunes out for the 2013 automatic. I was the test mule for Doug at C&L going through about 15 variations looking for the secret - we actually found it one night when he sent me 2 tunes to try out, one was supposed to be the override and the other was a street performance tune. The one that was supposed to override torque management didn't do it - loaded the other tune for the ride home and decided to try to do a burn out and was surprised when they started spinning. He spent the next day going through that tune to determine what the secret was - within 2 weeks all the tuners were able to turn it off. On the Bama tunes that I have the torque management is active still on the street tunes, but turned off in the race tune.
Thanks so what tune do you have exactly
Old 03-29-2013, 05:37 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
I have several tunes - from Bama 87 street, 93 street, and 93 race. From C&L I also have 87 street, 93 performance street, and 93 race. I usually have loaded on my SCT either the Bama or C&L 87 street, the Bama 93 street, and the C&L 93 race. I found that the C&L race gets me better times at the track than the Bama does (I compared them one time, switching them back and forth throughout the day).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
I have several tunes - from Bama 87 street, 93 street, and 93 race. From C&L I also have 87 street, 93 performance street, and 93 race. I usually have loaded on my SCT either the Bama or C&L 87 street, the Bama 93 street, and the C&L 93 race. I found that the C&L race gets me better times at the track than the Bama does (I compared them one time, switching them back and forth throughout the day).
Thanks for the info I'll definitely look at some C&L 93 race Tunes

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang