5.0 Sound Tube On 3.7! - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledeee99 View Post

Thanks lol just letting you guys know they are out there you just gotta find them!

But I do agree most girls don't do ***** to them annnnnd run them into parked cars sooo they do give us a bad name haha
Can you single ladies out there list you love modding mustangs on your online dating profile for all the single enthusiasts out there. Lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #72
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Soon, very soon, threads like this will not be surviving in this section; especially when they turn into dating services.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Can you single ladies out there list you love modding mustangs on your online dating profile for all the single enthusiasts out there. Lmao
If I was single maybe lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Soon, very soon, threads like this will not be surviving in this section; especially when they turn into dating services.
I don't think anyone is trying to date here.... I was just saying girls like to mod their cars too.
Doubledeee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledeee99 View Post

If I was single maybe lol

I don't think anyone is trying to date here.... I was just saying girls like to mod their cars too.
Lmao. Well tell all your mustang modding loving, girlfriends to make it known. Lol.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Lmao. Well tell all your mustang modding loving, girlfriends to make it known. Lol.
The thirst lol :p
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:58 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I hope so. Lol
do it bruh. you literally jizz everytime you floor it.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:56 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

do it bruh. you literally jizz everytime you floor it.
Lol. That's right.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Thats what i did
Hey Charlie, what year is your mustang? I have a 14 and I kinda looked at Bucko's vid. I don't have have any open hole to put the sound pipe there any suggestions?
Old 12-31-2013, 07:16 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post

Hey Charlie, what year is your mustang? I have a 14 and I kinda looked at Bucko's vid. I don't have have any open hole to put the sound pipe there any suggestions?
Well its nit just a open hole lol. Its a black circle piece that u can pierce with a knife or screwdriver. Its on the drivers side firewall.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well its nit just a open hole lol. Its a black circle piece that u can pierce with a knife or screwdriver. Its on the drivers side firewall.
Lol I know what you mean. Yeah there's a little port on far right hand side corner, but it ain't empty. Got some wires going in. I will post a picture soon about what I am talking about lol
Old 01-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Aite so heres what it looks like. The tiny whole you see on top isnt a whole, just wedge/nail thingie to hold the cover together. The other firewall ports are already taken.

I have also posted the pic of my CAI. Isn't that little pipe too small to fit in one big end of a sound pipe?

I'm in die hard trouble brah, need help! Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1388619378773.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	143435  
Old 01-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	1388619436337.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	143437

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 01-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	1388619712367.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	143438
Old 01-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone with any ideas?

Old 01-03-2014, 02:35 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Aite so heres what it looks like. The tiny whole you see on top isnt a whole, just wedge/nail thingie to hold the cover together. The other firewall ports are already taken.

I have also posted the pic of my CAI. Isn't that little pipe too small to fit in one big end of a sound pipe?

I'm in die hard trouble brah, need help! Lol
U have a manual. Unless u make a hole then its a no go sir
Old 01-03-2014, 03:20 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
U have a manual. Unless u make a hole then its a no go sir
Oh crap!! Okay so how deep of a hole are we talking about? And by hole, do you mean the size that could fit in one side of that sound tube? Lol just making sure

Old 01-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh crap!! Okay so how deep of a hole are we talking about? And by hole, do you mean the size that could fit in one side of that sound tube? Lol just making sure

The firewall is thin metal juet use the drll bits to make circle cut outs of sheet metal and measure the diameter of the sound tube end that goes to the cabin n use that size
Old 01-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The firewall is thin metal juet use the drll bits to make circle cut outs of sheet metal and measure the diameter of the sound tube end that goes to the cabin n use that size
Aite, thanks bud. How about the other thats supposed to go on CAI? Since I have a manual and the hole on the air intake tube is pretty tiny to fit in the sound tube, do I have to drill something here as well?

Old 01-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Aite, thanks bud. How about the other thats supposed to go on CAI? Since I have a manual and the hole on the air intake tube is pretty tiny to fit in the sound tube, do I have to drill something here as well?

Mine fit? Do u have a airaid intake?
Old 01-04-2014, 07:52 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Yep it is air raid. I haven't personally tried fitting it up, it just seems the sizes don't what match.

PS: for the hole, just take the thin metal out and insert pipe there, that's it?

Old 01-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep it is air raid. I haven't personally tried fitting it up, it just seems the sizes don't what match.

PS: for the hole, just take the thin metal out and insert pipe there, that's it?

I got mine to fit lol

And are u talking bout the firewall? If so yes, take it out and cut a circular whole from the foam inside and take out all 3 foam piece's from the sound tube for full effect lol
Old 01-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #92
Admin

Supporter
Admin

If the nipple on your CAI is too small in circomference (spelling?), then use a PVC coupler as a sleave. I used a 1/2 inch coupler from Home Depot (where all the sprinkler hardware is sold), cut it in half, slide it into the sound tube, then slide this onto the nipple of the CAI air tube (part that connects the air filter to the throttle body). You may need to open up the inside of the PVC coupler by using a drill bit; I think I filed mine a bit with a round file so that it slide onto the nipple, but was not tight.

The nipple for all 2011 to 2014 3.7 V6's should be the same size in circomference, as this normally has a plastic tube that connects to the passenger side cylinder head cover. As Charlie already mentioned, remove the stock tube from the CAI to cylinder head, and replace the cylinder head covers nipple with a simple breather filter. No harm on this, as this is where the engine draws air INTO the engine at idle to evac the crankcase fumes. Most folks install an oil seperator on the passenger side, but this is not required for installing the sound tube.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

I purchased a GT tube from a member on here and just did the install today! I screwed a 90 pvc fitting into the muffle box just like the video and have both foam plugs removed. I have a manual and the hole in the firewall was already there- so install was easy. I was really hoping that it would bring more sound into the cabin at idle, but there really is no difference heard until I get on the gas. Is this what everyone else is experiencing? Maybe installing the fitting in the muffle box on the air intake quiets this down as apposed to the valve cover fitting- I have the performance pack so it has the foam cover on that side of the engine... so installing a breather is difficult.
Ppkonablue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

OK.. rode around some in the car- it rocks. Love the sound and you can just
"feel" it better now. it's a mod that will be staying. Blowfish bracket just shipped from CJ Pony Parts... so look forward to putting that in.
Ppkonablue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Ya it's a nice sound addition. I love the "beefyness" in the sound. ..much nicer.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:07 AM   #96
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I just read that BMW now has an "electronic" sound in the cabin of some of their sportier electric cars. This sound resembles an throaty exhaust, and is nothing more then a speaker in the cabin that plays this sound when the right pedal is pressed.

Jeez, what engineers will do to sell a car.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:42 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I just read that BMW now has an "electronic" sound in the cabin of some of their sportier electric cars. This sound resembles an throaty exhaust, and is nothing more then a speaker in the cabin that plays this sound when the right pedal is pressed.

Jeez, what engineers will do to sell a car.

I bet it was designed by Vince Vaughn and Kevin James. Lol I think it's weird you pay all that money then get a cheesy speaker exhaust.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:22 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
sorry to revive such an old thread guys, but i recently just bought a sound tube from a member on here, and i'm pumped to install it.

the only video i've seen requires you to drill a hole into that box near the throttle body, but his video is like 480p, blurry as hell, and he didn't take ANY pics and his instructions are pretty basic....he says to just drill a 1 inch hole, then find this 90 degree pvc elbow and put it together.

ok, cool, but then he says that you better seal that hole with the pvc really good bc if not, you'll get unmetered air into the engine which is bad..obviously! my fear here is drilling the hole, and it not sealing that great with epoxy, and the MAF sensor is there too, so who knows if that will screw somethign up too!?

who here has actually done this mod and can give me some advice? the piece will be here next friday, and i was looking for the pvc elbow he was talking about at home depot last night, tohught i found one, but it didn't look exactly like his (then again, his video is blurry so it's hard to see..) and his part number doesn't even come up on Ace hardware's website anymore.

can anyone help? thanks!!
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:28 AM   #99

Region: Michigan
FYI sound tube is a good way to hide tubes from inside cabin straight to the intake.
stewml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewml View Post
FYI sound tube is a good way to hide tubes from inside cabin straight to the intake.
uh..what?
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 04-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #101

Region: Michigan
Hidden Nitrous delevery
stewml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:05 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

ahh i see what you're saying...but no, i'm totally not doing nitrous on my car hahaha just looking to install a sound tube!

does anyone have any good installation info!?>
Old 04-10-2016, 03:13 PM   #103

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Yea man i thought it sounded awesome so i was like **** maybe more ppl should have them. Ill post a pic tomorrow. U can find them on ebay for cheap. Just search Mustang GT Sound Tube.
Hey, new the forums and this thread. All I could find are sound tube delete kits.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Hey, new the forums and this thread. All I could find are sound tube delete kits.
savage_beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:16 PM   #104
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage_beauty View Post

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Yea people usually sell them with the stock intakes on there.

Make a post in the classifieds section of this forum once you have enough posts and ask if anyone would want to part with one. I am sure some of the 5.0 guys will sell you one.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:25 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage_beauty View Post

oxford has a sound tube he told me.....post in classifieds, ill let him know you're looking

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
Yea people usually sell them with the stock intakes on there.

Make a post in the classifieds section of this forum once you have enough posts and ask if anyone would want to part with one. I am sure some of the 5.0 guys will sell you one.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
hey, you ever do this mod?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang