Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Shifter Knob/Bracket on the Way!

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  pwrby4d 
#1 ·
I couldn't stand it. CJ was having a sale on their shifter knobs, so I went ahead and grabbed one in GHIG along with a black shifter boot nut, so it'd have a nice finished appeared. While I was at it, I skipped over to American Muscle to pick up a shifter bracket. I got a regular Barton model, since it was in stock. I've needed a bracket for a while, so it just seemed like a good time.

Also, since I ordered from both companies, we'll see who is quicker at shipping. Muhahaha.:popcorn:

#3 ·
The older one piece design. I really wanted the two piece, but couldn't justify the extra $40. If I ever seriously mod my car I'll probably get a mgw unit. This one is cheap enough I can resale without losing much. However, I'm sick of the factory bracket and need a replacement.

#7 ·
Awesome! The Barton one piece shifter bracket is a great design, you'll love the improved shifter feel you get from this, compared to the stock set up!

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

#8 ·
Well, CJ was faster (they also pay for better tracking services it seems?), both being shipped via USPS. The jam nut is still on back order for a week, but I got my shifter ball. I just used a regular 12x1.25 nut to install it until the other arrives. It's amazing how much better you can feel the shifter actually sliding into gears with it. The factory one must me good at isolating and dampening any feel or vibrations.

Attachments

#10 ·
I guess I can't leave well enough alone... White and GHIG just don't go well together.

Attachments

#12 ·
American Muscle has made me sad. I ordered my Barton shifter bracket Saturday night. Sure, I understand it wouldn't be shipped until Monday. However, it didn't get shipped until Wednesday! Even now, it's still in PA floating around the USPS system. 1-3 day shipping? Guess not.

CJ, which I ordered from during the same hour, shipped on Monday and I got their package here Wednesday, using the same shipping method.

#14 ·
american muscle has made me sad. I ordered my barton shifter bracket saturday night. Sure, i understand it wouldn't be shipped until monday. However, it didn't get shipped until wednesday! Even now, it's still in pa floating around the usps system. 1-3 day shipping? Guess not.

Cj, which i ordered from during the same hour, shipped on monday and i got their package here wednesday, using the same shipping method.
ive noticed that also they say "ships the same day" but out of all the parts ive ordered they have never shipped that day. But that wont stop me from getting my parts from american muscle. They are the best imo.

#13 ·
Sanguin said:
American Muscle has made me sad. I ordered my Barton shifter bracket Saturday night. Sure, I understand it wouldn't be shipped until Monday. However, it didn't get shipped until Wednesday! Even now, it's still in PA floating around the USPS system. 1-3 day shipping? Guess not.

CJ, which I ordered from during the same hour, shipped on Monday and I got their package here Wednesday, using the same shipping method.
Wow that is odd. AM has always shipped me all my products on time. Must be a rare occurrence.

#18 ·
If I painted one, I'd want to put a ton of clear on it, cause it will wear through eventually, nature of the beast I suppose. Yours looks really good though!

Got my bracket on Friday, but was unable to install it (trying to borrow a friend's lift). Might happen Tuesday. Anyway, here's the pics of it from the box...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.