install questions help me? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
install questions help me?

got my lethal x-pipe delete in and cant find any install instrut on it, thought one of u guys be abe to help me.
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Should be pretty straight forward, exhaust is pretty easy. The toughest part is getting the old hardware off as it rusts a lot from heat and water. Get a lot of penetrating spray
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

i see thnks bro have done this mod and if so how long did i take you? do u think the new bbk shorty headers fit after i install these
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13savage6 View Post
i see thnks bro have done this mod and if so how long did i take you? do u think the new bbk shorty headers fit after i install these
Its simple, go under ur car after u lift and put it on stands, spray the **** outta the mid pipe bolts on the midpipe to headers section and mid pipe to OTA Pipes, after 10min of letting them soak just unbolt them with a friend to hold it and it should slide out easy. And yes those "useless" shorties will bolt up fine as replacement eye candy headers. I say useless and eye candy because thats all there good for.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

dam charlie ur mean but any way thanks, i am planning on getting the shorties so i can use them for single or twin turbo set up, so i dont think its gonna be useless in the long run. what do u think.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
dam charlie ur mean but any way thanks, i am planning on getting the shorties so i can use them for single or twin turbo set up, so i dont think its gonna be useless in the long run. what do u think.
Yea unless going Turbo then they are literally only good for eye candy or replacements for cracked headers. I wanna go turbo myself but im waiting on a fellow member to see what final results he gets with his crazy Procharger setup.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Do you plan on getting forged internals too?
Old 03-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

turbo that ish from my understanding u can only go so far with a procharger setup like smaller pulleys and stuff, but wit a turbo setup the possibilities are almost endless, and im keeping my v6.

as far as forged internal and cams, ported heads yes they are a must and will be starting to mod them here pretty soon. ive been calling around and surfing the web, like mmr and super six motersports. any other leads on these type of mods charlie?
Old 03-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
turbo that ish from my understanding u can only go so far with a procharger setup like smaller pulleys and stuff, but wit a turbo setup the possibilities are almost endless, and im keeping my v6.

as far as forged internal and cams, ported heads yes they are a must and will be starting to mod them here pretty soon. ive been calling around and surfing the web, like mmr and super six motersports. any other leads on these type of mods charlie?
For cams a shop here locally has a sister shop that does custom cams thats it besides mmr and super six
Old 03-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

do u think mmr s 3.7 V-6 Forged rotating assembly is really good for up to 1200hp? that would be worth 2000$huh .also how much do think it would cost for install
Old 03-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
do u think mmr s 3.7 V-6 Forged rotating assembly is really good for up to 1200hp? that would be worth 2000$huh .also how much do think it would cost for install
Id get my install free lol but it is a bigger job but i would expect it to be a pretty penny bro. I think the mmr internals could handle 1200 my friend who is twin turbo on his 08 GTCS and is pushing 900 to the wheels has their intake mani and internals .
Old 03-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

how would you get ur install free?
Old 03-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
He gets everything for free !
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

prove it and then ill believe it

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

hey black on black how haerd was ur lethal performance o/r h-pipe install? got any tips?
Old 03-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sponsored by HPS here in El Paso Tx. Me and my Friend Drake are Sponsored. Ill either pay close to nothing or free entirely. Got my gears, DS, LCA, UCA, Panhard bar, Springs. Free lol just have to put a magnetic decal on my car when i run the track.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

He gets everything for free !
Lol i get good deals bro!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

hook it up or else..............jus kiddin.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
prove it and then ill believe it

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

hey black on black how haerd was ur lethal performance o/r h-pipe install? got any tips?
Lol yea prove it and Charlie pretty much summed it up, its a pretty straight forward install, but make sure you shoot the header bolts with some lube. I didn't and had to replace a bolt
Old 03-31-2013, 04:44 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

im gonna go on base and rent a stall with a lift so that should help plus they got every thing i need.

hey charlie you dont have to lie to kick it bro. lmao
Old 03-31-2013, 04:48 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
im gonna go on base and rent a stall with a lift so that should help plus they got every thing i need.

I did mine on jack stands
Old 03-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

did you use abreaker bar and extesions
Old 03-31-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

U have to take a class for the lifts bro my buddy goes there alot. And no need for a breaker bar ur car is fairly new. Spray some liquid wrench n let it soak
Old 03-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

no class needed last time so it should be cool . liquid wrench?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:10 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
no class needed last time so it should be cool . liquid wrench?
They require them here at Ft Bliss :/ and yea go to autozone its called liquid wrench and is 10X better than WD40
Old 03-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

not over here in wa. ft.lewis they asked me if i knew what was doin and sent on my way.just make sure set the lift points, lift 4 feet push down on the car front and back to make sure its stable then lift to desired point then lower till it sits on the locks.i went to wyotech years ago.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
not over here in wa. ft.lewis they asked me if i knew what was doin and sent on my way.just make sure set the lift points, lift 4 feet push down on the car front and back to make sure its stable then lift to desired point then lower till it sits on the locks.i went to wyotech years ago.
Sweet! Over here they have way too much safety policies its lame
Old 03-31-2013, 05:40 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

U have to take a class for the lifts bro my buddy goes there alot. And no need for a breaker bar ur car is fairly new. Spray some liquid wrench n let it soak
+1 no breaker bar needed unless ur a 12 yo
Old 03-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

+1 no breaker bar needed unless ur a 12 yo
LOL^^^
Old 03-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

ok ok what about extensions cuz i just found out that shop on base is closed so i bought a low profile jack and jackstands.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
ok ok what about extensions cuz i just found out that shop on base is closed so i bought a low profile jack and jackstands.
You will need A LOT of extensions or a really long one

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang