Mods to beat wrx stage 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Mods to beat wrx stage 2

My friend just got a wrx and claims its the fastest thing in the world once he will do stage 2 mod stock vs stock I have him a run for his money badly what mods would I have to do to set the score once he gets stage 2 mods to beat him and leave him in the dust?
Mustangmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Please don't turn this thread into street racing or it will be closed.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Please don't turn this thread into street racing or it will be closed.
It's not a racing thread I just wanna know some suggestions to get some more power
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
Do you know the mods done to it?
Old 03-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangmo View Post

Do you know the mods done to it?
I thought it had 3.73's and probably and intake and tune. I saw this video awhile ago but thought I remember seeing that on there. Maybe down in the comments somewhere? :/ Guess it's not too good a reference lol. I'd say it'd be a close race though. Not sure what a "stage 2" does but it'd probably be close. Down to the driver probably. And what year WRX btw? Maybe someone on here has raced them before and can give better insight.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post

I thought it had 3.73's and probably and intake and tune. I saw this video awhile ago but thought I remember seeing that on there. Maybe down in the comments somewhere? :/ Guess it's not too good a reference lol. I'd say it'd be a close race though. Not sure what a "stage 2" does but it'd probably be close. Down to the driver probably. And what year WRX btw? Maybe someone on here has raced them before and can give better insight.
It's a 2012 and he just won't shut up about it calls me out all the time and says he will leave any 5.0 behind once he does stage 2 I doubt it I think stage 2 mods are full exaust intake and tune that ups the boost a lot.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
what mods do u have already?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My friend just got a wrx and claims its the fastest thing in the world once he will do stage 2 mod stock vs stock I have him a run for his money badly what mods would I have to do to set the score once he gets stage 2 mods to beat him and leave him in the dust?
Gears, Headers, xpipe, Driveshaft, intake and MPT tune.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13savage6 View Post
what mods do u have already?
Right now it's just straight stock

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Gears, Headers, xpipe, Driveshaft, intake and MPT tune.
Which do you think is a better tune mpt or bama or steeda tune and most reliable?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Which do you think is a better tune mpt or bama or steeda tune and most reliable?
Start with gears trust me best bang for ur buck
Old 03-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Start with gears trust me best bang for ur buck
Which ones I don't want it to be too aggressive so no 4.10 or higher I was thinking 3.73 or 3.55 which do you think?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

MPT are the most aggressive from what ive seen and purchased. Bamma is a bit more conservative u know. My MPT Tune pulls alot harder than my Bamma. Reliability is about the same for both tho

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote:

Which ones I don't want it to be too aggressive so no 4.10 or higher I was thinking 3.73 or 3.55 which do you think?
3.73's are the best from what everyone says. I had them and wanted more and went 4.10's lol
Old 03-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #14
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Who really cares????

Mustang
WRX """WRX-STI""" much better.

What would "YOU" rather be seen in?

Which would you rather be sitting in your garage so you can get up in the middle of the night to just look at and admire? ( I do mine)

A lot of these import owners are a little (Lot) envious and sorry they bought the wrong car. A mustang has what we call American heritage and it goes all the way back to 1964.

Go to a car show or cruise-in and see the Mustangs, If he can get his WRX in it would not be much of a cruise-in/ show. Street rodders in Florida just don't allow imports unless they are really something very special. Corvettes "Yes" Mustangs "Yes"

Another thing, Just about every town in America has a Mustang club. Not "EVERY TOWN, But 90% of them. How many have an WRX club? I don't think a lot of WRX clubs are out there at all.

You really don't need to do a thing to your car. Just park next to him every place you go.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

the mustang in the video has BBK Longtubes, O/R Xpipe, CAI, Tune, axle-back exhaust, LCA's.... says it about 4 comments down. Im going to say you need a Tune, Longtube headers and X pipe at least. he's going to pull away from you at the end of the 1/4 without the headers i think. If you do gears and tune then you might be able to get away from him in the start but that 4 wheel drive he has gives him the upper hand. Lower control arms help with traction a good bit too
Old 03-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
In a drag race, if he actually launches it, you'll lose. Subarus aren't that face, but they're quick in the sprint cause they're AWD and can launch at high RPM with almost no wheel spin.

I don't see the point in modding to beat just one person. Just run them and enjoy the outcome, mod as you like. Remember though, he paid as much as a GT for an STi which doesnt perform near as good and has less power.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Mustang

Which would you rather be sitting in your garage so you can get up in the middle of the night to just look at and admire? ( I do mine)

A lot of these import owners are a little (Lot) envious and sorry they bought the wrong car. A mustang has what we call American heritage and it goes all the way back to 1964.

Go to a car show or cruise-in and see the Mustangs, If he can get his WRX in it would not be much of a cruise-in/ show. Street rodders in Florida just don't allow imports unless they are really something very special. Corvettes "Yes" Mustangs "Yes"

Another thing, Just about every town in America has a Mustang club. Not "EVERY TOWN, But 90% of them. How many have an WRX club? I don't think a lot of WRX clubs are out there at all.

You really don't need to do a thing to your car. Just park next to him every place you go.

Ronnie
I completely agree with you on that one

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
In a drag race, if he actually launches it, you'll lose. Subarus aren't that face, but they're quick in the sprint cause they're AWD and can launch at high RPM with almost no wheel spin.

I don't see the point in modding to beat just one person. Just run them and enjoy the outcome, mod as you like. Remember though, he paid as much as a GT for an STi which doesnt perform near as good and has less power.
I was gonna mod up regardless but gonna do the mods a bit faster now lol I'm gonna go to the track soon once I get my intake and tune to see what numbers I'm putting up
Old 04-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #18
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Mustang

Ronnie
You hit too close to home Ronnie. My son owns a WRX. Beautiful car. He has poored his heart and sole into it, just like I have on my current Mustang. I feel like I started that spark in my sons love for his car by sharing my time with him and his rides when he first started driving. He now works at a body shop; great painter. Still has the WRX. I enjoy when he and his wife come over and we get to talk about our cars; my Mustang, his WRX. It's a great hobby, and I'm glad I can share it with my son. Nothing wrong with the competition between the makes; that's what makes this a great hobby or sport. But we have a common ground.

He can park his WRX next to my Mustang any time he likes. I'd be proud of that. If I had to choose to park at a Mustang lot at a show, or next to my sons car, you can bet it would be next to my son and his WRX. That bond will never break.

My oppoligies to the OP for taking this thread a bit off subject.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Bucko,

I guess what I really meant was just like you said.:
Quote:
Nothing wrong with the competition between the makes; that's what makes this a great hobby
but a lot of people take it way to far and that takes all of the fun out of it. I personally love the WRX STI and when I hit the lotto I'm gonna buy one as well as a Mini John Cooper Works. A new Corvette too. A very large garage.ETC.

The OP is talking spending thousands of dollars to want to outrun this friend of his. I was just trying to say he did not need to do that. He should only be doing the stuff to his Mustang that he wants to, He should not worry about what car is faster. I'm positive that you are not going to spend money just to womp your son's WRX. Your son is not going to spend a ton of $$$ just to womp you.

A lot of my friends are Street rod owners so I know just what friendly "Ragging"all about. I also have a friend with a 650 HP Mazda RX7 that turned a 10.88 and is a street car. I belong to a Porsche Audi club and a was a member of a Corvette club and I have not seen anyone that really cares who's car was faster or better. Like you and your son, We all love our cars. I just would hate to see the OP spend all of his money on trying to get his 3.7 Mustang to beat that friends WRX. Then if he does beat the WRX all he will ever hear is" Well, He had to rebuild his whole car to beat me" He needs to just enjoy what he has, Mod it to what he wants and don't worry about the WRX.

Ronnie

PS: PM me.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #20
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I agree. However, ther will always be the "competition" factor, as to who's vehicle is better/faster. More with the young then us older folks.

Hopefully they will enjoy the sport, and in the long run, become a group of common enthusists. It's all good. Just keep the racing off the public streets, and keep everyone safe.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
1/4 mile track race? Procharge it. Get a set of bigs and littles. upgrade upper and lower control arms. lose front sway bar. take out all your trunk crap including the spare tire. go to your local track and practice your launch. traction control completely off too. with those mods you should take him by a few and maybe even convert him to look at owning a mustang. lol. most tracks do grudge matches on friday night and it is cheaper.

my kid wants a subie or an evo... subies are a pain in the *** to work on and also have more trouble in the long run so he is looking for an evo now. he still loves mustangs though. its all good. i am glad he has respect for all cars really. if it is bad *** it's bad *** in my opinion.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
"Stage 2" is generally full exhaust (with a down pipe) and a tune with an intake. A 2012 wrx is 280 hp stock I think. hell get to about 330-340 with the mods i listed. it would be a close race. to beat that you would need the equivalent mods and I think you'll have him at the top end if you can get the power down good.
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Stage 2 means nothing. It gives us no idea what he is doing to the car. If probably down pipe and calibration mostly. He will be evil off the line with the awd. Your honestly gonna need a full set of Boltons and an aggressive set of gears. (3.73 minimum) if i were you and I really wanted the guy in the rear view, I'd be looking at a 100 shot of nitrous or a 5.0
Old 04-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
Stage 2 means nothing. It gives us no idea what he is doing to the car. If probably down pipe and calibration mostly. He will be evil off the line with the awd. Your honestly gonna need a full set of Boltons and an aggressive set of gears. (3.73 minimum) if i were you and I really wanted the guy in the rear view, I'd be looking at a 100 shot of nitrous or a 5.0
Ill probably do the gears no way I would do nitrous ill post a link to YouTube after I get my mods and we head to the track won't be for a while though.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
1/4 mile track race? Procharge it. Get a set of bigs and littles. upgrade upper and lower control arms. lose front sway bar. take out all your trunk crap including the spare tire. go to your local track and practice your launch. traction control completely off too. with those mods you should take him by a few and maybe even convert him to look at owning a mustang. lol. most tracks do grudge matches on friday night and it is cheaper.

my kid wants a subie or an evo... subies are a pain in the *** to work on and also have more trouble in the long run so he is looking for an evo now. he still loves mustangs though. its all good. i am glad he has respect for all cars really. if it is bad *** it's bad *** in my opinion.
I probably won't pro charge it lol but defenetily do exaust headers intake gears and tune and hopefully that should suffice evo's and subies are both good cars but you can't go wrong with a stang
Old 04-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

ill be lookin forward to this. I raced a sti at a track.not sure what it had in it but I won. not by much but I won. ran the 1/4 in 13.0. he did it at mid 13s I believe. I don't have full boltons.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
"Stage 2" is generally full exhaust (with a down pipe) and a tune with an intake. A 2012 wrx is 280 hp stock I think. hell get to about 330-340 with the mods i listed. it would be a close race. to beat that you would need the equivalent mods and I think you'll have him at the top end if you can get the power down good.
Hey man I saw your vids on YouTube pretty sweet stang what mods do you have on yours

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
ill be lookin forward to this. I raced a sti at a track.not sure what it had in it but I won. not by much but I won. ran the 1/4 in 13.0. he did it at mid 13s I believe. I don't have full boltons.
Damn that's good numbers
Old 04-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks bro I have a bunch of races up on my Channel. My car has a JLT cai, steeda 91 Octane tune, and Borla s type axlebacks. I also have 3.31 gears and 245/45/18 tires which lower my overall diameter by 1 inch increasing my gearing as well. I have beaten a bunch of cars
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
Thanks bro I have a bunch of races up on my Channel. My car has a JLT cai, steeda 91 Octane tune, and Borla s type axlebacks. I also have 3.31 gears and 245/45/18 tires which lower my overall diameter by 1 inch increasing my gearing as well. I have beaten a bunch of cars
Ya I saw you got a pretty good channel
Old 04-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I guess what I really meant was just like you said.: but a lot of people take it way to far and that takes all of the fun out of it. I personally love the WRX STI and when I hit the lotto I'm gonna buy one as well as a Mini John Cooper Works. A new Corvette too. A very large garage.ETC.

The OP is talking spending thousands of dollars to want to outrun this friend of his. I was just trying to say he did not need to do that. He should only be doing the stuff to his Mustang that he wants to, He should not worry about what car is faster. I'm positive that you are not going to spend money just to womp your son's WRX. Your son is not going to spend a ton of $$$ just to womp you.

A lot of my friends are Street rod owners so I know just what friendly "Ragging"all about. I also have a friend with a 650 HP Mazda RX7 that turned a 10.88 and is a street car. I belong to a Porsche Audi club and a was a member of a Corvette club and I have not seen anyone that really cares who's car was faster or better. Like you and your son, We all love our cars. I just would hate to see the OP spend all of his money on trying to get his 3.7 Mustang to beat that friends WRX. Then if he does beat the WRX all he will ever hear is" Well, He had to rebuild his whole car to beat me" He needs to just enjoy what he has, Mod it to what he wants and don't worry about the WRX.

Ronnie

People on this thread take their mustang too serious? I can't believe that. Lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I guess what I really meant was just like you said.: but a lot of people take it way to far and that takes all of the fun out of it. I personally love the WRX STI and when I hit the lotto I'm gonna buy one as well as a Mini John Cooper Works. A new Corvette too. A very large garage.ETC.

Ronnie

Just wondering but what happens when the 3.7 beats the WRX at the drag strip? Your right. You almost never hear a bunch Corvette club guys worried about beating the Dodge Vipers or Gt500's. There just all enjoying there cars. My father has a Honda Gold wing and is apart of the Gold Wing riders association. You never hear these dudes talking about what do I need to beat the Harley Davidson or Crotch rocket. Unless your a professionally race driver for a living and make money doing so, who really cares if our 3.7 can beat a WRX or any car for that matter.

Make your car fast to satisfy your need for speed and make it fast enough to make you happy. Not to just beat some Camaro or another mustang. Someone always out there has faster, bigger and more bad a$$ than you. If your ride can do the 1/4 mile in 12.5, someone got one that can do it in 12 flat. Its chasing the end of the rainbow syndrome.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

You will take him easily if it is just the wrx, not the Sti
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The fastest car in production is the Bugatti Veyron SuperSport, which can now do 268 mph. It may not be available in UK and Europe/Asia until Christmas/2011.

Tell your friend to put it back in box of Cracker Jacks.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
The fastest car in production is the Bugatti Veyron SuperSport, which can now do 268 mph. It may not be available in UK and Europe/Asia until Christmas/2011.

Yup true but the fastest car period after mods is the Ford GT doing 283 lol
Old 04-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Actually the fastest car in the world currently is the koenigsegg agera r which does 273 mph
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll View Post

Actually the fastest car in the world currently is the koenigsegg agera r which does 273 mph
Wrong! Ford GT is worlds Fastest. Fastest Stock Production car is the Bugatti Veyron SS

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang