BAMA TUNES - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Huntersville
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Well they call my dyno the butt hurt dyno. I put down 293 with 9% loss so I guess I might have been 300 on a mustang dyno. Whatever I have 420 now and its about to be 450ish
Turbocharged?
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post

Turbocharged?
Procharged
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Well they call my dyno the butt hurt dyno. I put down 293 with 9% loss so I guess I might have been 300 on a mustang dyno. Whatever I have 420 now and its about to be 450ish
What's the new gift for that extra 30?
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Huntersville
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Procharged
I'm doing twin turbos. Gonna be sick!
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post

I'm doing twin turbos. Gonna be sick!
Holy **** really? How

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post

What's the new gift for that extra 30?
Last i checked a smaller pulley and water meth kit
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Holy **** really? How

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------



Last i checked a smaller pulley and water meth kit
Yeap smaller pulley and a meth kit. But I'm doing the method first and that should be at least 30. But once I do the pulley hopefully I'll be pushing 500. Then forged internals and cams when I'm out of school
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Huntersville
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Holy **** really? How

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------



Last i checked a smaller pulley and water meth kit
Two turbos running through the same innercooler. Not hard, but expensive. What exactly is a procharger?
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post

Two turbos running through the same innercooler. Not hard, but expensive. What exactly is a procharger?
Its basically a turbo being ran off a belt haha technically they dont call it either a turbo or S/C cuz its a hybrid

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post

Two turbos running through the same innercooler. Not hard, but expensive. What exactly is a procharger?
How will that be mounted, also r u custom making the exhaust manifolds aka headers n all that stuff n the mounting?
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
It is a supercharger its just a centrifugal not a positive displacement blower. It runs off your crank
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
It is a supercharger its just a centrifugal not a positive displacement blower. It runs off your crank
What he said ^^

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
It is a supercharger its just a centrifugal not a positive displacement blower. It runs off your crank
I didnt know the hardcore terminology haha
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Its all good I just figured it out when I was purchasing it and researching lol
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Huntersville
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Its basically a turbo being ran off a belt haha technically they dont call it either a turbo or S/C cuz its a hybrid

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------



How will that be mounted, also r u custom making the exhaust manifolds aka headers n all that stuff n the mounting?
So if you went with a regular turbocharger would it put out more hp than the procharger?
The headers are basically reverse shorties. They stick up instead of down. And yes I'd be customizing the piping. But I am a tech at Precision Tune, so it wont be a problem.
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post

So if you went with a regular turbocharger would it put out more hp than the procharger?
The headers are basically reverse shorties. They stick up instead of down. And yes I'd be customizing the piping. But I am a tech at Precision Tune, so it wont be a problem.
From what ive been seeing from Hellion and CFM their turbo's pull great numbers. Hellion is eh but at only 5 or 8PSI i think they got 425 HP and thats with a stock car. CFM put down much more i believe it was 450-475 not 100% sure tho but thats with stock internals. Im sure if they put forged internals and more mods they can easily do 550
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post

So if you went with a regular turbocharger would it put out more hp than the procharger?
The headers are basically reverse shorties. They stick up instead of down. And yes I'd be customizing the piping. But I am a tech at Precision Tune, so it wont be a problem.
It would depend with my Procharger I'm running 8.5 psi but I have a linear curve of power. With the turbo depending o. The size cfm and hellion are using 67mm which are smaller so they spool fast so you will have more low end with a flatter curve. Its not necessarily faster it just depends where you want the power
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Huntersville
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

From what ive been seeing from Hellion and CFM their turbo's pull great numbers. Hellion is eh but at only 5 or 8PSI i think they got 425 HP and thats with a stock car. CFM put down much more i believe it was 450-475 not 100% sure tho but thats with stock internals. Im sure if they put forged internals and more mods they can easily do 550
Wow. I think 15-20psi would be more ideal. Of course with other mods. Not bad though.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

I have this ricer Dodge Neon at work that I'm determined to embarrass. He has 425rwhp turbocharged. It's the ugliest vehicle I've ever seen lol.
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post

Wow. I think 15-20psi would be more ideal. Of course with other mods. Not bad though.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

I have this ricer Dodge Neon at work that I'm determined to embarrass. He has 425rwhp turbocharged. It's the ugliest vehicle I've ever seen lol.
Upload pics hahaha
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Well you would have to have forced internals and all ARP bolts and headstuds to be running 15 or higher. Our cars are only good to about 12 stock 15 is a death wish. You can't take it now?
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Shack if you have a black 14 sixxer I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Im the only black 14 allowed in this town buddy boy. thanks.
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post
Shack if you have a black 14 sixxer I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Im the only black 14 allowed in this town buddy boy. thanks.
LMFAO!!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

What he said ^^

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------



I didnt know the hardcore terminology haha
Omg its a miracle, he admitted that he didn't know something. That's the key to recovery Charlie
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
So does that mean I'm a therapist? Haha just playing I just learned the difference last week! I feel like we bombard everyone's posts
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
So does that mean I'm a therapist? Haha just playing I just learned the difference last week! I feel like we bombard everyone's posts
That's what we r here for
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Its me you and charlie on everyone's post I think its funny!
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Its me you and charlie on everyone's post I think its funny!
Dude ur right!! Lmfao
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
And its normally off topic but we try to be helpful too haha
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
And its normally off topic but we try to be helpful too haha
Lmfao!! Every 30 posts or so u will get ur help u wanted
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Exactly if someone asks we answer it at least
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Wtf....no love
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
I'm sorry you've been getting on some too! I'll give you props
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
I'm sorry you've been getting on some too! I'll give you props
Thanks, I don't really know ****, and my car is stock.. but my Google skills are off the charts so I can hold my own.
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Hey its alright we've all been there! I still use Google every once in awhile, but it won't be stock long
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Huntersville
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post
Shack if you have a black 14 sixxer I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Im the only black 14 allowed in this town buddy boy. thanks.
Lmao! I have a black 13 sixxer. I haven't seen the 14. Does it look any different?
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post

Thanks, I don't really know ****, and my car is stock.. but my Google skills are off the charts so I can hold my own.
Where do you think Charlie gets his "smarts"
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
13s and 14s are basically the same! Hey Google is everyone's best friend
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Where do you think Charlie gets his "smarts"


---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post

Lmao! I have a black 13 sixxer. I haven't seen the 14. Does it look any different?
The 14 has a cool new font on the gauges
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:10 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.