BAMA TUNES - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #281
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier
Yea there is gonna be an eco boost 4, eco boost 6, 3.7, 5.0, and the gt500
These are all the potentials, only confirmed things are: ecoboost 4 in EU, and no more 5.8. Rumour is that the 5.0 is just getting started-definitely not leaving, but may not be the same as now.

I can find the sources if people want to read more, but this is what has been "confirmed."

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #282
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
No more 5.8?? Are they going 6.2?
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #283
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
Maybe a v12. Oh lord Jesus.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #284
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
I told u it was gna be Europe only at least so far
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:10 AM   #285
Registered Member
Regular

I was told the eco 4 will be here...
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:00 AM   #286
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
I was told the eco 4 will be here...
Clear your inbox
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #287
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Back to the tunes.. I just got my tuner and Im running the 91 octane Race tune. I love it! It could be a little more agressive for me, but my question is.. has anyone else lost MPG with the race tune? Im sure its me just not being able to keep my foot out of it.
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #288
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie12V6 View Post
Back to the tunes.. I just got my tuner and Im running the 91 octane Race tune. I love it! It could be a little more agressive for me, but my question is.. has anyone else lost MPG with the race tune? Im sure its me just not being able to keep my foot out of it.
yes I noticed a 1 mpg loss but nothing bad. the hybrid gave it back to me but I noticed a noticeable negative difference in performance. race is worth it. if u want it more aggressive order another one and ask for the most aggressive throttle responsive race tune they got.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #289
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
yes I noticed a 1 mpg loss but nothing bad. the hybrid gave it back to me but I noticed a noticeable negative difference in performance. race is worth it. if u want it more aggressive order another one and ask for the most aggressive throttle responsive race tune they got.
alright, Ill do that today. Thanks man.
United States Air Force
Old 04-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #290
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

I did that already. I asked for the most aggressive 91 tunes on file and I still got the out of the box tunes. One of the BAMA guys was saying something about data log your car and send it in.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Last I read the eco boost mustang is Europe only?
Ya same here. Eco boost 4 and six in Europe and 3.7 and 5.0 here in the states. Maybe an Eco 6 to sit between the two. Like what the Escape has. A regular 2.5. An Ecoboost 1.6 and an Ecoboost 2.0
Old 04-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #291
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
I did that already. I asked for the most aggressive 91 tunes on file and I still got the out of the box tunes. One of the BAMA guys was saying something about data log your car and send it in.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Ya same here. Eco boost 4 and six in Europe and 3.7 and 5.0 here in the states. Maybe an Eco 6 to sit between the two. Like what the Escape has. A regular 2.5. An Ecoboost 1.6 and an Ecoboost 2.0
I understand that gas is starting to become an issue to some with rising prices, but am I the only one that feels Ford is starting to stray away from the muscle aspect of the mustang? I mean an ecoboost muscle car? People buy mustangs already knowing its a sports car, they dont buy them to try and get 40 MPG.
United States Air Force
Old 04-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #292
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I understand that gas is starting to become an issue.....People buy mustangs already knowing its a sports car, they dont buy them to try and get 40 MPG.
In Europe they do...ppl here just want their cake and eat it too sometimes. Look at the Muscle Car Line up as it is. None have the mpg the Mustang gets. Also there will still be the 5.0 so it will still be a muscle car.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #293
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
In Europe they do...ppl here just want their cake and eat it too sometimes. Look at the Muscle Car Line up as it is. None have the mpg the Mustang gets. Also there will still be the 5.0 so it will still be a muscle car.
Im glad they are keeping the 5.0, Ive heard a bunch of stuff about the new line ups, I guess I'll just do some research on them. I heard they are getting rid of the 302 also?
United States Air Force
Old 04-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #294
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo55 View Post

Clear your inbox
I cleared it
Old 04-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #295
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I say f*** it n jus get a Dyno.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #296
Registered Member
Regular

if you want max power go Dyno
Old 04-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #297
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
I understand that gas is starting to become an issue to some with rising prices, but am I the only one that feels Ford is starting to stray away from the muscle aspect of the mustang? I mean an ecoboost muscle car? People buy mustangs already knowing its a sports car, they dont buy them to try and get 40 MPG.
You're missing two very important things...

-The new mustang will be marketed world wide. MPG is a BIG issue in places that pay way more than we do for gas.

-Ecoboost is a boosted engine. It means it's built to take abuse and I bet money that it will be way easier to get more horsepower from, for cheaper, than the V6. I bet enthusiast that pick the "SVO" option will be outrunning stock 5.0s in no time. Look at the WRX Stis, Evos, SRT4s and how easy they got hp. I'm not sure what to make of it yet, but I'm watching with anticipation, not regret. Boosted vehicles, especially those made with it in mind, are so easy to get power from it's insane.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #298
Registered Member
Regular

Its turbos you can crank up the boost as much as you want. But they are going to build them to be fuel efficient not fast so you will still have to put a lot of money in to make them fast. Trans, axles, forged top end, gears. It is still going going to be expensive
Old 04-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #299
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Its turbos you can crank up the boost as much as you want. But they are going to build them to be fuel efficient not fast so you will still have to put a lot of money in to make them fast. Trans, axles, forged top end, gears. It is still going going to be expensive
Ya but I see his point. I would prefer to have an EcoBoost 6 over the 3.7. Get the sound of the s6 but with just a tune the hp of an 8.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #300
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
You're missing two very important things...

-The new mustang will be marketed world wide. MPG is a BIG issue in places that pay way more than we do for gas.

-Ecoboost is a boosted engine. It means it's built to take abuse and I bet money that it will be way easier to get more horsepower from, for cheaper, than the V6. I bet enthusiast that pick the "SVO" option will be outrunning stock 5.0s in no time. Look at the WRX Stis, Evos, SRT4s and how easy they got hp. I'm not sure what to make of it yet, but I'm watching with anticipation, not regret. Boosted vehicles, especially those made with it in mind, are so easy to get power from it's insane.
I guess i never thought of it in that perspective, I dont know too much about the ecoboost motors, I just figured it was a more economical aspect than anything else. but like clamphier said. They arent going to be built factory for speed, your going to have to do alot more work, not necessarily engine wise, but everything else that would be needed to stabilize as much horsepower as your talking, with EVOs and STIs. I can guarentee that these new ones wont be able to handle it without extensive modifications. And to add onto this, it seems like these newer mustangs are going to be more of a tuner generation that the previous ones.
United States Air Force
Old 04-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #301
Registered Member
Regular

Yea and with the evos if you go over 400 you snap axles almost daily if you launch it. Cars aren't made to handle that kind of HP stock unless they come with that kind of HP stock. Also have you ever heard the ecoboost with a tune and exhaust? Also the eco boost can only push out like 450 on the stock turbos, the are only about the size of your fist. And even to do that you have to have intake, tune, downpipe, exhaust, and different style blow off. Either way its expensive to go fast
Old 04-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #302
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea and with the evos if you go over 400 you snap axles almost daily if you launch it. Cars aren't made to handle that kind of HP stock unless they come with that kind of HP stock. Also have you ever heard the ecoboost with a tune and exhaust? Also the eco boost can only push out like 450 on the stock turbos, the are only about the size of your fist. And even to do that you have to have intake, tune, downpipe, exhaust, and different style blow off. Either way its expensive to go fast
+1
United States Air Force
Old 04-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #303
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
True
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #304
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree but from my perspective I feel 100hp over stock on the new cars won't be as detrimental to the drivetrain/ suspension. 450 off the EcoBoost? That is not bad . To get 400 rwhp out of a 6 would be awesome. I'd be fine slapping on some bolt ons and get a tune and call it a day. I don't feel that the new gens will be any less suspension quality or the like than the current models. Then again it is going to be a whole new breed so we will see.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #305
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I agree but from my perspective I feel 100hp over stock on the new cars won't be as detrimental to the drivetrain/ suspension. 450 off the EcoBoost? That is not bad . To get 400 rwhp out of a 6 would be awesome. I'd be fine slapping on some bolt ons and get a tune and call it a day. I don't feel that the new gens will be any less suspension quality or the like than the current models. Then again it is going to be a whole new breed so we will see.
Well if you want to be fast it will affect it. I have 400 on my v6, but I can go higher with just adding a pulley. The eco boost you have to get all new turbos, all new piping, and a solid tune. The only reason I know this is because a lot of eco boost come through the shop. The way that the turbos come on you would need all the go fast stuff like now drive shaft, lower control arms all the goodies
Old 04-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #306
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well if you want to be fast it will affect it. I have 400 on my v6, but I can go higher with just adding a pulley. The eco boost you have to get all new turbos, all new piping, and a solid tune. The only reason I know this is because a lot of eco boost come through the shop. The way that the turbos come on you would need all the go fast stuff like now drive shaft, lower control arms all the goodies
Sorry I'm havin trouble following you. So to get more power you need to replace the turbos on the Ecos, but to do that you need to replace drive shafts and control arms? Which vehicles are these? Do you feel Ford will cheep out on the Mustangs and build them like a Focus? Also these new models are supposed to be lighter. Not expecting much but at least 200lbs ya?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #307
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sorry I'm havin trouble following you. So to get more power you need to replace the turbos on the Ecos, but to do that you need to replace drive shafts and control arms? Which vehicles are these? Do you feel Ford will cheep out on the Mustangs and build them like a Focus? Also these new models are supposed to be lighter. Not expecting much but at least 200lbs ya?
Sorry I try to short talk things I'm used to working with people in shops with short attention spans lol. The stock turbos will do about 445 on the engine but that's putting them to their limit. Driveshaft because they still are using the dumb 2 pieces and because the power comes in so fast it could cause the drive shaft to break so just safety precaution. Then control arms for traction no necessary but suggested. We've done the Taurus sho and eco boost f150, we've also done the 4 cylinder one in the new focus. What do you mean by cheap out? I wouldn't say 200, maybe 50 I thought they were bigger...
Old 04-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #308
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sorry I try to short talk things I'm used to working with people in shops with short attention spans lol. The stock turbos will do about 445 on the engine but that's putting them to their limit. Driveshaft because they still are using the dumb 2 pieces and because the power comes in so fast it could cause the drive shaft to break so just safety precaution. Then control arms for traction no necessary but suggested. We've done the Taurus sho and eco boost f150, we've also done the 4 cylinder one in the new focus. What do you mean by cheap out? I wouldn't say 200, maybe 50 I thought they were bigger...
Lol i was at work and got a rush of orders so I didn't really read it. Ok ya that makes sense. It's sounds like all the mods we sixers already do anyway. Ya I read they were going to be a bit smaller for the Euro market.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #309
Registered Member
Regular

sorry to go off subject but how many of yall went 3.73 gears?
Old 04-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #310
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
sorry to go off subject but how many of yall went 3.73 gears?
If you want much better low end off the line power and still get 26 mpg highway , then 3:73 gears are the way to go. Spending 600 plus dollars to change 2:73 gears into 3:31 gears is silly in my opinion no matter what driving application you are going with. If that's the case , the person should of just bought the 3:31 gears straight from the factory to begin with . Go 3:73 gears
Old 04-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #311
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
If you want much better low end off the line power and still get 26 mpg highway , then 3:73 gears are the way to go. Spending 600 plus dollars to change 2:73 gears into 3:31 gears is silly in my opinion no matter what application you are going with. If that's the case , the person should of just bought the 3:31 gears straight from the factory to begin with . Go 3:73 gears
im not really worry about gas
Old 04-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #312
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

im not really worry about gas
Me neither. 3:73 all the way.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #313
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How's your top end
Old 04-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #314
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Woruls 3.73 be a pain on long trips?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #315
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If you want much better low end off the line power and still get 26 mpg highway , then 3:73 gears are the way to go. Spending 600 plus dollars to change 2:73 gears into 3:31 gears is silly in my opinion no matter what driving application you are going with. If that's the case , the person should of just bought the 3:31 gears straight from the factory to begin with . Go 3:73 gears
Lol I did that...LMAO! It was free though. Han me down 3:31 off an 07 Shelby and labor. Just paid for the diff fluid. I feel there is still quite a bit of low end with the 3:31s.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1 View Post

Woruls 3.73 be a pain on long trips?
That's what I would think. Constant drone with your rpms always sitting at 2k or above.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang