UPS or USPS? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
UPS or USPS?

When ordering from AM which one do you find quicker? My parts from AM ship UPS and are always quick and on time. What about usps?
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
When ordering from AM which one do you find quicker? My parts from AM ship UPS and are always quick and on time. What about usps?
When they get my order it's to my door in 2 days
With ups I've never asked about USPS didnt know it was an option in general I'm not a fan of the post office
Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
They say 4-6 days for west coast. I'm in Northern California and it usually takes the full 6 days.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
ABSOLUTELY go with UPS if money isn't the issue. UPS will guarantee it will get there on the day it says and you can track it the entire time. I do shipping for my work a ton and we ALWAYS have issues with USPS. Priority *should* be 2 days almost everywhere except a few west coast states from Ohio where it would be 3, and I've had it take 5 days to get to a customer in Ohio before. We have been screwed so many times by saving the customer a few bucks and shipping it USPS to get it there in 2 days instead of UPS and it taking 3-5 days to get there with no explanation of why.

Basically, go UPS lol.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
ABSOLUTELY go with UPS if money isn't the issue. UPS will guarantee it will get there on the day it says and you can track it the entire time. I do shipping for my work a ton and we ALWAYS have issues with USPS. Priority *should* be 2 days almost everywhere except a few west coast states from Ohio where it would be 3, and I've had it take 5 days to get to a customer in Ohio before. We have been screwed so many times by saving the customer a few bucks and shipping it USPS to get it there in 2 days instead of UPS and it taking 3-5 days to get there with no explanation of why.

Basically, go UPS lol.
Well what do you expect from a company that loses money on almost every transaction. I won't go into the economics here, but I have done a good amount of research on it.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I've read quite a few complaints about usps also.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
UPS--Always, If a choice is given.

With UPS you have a way to track the package and know exactly when it will arrive at your front door.

with USPS you can only track it after it is delivered to your front door.

With the Post Office you don't know when it will be delivered plus if getting it sent through the Post office you better prey that the shipper packaged it up real good. I mean "REAL GOOD" They do have a habit of destroying things in shipping.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
UPS is a private company, so you have a good chance of getting your package paid for if they destroy it, USPS is the govt, so if they destroy it, you're pretty much screwed unless you paid extra for insurance.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
UPS. Seems faster and easiest to track than everyone else.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post
UPS is a private company, so you have a good chance of getting your package paid for if they destroy it, USPS is the govt, so if they destroy it, you're pretty much screwed unless you paid extra for insurance.
USPS is actually not the government they're just granted a monopoly by the government. Isn't that nice..

insurance is a must, I didn't buy it once, and whoops we lost your package. Good luck ever getting it back. They offered me a refund on postage, but you'd have to fill out paper work and wait in line.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
USPS insurance is a total scam

You buy the insurance, They lose you package, They destroy your contents.

You better have the original invoice & receipt from when you bought the item.

Then they will tell you it was not packaged correctly or the address label was probably not readable or attached correctly. They try anything and everything to not want to pay a claim.

If you have anything of value at all you just need to use UPS or Fed Ex

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #12
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
You buy the insurance, They lose you package, They destroy your contents.

You better have the original invoice & receipt from when you bought the item.

Then they will tell you it was not packaged correctly or the address label was probably not readable or attached correctly. They try anything and everything to not want to pay a claim.

If you have anything of value at all you just need to use UPS or Fed Ex

Ronnie
Ugh!! Yeah I can see that it kills me. You know if UPS and FedEx treated their customers that way they'd be out of business.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Ugh!! Yeah I can see that it kills me. You know if UPS and FedEx treated their customers that way they'd be out of business.
Post office is broke are they not
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #14
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
Post office is broke are they not
Oh yeah they're broke but congress just keeps putting a bandaid on the problem.

Here's a good article I read in the WSJ a while back.

Gary MacDougal: Junk the Junk Mail Office - WSJ.com
Old 04-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Ordered two things from AM last night, one is UPS, one us usps, I have an eta for UPS and location and still nothing from usps! Surprise surprise!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #16
Road Trip!

Region: New York
I live about 300 miles north of AM... I ordered two items one shipped UPS was here in two days the other shipped USPS arrived in 8 days!!! Anything 1 pound and under is shipped USPS unless you speak with an AM rep. and ask it be delivered UPS. There is no wonder the USPS is in trouble...Pi$$ poor service loses business!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I'm worried now. I had them sent to my buddy in Vermont (free shipping compared to Canada) and ill be there Saturday. I ordered them Monday night and UPS says it will b there Thursday but I'm thinking usps might not make it for Saturday!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
I'm worried now. I had them sent to my buddy in Vermont (free shipping compared to Canada) and ill be there Saturday. I ordered them Monday night and UPS says it will b there Thursday but I'm thinking usps might not make it for Saturday!
I would not count on it. AM shipped mine out by USPS on a monday they received in the Philly hub tuesday but never sent it out until friday three days later. Then it took another 4 days to arrive in my mail box. Maybe you will be lucky. Cross your fingers!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Crap!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

OMG...USPS delivered at 1:45 today and UPS delivered at 5:45. Go figure Usps beat UPS! That must be rare!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I've ordered UPS to have them drop the parcel off at the post office to let USPS finish shipment...

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Did you install your bracket yet? I'll b doing mine on Sunday. Can't wait! Lol
Old 04-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Yep, made a thread about it. It's on and working just like it should!

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Good. : ) Thx!
Old 04-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I work for ups. So I'm pretty much forced to go with them. But I would definitely have my stuff delivered by them. Everything from tracking to claims is SOOOO much easier. USPS is pretty crappy. GO WITH UPS EVERY TIME.
shawn.velez36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang