New Stuff! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
New Stuff!

Finally got some goodies on this past week! 19' staggered AMR charcoal wheels, GT500 spoiler, and a shorty antenna! The spoiler and wheels/tires were obviously from AM, and the antenna was from Ebay.

I got the wheels/tires yesterday afternoon and I opened all of them up and inspected them very closely for shipping damages. Unfortunately one of the back wheels had a very good scuff on the outer edge on it. After a phone call and some Emails to AM, they agreed to send me a new wheel, but I have to go to a tire shop and front the money for them to replace the bad wheel with the good wheel. Once I get time to do that, I send the bad wheel back and they reimburse me the cost.

I'm happy with the shipping time and the cost from AM, but it seems as if their shipping department needs some more bubble wrap or packing instructions as I see this happening a lot with their shipments.

All in all, I'm very excited about the new look of the car and can't wait to spring detail it soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (6).jpg
Views:	269
Size:	403.8 KB
ID:	100555   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).jpg
Views:	341
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	100556  

__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
dlm
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mobley
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 28
Looks good
dlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
maldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 1,563
Awesome look
__________________
2006 Mustang GT Premium RedFire. CAI, SLP Loudmouth, SCT Progammer, 5 speed manual trans. My other car is a CORVETTE!
maldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
David Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,036
Looks great!!!
__________________
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
Thanks, guys!
__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
I've been considering those wheels since I bought my car but had yet to see a kona blue pony pckg same as mine with gt50) wing and pony emblems in sunlight with those wheels...looks incredible! I was considering the brembo pckg take offs but very unsure now after these pics! staggered looks great


Could you post us more pics or a video? There isn't enough on the web of the kona blue v6 with these. I love how they look but for some reason I still like the contrast of a silver wheel and can't decide what I want (for a year now) these seem to fill the wheel wells better than the brembo pckg wheels. Also post a close up pic of your shorty antenna. Sorry for all the demands but we have pretty much the exact same cars...and taste....lol
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Now you need to lower her. Lol
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
I've been considering those wheels since I bought my car but had yet to see a kona blue pony pckg same as mine with gt50) wing and pony emblems in sunlight with those wheels...looks incredible! I was considering the brembo pckg take offs but very unsure now after these pics! staggered looks great

Could you post us more pics or a video? There isn't enough on the web of the kona blue v6 with these. I love how they look but for some reason I still like the contrast of a silver wheel and can't decide what I want (for a year now) these seem to fill the wheel wells better than the brembo pckg wheels. Also post a close up pic of your shorty antenna. Sorry for all the demands but we have pretty much the exact same cars...and taste....lol
Of course. Not a problem! I got a chance to take a couple more for the thread, but I'm going out of town tomorrow and wont be able to get a video posted until Thursday. I'll get to some better pictures and a video as soon as I can for you guys! Honestly, pictures really don't do a justice on how good these rims look on the car. I was on the fence with so may different types of rims because Kona blue is just one of those colors that everything looks good on. Chrome, black, charcoal, gun metal, it all looks decent. I have gotten so many compliments on how good the car looks with the new set up on. I went to the dealer to get a oil change yesterday and everybody came up to me and said how good the car looked. One salesman even asked if it was a Roush. Staggered is really the way to go. It looks so good on our cars it's hard to look at a Mustang or any other newer muscle car with smaller tires.

The shorty antenna should of been stock. I really didn't realize how ugly the stock one looked until I replaced it. There is a couple different ones on Ebay, but I liked how this one sits flush with housing and looks completely stock. Link is below.

Antennax 5" inch Replacement Antenna 2010 thru 2013 Ford Mustang | eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
Now you need to lower her. Lol
I know! Rocking the 4x4 stance in case I want to go mudding. I don't know if I'll get to springs before I trade the car in, we'll see I suppose. Plus, I think the modding has came to a end for awhile, the girlfriend wants a ring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0921.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	101181   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0930.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	101182  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0931.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	101183   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0932.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	820.8 KB
ID:	101184  

__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Sweet I'm gonna order that exact antenna and I hear you on the ring...I proposed to my fiancee 6 months after buying my stang...decided I'd do it before her or her family start asking when I would do it...better to catch everyone off guard!

I still for some reason love the brembo track pack wheels....and I found a guy 3 hours away selling for $1000 with tires...only 600kms on them...considering going next weekend going on a quick 6 hour road trip with my SUV and buying them. By coincidence I sold my ford stock last month and made a $1000 profit!

But then I see your car and am on the fence on what I want nice going lol looks great
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Sweet I'm gonna order that exact antenna and I hear you on the ring...I proposed to my fiancee 6 months after buying my stang...decided I'd do it before her or her family start asking when I would do it...better to catch everyone off guard!

I still for some reason love the brembo track pack wheels....and I found a guy 3 hours away selling for $1000 with tires...only 600kms on them...considering going next weekend going on a quick 6 hour road trip with my SUV and buying them. By coincidence I sold my ford stock last month and made a $1000 profit!

But then I see your car and am on the fence on what I want nice going lol looks great
U can just cut ur antenna lol i did and it looks sleek and stereo works still
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 27
Love those wheels I have that style as well
jimbomustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

U can just cut ur antenna lol i did and it looks sleek and stereo works still
How can I do it? I never even use radio lol do you have a how to thread?
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post

How can I do it? I never even use radio lol do you have a how to thread?
I literally just got pliers and snipped the top part. Lol there will be white stuff aka the antenna inside. Just grab a sharpie and done. Looks factory to me n my buddies. I got the idea from my friend mark who did it to his 5.0
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
I'll just do that and if it doesn't work I'll order the one on eBay. Thx!
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
I'll just do that and if it doesn't work I'll order the one on eBay. Thx!
Yea if anything u can always just get a replacement they are dirt cheap on ebay
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Where's the pics!
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
I don't know if you were talking to me or not, Stig and I apologize for the delay if you were. I've been out of town for awhile on work and away from my girl. I took a couple more this morning with a different shade of light. Any picture I take in the near future, I'll post on this thread to make your decision a little harder...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (15).jpg
Views:	142
Size:	371.7 KB
ID:	104998   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (16).jpg
Views:	149
Size:	716.8 KB
ID:	104999  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (17).jpg
Views:	146
Size:	844.3 KB
ID:	105000   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (18).jpg
Views:	172
Size:	920.1 KB
ID:	105001  

__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Looks great bud
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003 View Post
Looks great bud
Thanks!
__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Love it!
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: miramar
Region: Florida
Posts: 153
Looks good !
dozer 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
cheelyb09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
Finally got some goodies on this past week! 19' staggered AMR charcoal wheels, GT500 spoiler, and a shorty antenna! The spoiler and wheels/tires were obviously from AM, and the antenna was from Ebay.

I got the wheels/tires yesterday afternoon and I opened all of them up and inspected them very closely for shipping damages. Unfortunately one of the back wheels had a very good scuff on the outer edge on it. After a phone call and some Emails to AM, they agreed to send me a new wheel, but I have to go to a tire shop and front the money for them to replace the bad wheel with the good wheel. Once I get time to do that, I send the bad wheel back and they reimburse me the cost.

I'm happy with the shipping time and the cost from AM, but it seems as if their shipping department needs some more bubble wrap or packing instructions as I see this happening a lot with their shipments.

All in all, I'm very excited about the new look of the car and can't wait to spring detail it soon!
Looks good.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:05 AM   #23
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Looks great! You might think of painting the simulated gurney flap on the rear spoiler black to replicate the true GT500 spoiler. On the real ones, there were two replacable flaps for use on different tracks to help on downforce.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:56 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jason127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arkansas City
Region: Kansas
Posts: 56
Looks sweet. I really want those wheels.
Jason127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:16 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.