New Stuff! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
New Stuff!

Finally got some goodies on this past week! 19' staggered AMR charcoal wheels, GT500 spoiler, and a shorty antenna! The spoiler and wheels/tires were obviously from AM, and the antenna was from Ebay.

I got the wheels/tires yesterday afternoon and I opened all of them up and inspected them very closely for shipping damages. Unfortunately one of the back wheels had a very good scuff on the outer edge on it. After a phone call and some Emails to AM, they agreed to send me a new wheel, but I have to go to a tire shop and front the money for them to replace the bad wheel with the good wheel. Once I get time to do that, I send the bad wheel back and they reimburse me the cost.

I'm happy with the shipping time and the cost from AM, but it seems as if their shipping department needs some more bubble wrap or packing instructions as I see this happening a lot with their shipments.

All in all, I'm very excited about the new look of the car and can't wait to spring detail it soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (6).jpg
Views:	269
Size:	403.8 KB
ID:	100555   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).jpg
Views:	341
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	100556  

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
dlm
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Looks good
dlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Awesome look
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Looks great!!!
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, guys!

An outstanding DD
Old 04-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I've been considering those wheels since I bought my car but had yet to see a kona blue pony pckg same as mine with gt50) wing and pony emblems in sunlight with those wheels...looks incredible! I was considering the brembo pckg take offs but very unsure now after these pics! staggered looks great

Could you post us more pics or a video? There isn't enough on the web of the kona blue v6 with these. I love how they look but for some reason I still like the contrast of a silver wheel and can't decide what I want (for a year now) these seem to fill the wheel wells better than the brembo pckg wheels. Also post a close up pic of your shorty antenna. Sorry for all the demands but we have pretty much the exact same cars...and taste....lol
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Now you need to lower her. Lol
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
I've been considering those wheels since I bought my car but had yet to see a kona blue pony pckg same as mine with gt50) wing and pony emblems in sunlight with those wheels...looks incredible! I was considering the brembo pckg take offs but very unsure now after these pics! staggered looks great

Could you post us more pics or a video? There isn't enough on the web of the kona blue v6 with these. I love how they look but for some reason I still like the contrast of a silver wheel and can't decide what I want (for a year now) these seem to fill the wheel wells better than the brembo pckg wheels. Also post a close up pic of your shorty antenna. Sorry for all the demands but we have pretty much the exact same cars...and taste....lol
Of course. Not a problem! I got a chance to take a couple more for the thread, but I'm going out of town tomorrow and wont be able to get a video posted until Thursday. I'll get to some better pictures and a video as soon as I can for you guys! Honestly, pictures really don't do a justice on how good these rims look on the car. I was on the fence with so may different types of rims because Kona blue is just one of those colors that everything looks good on. Chrome, black, charcoal, gun metal, it all looks decent. I have gotten so many compliments on how good the car looks with the new set up on. I went to the dealer to get a oil change yesterday and everybody came up to me and said how good the car looked. One salesman even asked if it was a Roush. Staggered is really the way to go. It looks so good on our cars it's hard to look at a Mustang or any other newer muscle car with smaller tires.

The shorty antenna should of been stock. I really didn't realize how ugly the stock one looked until I replaced it. There is a couple different ones on Ebay, but I liked how this one sits flush with housing and looks completely stock. Link is below.

Antennax 5" inch Replacement Antenna 2010 thru 2013 Ford Mustang | eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
Now you need to lower her. Lol
I know! Rocking the 4x4 stance in case I want to go mudding. I don't know if I'll get to springs before I trade the car in, we'll see I suppose. Plus, I think the modding has came to a end for awhile, the girlfriend wants a ring.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0921.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	101181   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0930.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	101182  

Name:	IMG_0931.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	101183   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0932.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	820.8 KB
ID:	101184  

An outstanding DD
Old 04-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Sweet I'm gonna order that exact antenna and I hear you on the ring...I proposed to my fiancee 6 months after buying my stang...decided I'd do it before her or her family start asking when I would do it...better to catch everyone off guard!

I still for some reason love the brembo track pack wheels....and I found a guy 3 hours away selling for $1000 with tires...only 600kms on them...considering going next weekend going on a quick 6 hour road trip with my SUV and buying them. By coincidence I sold my ford stock last month and made a $1000 profit!

But then I see your car and am on the fence on what I want nice going lol looks great
Old 04-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Sweet I'm gonna order that exact antenna and I hear you on the ring...I proposed to my fiancee 6 months after buying my stang...decided I'd do it before her or her family start asking when I would do it...better to catch everyone off guard!

I still for some reason love the brembo track pack wheels....and I found a guy 3 hours away selling for $1000 with tires...only 600kms on them...considering going next weekend going on a quick 6 hour road trip with my SUV and buying them. By coincidence I sold my ford stock last month and made a $1000 profit!

But then I see your car and am on the fence on what I want nice going lol looks great
U can just cut ur antenna lol i did and it looks sleek and stereo works still
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Love those wheels I have that style as well
jimbomustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

U can just cut ur antenna lol i did and it looks sleek and stereo works still
How can I do it? I never even use radio lol do you have a how to thread?
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How can I do it? I never even use radio lol do you have a how to thread?
I literally just got pliers and snipped the top part. Lol there will be white stuff aka the antenna inside. Just grab a sharpie and done. Looks factory to me n my buddies. I got the idea from my friend mark who did it to his 5.0
Old 04-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I'll just do that and if it doesn't work I'll order the one on eBay. Thx!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll just do that and if it doesn't work I'll order the one on eBay. Thx!
Yea if anything u can always just get a replacement they are dirt cheap on ebay
Old 04-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Where's the pics!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know if you were talking to me or not, Stig and I apologize for the delay if you were. I've been out of town for awhile on work and away from my girl. I took a couple more this morning with a different shade of light. Any picture I take in the near future, I'll post on this thread to make your decision a little harder...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo (15).jpg
Views:	142
Size:	371.7 KB
ID:	104998   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (16).jpg
Views:	149
Size:	716.8 KB
ID:	104999  

Name:	photo (17).jpg
Views:	146
Size:	844.3 KB
ID:	105000   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (18).jpg
Views:	172
Size:	920.1 KB
ID:	105001  

An outstanding DD
Old 04-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Looks great bud
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003 View Post
Looks great bud
Thanks!

An outstanding DD
Old 04-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Love it!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Looks good !
dozer 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
Finally got some goodies on this past week! 19' staggered AMR charcoal wheels, GT500 spoiler, and a shorty antenna! The spoiler and wheels/tires were obviously from AM, and the antenna was from Ebay.

I got the wheels/tires yesterday afternoon and I opened all of them up and inspected them very closely for shipping damages. Unfortunately one of the back wheels had a very good scuff on the outer edge on it. After a phone call and some Emails to AM, they agreed to send me a new wheel, but I have to go to a tire shop and front the money for them to replace the bad wheel with the good wheel. Once I get time to do that, I send the bad wheel back and they reimburse me the cost.

I'm happy with the shipping time and the cost from AM, but it seems as if their shipping department needs some more bubble wrap or packing instructions as I see this happening a lot with their shipments.

All in all, I'm very excited about the new look of the car and can't wait to spring detail it soon!
Looks good.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:05 AM   #23
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Looks great! You might think of painting the simulated gurney flap on the rear spoiler black to replicate the true GT500 spoiler. On the real ones, there were two replacable flaps for use on different tracks to help on downforce.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:56 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Looks sweet. I really want those wheels.
Jason127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang