Magnaflows - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Magnaflows

I was wondering how much it would cost me for put some magnaflows on my Mustang?
And how's the sound?
MustangMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

The axle back?

Well if thats what you are talking about you could do it yourself easily, i got the pypes and installed in an hour. Axle backs are simple to put on and will save you money. But you really want install you might me able to find a place that will for 50-60$.
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Alright man. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I have the Magnaflow streets

All you need to do is jack up the side you are doing first then just pull the stock muffler off. Then put the Magnaflow on.

I used dawn dish washing soap on the hanger rods and that allowed the rods to slip off very easy.

The hardest part on my 2012 was cutting off the small weld tabs that are on the flange when removing the stock mufflers. Some people use a drimil tool. My Brother had a small grinder but I have read on this forum you can knock the tach weld off with a hammer. ( I don't know about this method )

The Magnaflows fit perfect right out of the box. They sound great and look perfect. I really like mine.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #5

Region: Other
Hey guys.. Just got a mustang V6 still all stock.. Any idea to make it louder with stock exhaust?
freysoltani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by freysoltani View Post
Hey guys.. Just got a mustang V6 still all stock.. Any idea to make it louder with stock exhaust?
Just go to a muffler and get straight pipes its really cheap and loud

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
All you need to do is jack up the side you are doing first then just pull the stock muffler off. Then put the Magnaflow on.

I used dawn dish washing soap on the hanger rods and that allowed the rods to slip off very easy.

The hardest part on my 2012 was cutting off the small weld tabs that are on the flange when removing the stock mufflers. Some people use a drimil tool. My Brother had a small grinder but I have read on this forum you can knock the tach weld off with a hammer. ( I don't know about this method )

The Magnaflows fit perfect right out of the box. They sound great and look perfect. I really like mine.

Ronnie
I twisted the muffler and the tabs snapped of lol
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by freysoltani View Post
Remove your catts and add resonators and straight pipes.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Straight pipe leave cats love the sound and did not effect gas nileage
rghoover3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Remove your catts and add resonators and straight pipes.
Whats the price difference going to be (guesstimate) between doing this, or just getting a new exhaust?
kdbdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbdallas View Post

Whats the price difference going to be (guesstimate) between doing this, or just getting a new exhaust?
Most shops will remove ur catts free if u let them keep them if not prolly 50-75 for catts removal. 60 for resonators install. And 80 for straight pipes. So 200-250 for a mean as hell exhaust and if tuned u gain 15-18HP due to catt removal
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

Ronnie
I appreciate it man.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang