Oil pressure or im just paranoid - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Oil pressure or im just paranoid

Took a Sunday cruise on the highway. Passing cars and such at high speeds 00-000 speeds. I dumped it at 000 and it shot to 5k rpm. Woah fast, but I noticed a burning smell. It went away after awhile. Figured it was the clutch cause of the hard drop. Looked up and noticed my oil pressure was on the high side. Been going 00-000 speeds for about an hour just gradual increase and decrease.

I parked for church, then came out. Still high. Ate after church. Still high. Went home, still high. Cranked it to move it around so the neighbors could get out (duplex with U driveway) and it was still high 6 hours later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4220425165.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	376.1 KB
ID:	101294   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3629184929.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	373.3 KB
ID:	101295  

Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Clutch material smells like brakes roasting. Way different from oil, closer to tires. However, these cars spit oil into the intake under hard acceleration, so you might be smelling that too.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Oil pressure looks about where my GT runs at. I don't see anything horribly wrong with that pressure. I use to get that oil blow by smell dumping into the intake until I put a oil catch can on my engine.
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
My 2011 V6 oil pressure is at the same position as your pictures show. Been that way since I bought it with 2K. It now has 43K. I also used the recommended 5W-20 oil.

By the way, why the rush to church? It's my understanding that god is a patient person. He will wait. No reason to put you or others at risk to get to church!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
My 2011 V6 oil pressure is at the same position as your pictures show. Been that way since I bought it with 2K. It now has 43K. I also used the recommended 5W-20 oil.

By the way, why the rush to church? It's my understanding that god is a patient person. He will wait. No reason to put you or others at risk to get to church!
Mine usually runs alot toward the middle more than anywhere near high. Under load it'll jump up some but usually dies down.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post

Wasn't really a rush. I just decided to have fun.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Miles on your vehicle? Mine use to do it when I first got it when the engine would go above 3k oil preasure would go up, these engines burn oil naturally when put into strain.... after a while it should stop. The reason why you smell is probably because you dont have an oil catch can. The oil it burn into the intake for environmental purposes.... when my car had 200 miles I bought the jlt oil catch can and the smell stopped, only at rare times I smell it now and no more oil being burned in my intake
Old 04-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1 View Post
Miles on your vehicle? Mine use to do it when I first got it when the engine would go above 3k oil preasure would go up, these engines burn oil naturally when put into strain.... after a while it should stop. The reason why you smell is probably because you dont have an oil catch can. The oil it burn into the intake for environmental purposes.... when my car had 200 miles I bought the jlt oil catch can and the smell stopped, only at rare times I smell it now and no more oil being burned in my intake
Me and alrefire were discussing this too. I didn't know what an auto clutch smelled like but I knew oil. It was quite oil but that could be why. My miles are pretty high because its used an I've owned it for almost 1 1/2 years. I also just changed my oil and filter 2,000 miles ago.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Eh... You're an auto? You'll never smell an auto clutch burning. You'll cook the transmission before that happens. Most just end up burning the fluid and stop pulling.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You wont smell the clutch of an auto but will smell the oil of the transmission. Youll see smoke as it is put into strain happen to me once when I accidentally drop the d into 2nd on my parents jeep youll see smoke and smell it. But I am sure its the oil being burned into your intake that you smell its normal but with time youll get a lot of gunt in the intake and valves and youll loose performance a long withpg loss thats whybi got my catch can.... dont want to be cleaning my intake
Old 04-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
As others had said my oil pressure is in that exact same spot, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
As others had said my oil pressure is in that exact same spot, I wouldn't worry about it.
Titties! High five! I'm glad I'm not sitting in a time bomb anymore.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang