2012 base model front end sound - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
2012 base model front end sound

I have a 2012 mustang conv. base model and when i go over bumps i hear a clunking/grinding sound in the front end. I just had my front bumper repaired after a minor accident where a kid backed into me. Today was the first time having to hit bumps since i got the car back on friday. Anyone know what it may be???
Mustang Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Possibly control arm bushings. There is a TSB out for it, but they can make a clunk sound and replacement is the cure. Lots of people mention it about going over speed bumps. I've had it happen a couple times when going over them faster than I should.

Otherwise, you just have to check where they made repairs and make sure something isn't rubbing. Might be as simple as a clip came loose and is rubbing on something during big bumps.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Possibly control arm bushings. There is a TSB out for it, but they can make a clunk sound and replacement is the cure. Lots of people mention it about going over speed bumps. I've had it happen a couple times when going over them faster than I should.

Otherwise, you just have to check where they made repairs and make sure something isn't rubbing. Might be as simple as a clip came loose and is rubbing on something during big bumps.
I was think the bushings but, i was also told it could be the actual LCA. I looked at the TSB's and didn't see anything for bushings for the 2012 models. Either way its going into the dealer soon since its still under warranty. Thanks for your help
Mustang Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Its the hydro bushing.... they replace the whole lca because it is attached to it and its faster. I had mine done to. Mine is a 2012 too
Old 04-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Mines a 13. It sounded horrible every time I hit a bump. Front lcas replaced.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Did it clunk prior to the accident? If not, then something is loose. I had the front bumper cover off of my 2011 two weeks ago to install a GT type setup. There isn't much behind the cover that could "clunk". There's a styrofoam type piece that insulates between the metal bumper and the bumper cover; I could not see how that would "clunk".

I'd take it to the shop that did the repair, have the repair tech or body person go for a ride with you and have then check it out. That's of course assuming it did not clunk before the accident.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang