Axle back exhaust help pleaae... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Axle back exhaust help pleaae...

Hey everyone, just wanted a little help on some axle back exhaust. I would like to get flowmaster or magnaflow, I really like how those sound. Does anyone have those? If yes how much did you spend? And was it a big difference In sound and HP?

Thanks for all the help!
B3Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Axle back will give you no hp gains. And i heard flowmasters is quiet.. Go pypes ! Lol
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #3

Lots of sound clips and drive-bys on YouTube if you search for them.
sammm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

And depends with magna flows. I havent heart the comps i want to since theyre muffler deleted like the pypes but 200 more
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruChris View Post
And depends with magna flows. I havent heart the comps i want to since theyre muffler deleted like the pypes but 200 more
U should just sell me ur pypes :p i have some ford racing axlebacks in exchange :p
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

borla bro
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
borla bro
That's my next set!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

ima a fan of s type. I have that headers and carted h pipe. sounds amazing.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
ima a fan of s type. I have that headers and carted h pipe. sounds amazing.
Random question but does it sound awesome without the headers or H-pipe?

The S is on my to-do list but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

um I don't have personal experience without headers n h pipe but I have a friend with a 2011 v6 and it sounds sick especially past 3000 rpm
Old 04-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderfreak145 View Post

Random question but does it sound awesome without the headers or H-pipe?

The S is on my to-do list but I'm not 100% sure.
I have borla s type on my 13 stang and it sounds awesome. No raspiness or droning. Plus the 4 1/2" tips look badass. I dont have headers or h pipe.
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruChris View Post
I have a pair of Magnaflow Competition axle backs. They are louder than any of the youtube videos i've seen. After running them for a couple hundred miles i had to put my Magnaflow Street Series back on. I lost 'low end torque' with the Competitions. I 'guess' not enough back pressure with my long tube headers and catted shorty x-pipe? My low end torque came back when i put the Street Series back on.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys for all the info. I just found the roush axle back exhaust. Any one have that one??
Old 04-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3Mustang View Post
Thanks guys for all the info. I just found the roush axle back exhaust. Any one have that one??
bora s type or atak with h pipe. real muscle car sound in my opinion. rough is a bit raspy
Old 04-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Magnaflow Streets here

American Muscle has them.
They are totaley made of Stainless Steel.
They have excellent looking nice large tips.
They sound perfect and not so loud you can't hear your radio.
they have a nice deep rumble.
No need for resonators because these are not obnoxious and raspy.
No Drone and just a nice sound at 70 MPH ( Only if you tune your ear to hear them)
They fit perfect without a lot of tweeking.

They are a little costly but worth the extra $$$$. You get what you pay for.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

With roush you're looking at a more subtle, to say the least, version of the ataks. I have the square tip roush/diffuser and i wouldn't switch it for anything out there. It has the perfect sound for me. The ataks aren't bad at all so you can't go wrong with either roush or borla. Dronewise they're both relatively the same. Also with the raspiness, when paired up with an OR xpipe/LT headers, these two are going to be equally raspy so you might want to drop in a set of GT resonators to kill that dry sound. Check out YouTube videos to see which one you like best
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130415_171128.png
Views:	154
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	102667  
Gdocumet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

+1 on the Magnaflow 'Street Series'. I think they have the lowest exhaust sound compared to all the others. Just my opinion
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
+1 on the Magnaflow 'Street Series'. I think they have the lowest exhaust sound compared to all the others. Just my opinion
But are they louder than a stock GT?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
But are they louder than a stock GT?
I think so. They did get around 1/4 louder after i installed my headers and catted x-pipe.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I say mags. All other exhausts I've heard are too tin can like and the roush would be nice if they didn't have the annoying popping while costing or decelerating.
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post
I say mags. All other exhausts I've heard are too tin can like and the roush would be nice if they didn't have the annoying popping while costing or decelerating.
They don't decelerate bad. At first I thought they sounded like magnaflows with how deep they are. And most exhaust are chambered or straight through; to get the low tones you gotta get some packing. You can get low now, add a form of mid pipe for the loud. Hence what in going for, low n loud with borla touring and an H pipe uncatted
Old 04-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They don't decelerate bad. At first I thought they sounded like magnaflows with how deep they are. And most exhaust are chambered or straight through; to get the low tones you gotta get some packing. You can get low now, add a form of mid pipe for the loud. Hence what in going for, low n loud with borla touring and an H pipe uncatted
Any luck with AM on the pypes return?
Old 04-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Hey everyone, just wanted a little help on some axle back exhaust. I would like to get flowmaster or magnaflow, I really like how those sound. Does anyone have those? If yes how much did you spend? And was it a big difference In sound and HP?

Thanks for all the help!
I have the Flowmaster axle back force II exhaust system and am real happy with the tone.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

Any luck with AM on the pypes return?
None what so ever. Just cause I started the dang car. But how else will I know of ill be happy. I'm taking the banner off my windshield in protest.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
They get my vote too
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

None what so ever. Just cause I started the dang car. But how else will I know of ill be happy. I'm taking the banner off my windshield in protest.
That sucks! I thought they might be able to do something for you!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:31 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
All I can say is don't get the Pypes...horrible droning. I'm trying to sell mine as I type this. Should have spent more money on a better axel-back.
Jason127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:08 AM   #28
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Get out to some car events in your area. Listen to the exhaust notes on the Mustangs there. Talk to the owners first hand. They will start there Mustangs and let you listen.

Then choose. Listening to youtube clips never do an exhaust note justice. Gotta get out and listen first hand.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #29
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Return used mufflers ?????

Just when I think I have Heard/Seen it all Something new enters the picture.

Why would anyone ever think you could return a set of mufflers after you ran them on your car ????

Even thirty seconds is to long.

You need to post them for sale on this forum or Craigslist. You can't really expect the retailer to take them back and sell them as new.

Ronnie
Old 04-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

Why would anyone ever think you could return a set of mufflers after you ran them on your car ????

You need to post them for sale on this forum or Craigslist. You can't really expect the retailer to take them back and sell them as new.

Ronnie
But no miles on the car, and honestly how are you to know if you like it or not if you don't start it. As we all claim YouTube is borderline pointless. Mine are still brand new, no powder coat scratches or anything. AM told me once you tighten the clamps they are yours.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Quote:

Ronnie
Also I thought AM had an eBay page.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #31
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi White

Now I know you have been around Mod's and cars long enough to know that there are a few things that can not be returned once they have been installed. Spark plugs, Filters, Mufflers, Headers, Tires, oil, just to name a few.

I'm sure you will have no problem at all selling them on E-Bay, craigslist, or our forum.

As good as American Muscle is, I'm sure they would take back the mufflers if you did not install them. It is just something they can't do. I don't think any reputable retailer would even think of reselling the mufflers as new after being installed.

It is just one of the things you will find throughout the years as you mod your car. There will be things you buy and after installing you won't like the looks and want to get something else. Things like this just happen and that is why E-Bay, Craigslist and selling on Forums even exist.

Your car ( BOSS 227 ) looks great with the things you have done to it and is still one of my favorites on this forum.

Ronnie
Old 04-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you all very much, so I did find three Different people that have Mustangs that had exhausts that I like. So I have about $400 to put into an Axle back exhaust, but I found out for $750 I can have a cat back system. So I'm just to put the rest on my credit card as much as I hate to do it but I'll do it. And I decided to go with the FlowMaster cat back American thunder exhaust system. I listen to this in person and it is the best sounding exhaust I've heard from a V6. Now of course I only heard two other ones but from the three the FlowMaster was the best one. Thank you all again for helping me out with this tough decision.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Now I know you have been around Mod's and cars long enough to know that there are a few things that can not be returned once they have been installed. Spark plugs, Filters, Mufflers, Headers, Tires, oil, just to name a few.

I'm sure you will have no problem at all selling them on E-Bay, craigslist, or our forum.

As good as American Muscle is, I'm sure they would take back the mufflers if you did not install them. It is just something they can't do. I don't think any reputable retailer would even think of reselling the mufflers as new after being installed.

It is just one of the things you will find throughout the years as you mod your car. There will be things you buy and after installing you won't like the looks and want to get something else. Things like this just happen and that is why E-Bay, Craigslist and selling on Forums even exist.

Your car ( BOSS 227 ) looks great with the things you have done to it and is still one of my favorites on this forum.

Ronnie
Yeah but I've heard of people returning them after install. And they said AM had an eBay page they sold them on. I just thought that you couldn't tell what they sounded like till key turn.

AM told me that they wil return them of they have been clamped but not starting.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thank you all very much, so I did find three Different people that have Mustangs that had exhausts that I like. So I have about $400 to put into an Axle back exhaust, but I found out for $750 I can have a cat back system. So I'm just to put the rest on my credit card as much as I hate to do it but I'll do it. And I decided to go with the FlowMaster cat back American thunder exhaust system. I listen to this in person and it is the best sounding exhaust I've heard from a V6. Now of course I only heard two other ones but from the three the FlowMaster was the best one. Thank you all again for helping me out with this tough decision.

Have you posted a video yet? I'm curious to hear it.
Stampede305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:13 AM   #35
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I certainly would not pay a "new" price for a part that has already been installed, wether the engine was started or not. If the part was discounted, and still in full working order, then yes, I'd consider buying it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust