1/4 mile times - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:59 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
is it okay to drive with it always on S? lol
Yes you just lower your gas mileage. If I were on the highway I'd move it to drive or manually shift to 6 th once to speed.
That's what I do with my grade assist on my 2012. I just turn it off once I'm ready to use cruise control.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 04:29 AM   #37
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
Not even that, the main thing being his trans manual or auto makes a lot of difference. Then if its a manual, it comes down to driver. That's why I don't respect these ppl that take a auto and race it and then they r like I'm so better than you when all they did is hold it to the floor. <- no skill
Too bad, so sad. You get beat, thats how I see it in my book. Skill is not the factor here; thinking how to beat the apponent is. Should you show up with a standard transmission and get beat by my automatic, don't blame my using an automatic.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #38
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
I know I'm going to get scoulded by the auto guys saying its better than a manual, but an auto takes all of the skill out of racing.
Where did you come up with this? There's a whole lot more to racing on a track then shifting.
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That's how I always get people yo race on the highway drop it to s and it down shifts and revs up and they know the business lol
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Too bad, so sad. You get beat, thats how I see it in my book. Skill is not the factor here; thinking how to beat the apponent is. Should you show up with a standard transmission and get beat by my automatic, don't blame my using an automatic.
Right! Should have gotten an auto! Lmao.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
That's how I always get people yo race on the highway drop it to s and it down shifts and revs up and they know the business lol
+1
Old 06-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Plus there is a lot of people who can't shift for **** and say its not fair you have an auto. Learn how to drive your own car, yes I have an auto but I can drive a manual just don't see the need to own one
Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Automatic mustang.....two words that should never go together IMO. Honestly, who cares which is faster? A standard trans is just soooo soo much funner than a auto, that's all that really matters. You got control over the car, it's just an entirely different feeling. This is just my opinion though, I know some people feel different.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
Automatic mustang.....two words that should never go together IMO. Honestly, who cares which is faster? A standard trans is just soooo soo much funner than a auto, that's all that really matters. You got control over the car, it's just an entirely different feeling. This is just my opinion though, I know some people feel different.
What better way than to control your car with two hands on the steering wheel?
Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao! Who cares which one is faster?? Is that a serious question?? I have fun in my auto all day..not saying mine is dinner than auto but I have fun.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote:
So let me ask u this..u would take a standard civic over an auto mustang?
Old 06-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Yes. I would have more fun in the Civic. Also, I'd take a standard V6 over a auto 5.0. Automatics just aren't for me. I don't even know how to drive one.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #46
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I will only get an auto mustang if it has a gutted interior and 1000hp for pure drag racing. If its legal on the street it will have a manual. That's just me.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I'm ambidextrous. I can drive and have fun with both.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

What better way than to control your car with two hands on the steering wheel?
Does anyone still drive with two hands on the wheel anymore?! Lol
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Auto mustangs are fine especially when you hit the sweet spot and it down shifts beautifully and throws you in your seat! I'm 38 and my 13 is my first ever manual. No matter what my next car ends up being, if I have the choice again I'll choose a manual! It really is so much more fun to drive IMO.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Yea until you miss a shift when your racing or lose in general. Or sit for 2 hours in traffic or have to replace the clutch manuals are super fun hey you guys live your dream but an auto makes my life easier especially as a daily!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Does anyone still drive with two hands on the wheel anymore?! Lol
People that know how to drive do.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea until you miss a shift when your racing or lose in general. Or sit for 2 hours in traffic or have to replace the clutch manuals are super fun hey you guys live your dream but an auto makes my life easier especially as a daily!
Its all personal preference, doesn't bother me one bit to sit in tons of traffic! People that complain about traffic that have a manual should have got an auto period! BTW I owned two auto t-birds, one a 3.8 the other a 5.0. 3.8 governor valve stuck and cost a few bills to repair and the 5.0 tranny blew up.So autos come with there share of issues also!

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

People that know how to drive do.
Lol, the only person that I know that drives with two hands on the wheel is my 70 year old mother and she makes me nervous when ever I'm in the car with her! : p
Old 06-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier
I drive 100% city miles in my 6-speed and have no complaints. The clutch on this car is super light and doesn't wear out your leg.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I drive 100% city miles in my 6-speed and have no complaints. The clutch on this car is super light and doesn't wear out your leg.
+1 And BTW can you name any type or professional racing that drive autos? Anyone??? Oh wait...... Nope! Lol. Don't worry Autos are cool its the emblem on the car that really matters! Now can we bash Cameros or something and not our driving preferrances???
Old 06-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Valid argument, I'm just saying from personal experience I've had a lot better luck with autos. I drove a street car with over 800 horsies with an auto and that's the most fun I've ever had in a car.... 4400 stall absolutely disgusting!

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

+1 And BTW can you name any type or professional racing that drive autos? Anyone??? Oh wait...... Nope! Lol. Don't worry Autos are cool its the emblem on the car that really matters! Now can we bash Cameros or something and not our driving preferrances???
Any drag car that is fast? 8 second gtrs? Just saying... yea slowmaros blow
Old 06-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Valid argument, I'm just saying from personal experience I've had a lot better luck with autos. I drove a street car with over 800 horsies with an auto and that's the most fun I've ever had in a car.... 4400 stall absolutely disgusting!

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Any drag car that is fast? 8 second gtrs? Just saying... yea slowmaros blow
Lol o.k o.k, then at least 90%. Lol. : ). Slowmaros...good one!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

The only things that are manuals are rally cars and NASCAR and that's only because autos would get too hot! But I do enjoy a nice manual, especially if its turbod! Have you never heard that? Lol
Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Yes yes and most other forms of racing like f1 use semi automatics,which in my opinion is best of both worlds. My Mazda 3 had tiptronic which was nice in manual mode but like the newer stangs with auto/manual mode they were a little sluggish shifting through the gears. What ford needs to do is adopt mazdas auto/manual set up with their shifter, get rid of that little button on the side of the shifter and make the shifter the shifter! If you've driven a Mazda before I'm sure you can relate, its a perfect set up, it just needs to be a little quicker shifting but it/ they will get there in time.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

All you have to do is tune in line lock and it will make it less sluggish. I can't do it on mime cause I have that stupid button with the 13. I'm probably gonna put a TCI in it I need to select my gears
Old 06-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Any real bracket racer runs an auto trans, no questions asked. Bracket is all about running consistent times, knowing your car, and out driving the opponent.

You will see very quickly that just about every drag car is running some kind of auto and that you don't stand a chance at winning bracket in a manual. Furthermore, it's allot more than smashing the gas and praying for the same time when your racing bracket.

Take a good look at some real drag cars. You will see lots of autos and some with an auto with a manual valve body... Still an auto

As far as the 2012 auto. It will bounce off red line if in 1 for sure. I have done it by accident once or twice. Try to avoid it. i think 3rd will hang red line but not bounce and will over ride at some point.

Bama can give you a "dyno" tune that will lock 3rd for when your doing dyno pulls.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
Any real bracket racer runs an auto trans, no questions asked. Bracket is all about running consistent times, knowing your car, and out driving the opponent.

You will see very quickly that just about every drag car is running some kind of auto and that you don't stand a chance at winning bracket in a manual. Furthermore, it's allot more than smashing the gas and praying for the same time when your racing bracket.

Take a good look at some real drag cars. You will see lots of autos and some with an auto with a manual valve body... Still an auto

As far as the 2012 auto. It will bounce off red line if in 1 for sure. I have done it by accident once or twice. Try to avoid it. i think 3rd will hang red line but not bounce and will over ride at some point.

Bama can give you a "dyno" tune that will lock 3rd for when your doing dyno pulls.
Absolutely. In just about every class autos are everywhere. My last Mustang was an auto and was built as a strip/street car. This onr I want to eventually autocross and cone sweep hence the manual. Fun cars either way and they both rock.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang