Install Electronics Package separately - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:59 AM   #1

Region: Michigan
Install Electronics Package separately

Hi,
I'm new in this forum.
I just bought a 2014 V6 Premium Mustang without the electronics package, I'm kind of regretting about not getting it in the first place, I just found out it's not only GPS.
I'm wondering can I get it installed in my current Mustang from my dealer?

Thanks
Houranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 04:42 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Stop by and ask. Be prepared for a price quote shock though; It's going to cost a whole bunch more than if you had ordered it from the factory.

Unless you by the parts and install it yourself. Some have gone this route. Me, I just use a Tom-Tom.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
On the other hand, you may spend some big bucks and have a hard time selling it. Especially if a dealer takes it, most used cars are not loaded up.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I looked into this with my 2010 and unless you have a donor car it is very costly, I just waited until I got my 2013 and made sure it came with it.
BTW your radio does have turn by turn navigation as long as your phone is present.
As for the Electronics package just being the GPS, for me that was nice, the dual zone climate control with the electronic temp control is more than worth it for me (no more it is to hot or too cold from the wife), the hard drive is nice also.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:07 AM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I really never did understand the seperate climate control thing. The passenger sets his/her climate to 75 degrees; the driver wants his/her temp at 72....

Both are in the same cabin! One is still going to be too cold or too warm. Warmer air comes out of the vent, so the person that's too warm lowers their temp. The person that's too cold raises their temp.

It seems to be a battle.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:08 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I really never did understand the seperate climate control thing. The passenger sets his/her climate to 75 degrees; the driver wants his/her temp at 72....

Both are in the same cabin! One is still going to be too cold or too warm. Warmer air comes out of the vent, so the person that's too warm lowers their temp. The person that's too cold raises their temp.

It seems to be a battle.
Yeah but how else are you going to create cabin tornadoes?

Old 04-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Like most have said, this won't be a cheap thing to do unfortunately... You can get hands free calling, music hard drive storage, and Nav all from an aftermarket head unit... It's not going to be cheap doing that either I'm afraid, I'm thinking around $300 for the dash kit and another $125 in adaptors and wiring harnesses. Then you need a good radio, probably a touch screen if you want the most features, one that does nav and storage won't be cheap, I would be prepared to spend a grand... So, your looking at roughly 1,200-1,500 if you go that rout.... Unfortunately you won't get dust climate control or the shaker system but you would have a better radio and get some of the features you want. If you can live without Nav & storage then you could do it for around $700 I think
Old 04-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post

It seems to be a battle.
Since the air is always moving, it is blowing out at the set temp. My feet no longer are in the fridge.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
Like most have said, this won't be a cheap thing to do unfortunately... You can get hands free calling, music hard drive storage, and Nav all from an aftermarket head unit... It's not going to be cheap doing that either I'm afraid, I'm thinking around $300 for the dash kit and another $125 in adaptors and wiring harnesses. Then you need a good radio, probably a touch screen if you want the most features, one that does nav and storage won't be cheap, I would be prepared to spend a grand... So, your looking at roughly 1,200-1,500 if you go that rout.... Unfortunately you won't get dust climate control or the shaker system but you would have a better radio and get some of the features you want. If you can live without Nav & storage then you could do it for around $700 I think
If u get the schoche kit u can get it all done for about 800 but that's not including upgrading your front and rear speakers and amps and subs and all. If u want to do it all look forward to spending 1300
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
If u get the schoche kit u can get it all done for about 800 but that's not including upgrading your front and rear speakers and amps and subs and all. If u want to do it all look forward to spending 1300
Im @#$%&*, gone are the days where I could get a deck and install for $250
ricbjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricbjj View Post

Im @#$%&*, gone are the days where I could get a deck and install for $250
Hahahahaha with all this new technology everything is stuck together so if u want to change one thingy gotta change it all
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

That's because car manufacturers save money and think it looks better with the controls all mounted in one dash piece. If you take the factory radio out you will see that it's just a box with a cd slot and the controls are connected through wiring harnesses. So they can put the same radio in a bunch of cars and configure the buttons however they need to and just hook up the wiring harness as needed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang