FRPP Sport or Borla Touring? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #1

Region: Delaware
FRPP Sport or Borla Touring?

Well, they are both fairly close to what I'm looking for, and I don't mind paying the extra $10 for the Borla. I kind of like the 1" bigger tips on it. Anyone who has personal experience with either can chime in, but I have serious auto knowledge so don't need no think they know it alls posting. thanks... lol
jspeed82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
The extra 10$ is worth the bigger tips any day! I say borla. My next set of axel backs will be ataks! Just so much $!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #3

yeah i'm leaning towards the borlas, better look on the 2013 rear lower bumper, plus just a tad bit more growl. i love the ataks, but they are too loud for my needs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeed82 View Post
yeah i'm leaning towards the borlas, better look on the 2013 rear lower bumper, plus just a tad bit more growl. i love the ataks, but they are too loud for my needs.
Why not the S-Type. It kinda gives you the best of both worlds when it comes to Borla exhaust
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
borla s type with h pipe is sick. js
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I've got 4 inch with the pipes. Trust me. They are huge! But I wanted straight trough. I like the ford racing better as far as sound. But the borla, oh God they are deep
Old 04-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

That's only 1/2 bigger than stock. I find 4.5- 5" fill out the cut outs nicely. I thought that when I pulled the 4.5" roush out of the box, but once they were on I thought 5" would have been perfect.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I have the ford racing and I am in love with it; however, you can never go wrong with borla. What kind of sound are you trying to achieve?
NelsonQuezadaJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonQuezadaJr View Post
I have the ford racing and I am in love with it; however, you can never go wrong with borla. What kind of sound are you trying to achieve?
+1 on the Ford racing. +1 on the borla also.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I have these. Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust. They Growl when started up. Once you get down the road, inside noise level is really low.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I have ford racing sport axle backs, they are Borla Stingers and even had a Borla hat in the Ford Box. Ford Touring (CA legal) is Borla Touring. I have large tips that say Ford on them instead of Borla.

They are nice and loud and not as bad noise wise as the ATAKs I was thinking about. You can't go by posted videos, they don't sound like in person ever.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
I have ford racing sport axle backs, they are Borla Stingers and even had a Borla hat in the Ford Box. Ford Touring (CA legal) is Borla Touring. I have large tips that say Ford on them instead of Borla.

They are nice and loud and not as bad noise wise as the ATAKs I was thinking about. You can't go by posted videos, they don't sound like in person ever.
Yeah Borla makes Ford Racing's exhaust!
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post

Yeah Borla makes Ford Racing's exhaust!
Oh forreal? So technically I have a set of stingers?
NelsonQuezadaJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonQuezadaJr View Post

Oh forreal? So technically I have a set of stingers?
Yeah Ford Racing Sports= Borla S-Type and Ford Racing Touring= Borla Touring
Old 04-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang

Yeah Ford Racing Sports= Borla S-Type and Ford Racing Touring= Borla Touring
Borla-S type is different then the FRPP sports. Not sure what is different but they are. But yes. Borla makes them for Ford.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Borla-S type is different then the FRPP sports. Not sure what is different but they are. But yes. Borla makes them for Ford.
Nah they really are the same man, just different tips
Old 04-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
They are not the same. The Borla stingers are straight through and the FRPP are chambered mufflers.

The FRPP are made by Borla an are similar to the stingers, but they are not just a rebrande stinger muffler.

I've hear both in real life. The Borla S Type is louder when WOT because of the straight through design
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee
They are not the same. The Borla stingers are straight through and the FRPP are chambered mufflers.

The FRPP are made by Borla an are similar to the stingers, but they are not just a rebrande stinger muffler.

I've hear both in real life. The Borla S Type is louder when WOT because of the straight through design
Yep, that's it. Couldn't think earlier, just woke up.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:18 AM   #19

thanks for all the responses, heard a 2013 v6 like mine the other day and he had the basanii axle backs and they were awesome sounding, not bad when daily driving, but get on it and wow, no ricy sound at all, just mean, deep anger is the best way to describe it. no i'm thinking the chambered design of the touring and the frpp sports are gonna not be enough for me, even though i don't want loud raspy sounding exhaust, i want something with some balls if you know what i mean.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeed82 View Post
thanks for all the responses, heard a 2013 v6 like mine the other day and he had the basanii axle backs and they were awesome sounding, not bad when daily driving, but get on it and wow, no ricy sound at all, just mean, deep anger is the best way to describe it. no i'm thinking the chambered design of the touring and the frpp sports are gonna not be enough for me, even though i don't want loud raspy sounding exhaust, i want something with some balls if you know what i mean.
You'll have to do a mid pipe and some sort of headers. That's what I'm having to do
Old 04-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #21

do you have the Bassani axel backs? i'm not doing headers or mid pipe due to not wanting to mess with the exhaust warranty, ford told me if something happens with the exhaust or o2 sensors, and you have anything other than axle backs, they won't allow the fix under warranty, and since i am paying for an extended warranty, i'd rather not throw that money away.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:28 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Did frpp change to straight through?
Thats how americanmuscle describes them...I read on all threads that they're supposed to be chambered...confusing
I want something louder than tourings but not as loud as s-types to go with shorties...
Not easy to find an auto show here in PR where I can hear them so I need to take a decision based on what I read and see/"listen" on youtube...

Ford Performance Sport Mustang Axle-Back M-5230-MV6LA (11-14 V6) - Free Shipping
Old 05-20-2017, 04:57 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
The frpp sport and borla s type have a very similar sound. I think the frpp tourings are a bit louder than their borla counterparts. All made by borla btw.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:19 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonyxz View Post
Did frpp change to straight through?
Thats how americanmuscle describes them...I read on all threads that they're supposed to be chambered...confusing
I want something louder than tourings but not as loud as s-types to go with shorties...
Not easy to find an auto show here in PR where I can hear them so I need to take a decision based on what I read and see/"listen" on youtube...

Ford Performance Sport Mustang Axle-Back M-5230-MV6LA (11-14 V6) - Free Shipping
The Touring with the Shorties sound deeper than the S Type. That is what I have on mine.
I also believe just the Ford racing Touring are chambered, that is how they are 50 state legal
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:56 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
The frpp sport and borla s type have a very similar sound. I think the frpp tourings are a bit louder than their borla counterparts. All made by borla btw.

I read that frpp sport are deeper than stype while stype are a little louder, is that right?
Old 05-21-2017, 06:58 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
The Touring with the Shorties sound deeper than the S Type. That is what I have on mine.
I also believe just the Ford racing Touring are chambered, that is how they are 50 state legal
I have listened to your video and your touring crackle and have higher volume thanks to the xpipe.

I'd like to keep the stock mid pipe. I'm going after the deepest rumple without being obnoxious and avoiding pops as much as possible. That's why I was thinking of shorties & frpp sport.

Very hard to choose without being able to personally hear them...
Old 05-21-2017, 07:52 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have listened to your video and your touring crackle and have higher volume thanks to the xpipe.

I'd like to keep the stock mid pipe. I'm going after the deepest rumple without being obnoxious and avoiding pops as much as possible. That's why I was thinking of shorties & frpp sport.

Very hard to choose without being able to personally hear them...
The cackle is there already, you just get it more noticeable with a louder free flowing set up. The true x just smoothed out the sound and gave a bit more low end torque. Most of the stock x is there still.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:07 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The cackle is there already, you just get it more noticeable with a louder free flowing set up. The true x just smoothed out the sound and gave a bit more low end torque. Most of the stock x is there still.
But the X did it more raspy right?
Old 05-21-2017, 08:20 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
But the X did it more raspy right?
No Rasp. The Rasp that everyone seems to blame on the X Pipe comes from the so called Hi Flow cats and no Resonators on changing the whole mid pipe. My Set up has no Rasp at all.
Disregard the wind noise
https://youtu.be/x7cLifJw6AY
Old 05-21-2017, 06:03 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No Rasp. The Rasp that everyone seems to blame on the X Pipe comes from the so called Hi Flow cats and no Resonators on changing the whole mid pipe. My Set up has no Rasp at all.
Disregard the wind noise
https://youtu.be/x7cLifJw6AY
You got a nice setup...I'm now narrowing down my research to:

1-Frpp xpipe + touring/gt500 abs + shorties

2-Frpp sport + shorties

Wish I could hear both setups in person...
Old 05-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

The GT500's are a bit quieter than the Touring and I have not heard the Sports with shorty headers
Old 05-21-2017, 09:04 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I wanna do what siber did. I have touring.. not sure about x pipe, but i wonder what it would sound like touring + shorties
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:26 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I'm planning on the ATAKs soon myself. I haven't heard the FFRP in person yet so I'll have to find someone close that has them. As far as noise, I never complain about the sweet music coming from the exhaust....just my opinion
DLeader17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:35 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
I wanna do what siber did. I have touring.. not sure about x pipe, but i wonder what it would sound like touring + shorties
I know the Video does not do it justice but I have gotten a lot of compliments on it.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:53 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeader17 View Post
I'm planning on the ATAKs soon myself. I haven't heard the FFRP in person yet so I'll have to find someone close that has them. As far as noise, I never complain about the sweet music coming from the exhaust....just my opinion
I'm selling a set of ataks just FYI if youre interested... PM me!
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang