When do they stop letting you order the current year's model? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #1

Region: Massachusetts
When do they stop letting you order the current year's model?

Ive been browsing around here for the past month or so because ive been saving up for a new car and got my eye on the 2014 mustangs. Ive always wanted one ever since i was little, and now that i got a good paying job i can finally save up to get what i want. This is pretty much what im going for a V6 Premium, Automatic, Sterling Gray, black interior, MCA package, Performance Package and a Glass Roof. Maybe a nav/back up camera but not 100% sure yet. Depends on how much i can get knocked off. Im 22 and this will be my first new car purchase and its going to be my daily driver. Ive been saving up to throw a good chunk down to keep my monthly payments low. The only issue is that im probably most likely going to have to order it from the factory since it seems like its going to be a hard combo to find on a lot somewhere. Plus i dont want to sacrifice anything, and want to know i got exactly what i wanted when i drive off the lot. It seems like the dealerships around my area barely have any mustangs on the lot to begin with so thats probably not a good sign. Now whats kind of throwing my off is the new 2015 mustang, i want to wait and see what it has to offer, to see if i like it more and to save up as much cash as i can in the mean time. Id hate to fall in love with the 15's after i spent all this money on a 14 since i plan on keeping it for a while. But i dont want to miss out on a 14 model, incase i dont like it as much. Anyone got any idea roughly on when they stop putting in factory orders when a new model year comes out? Just to kind of get an idea of how long i get to save up and get as much info on the 15's as i can. I just want to make sure mines in before they start building the 15 models. Also do you think most of the details are going to be released on the 15 by the time that deal line hits for the 14's?. I honeslty have no clue on how it all works with previous generations/years since this is the first time ive been serious about buying one. I tried googling it but im getting all different cut off dates. So hopefully one of you have been in the same situation and got an idea on how its worked in the past. Thanks.
Neal0790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
They just started producing the 14s, i believe they should showcase the 2015 within the next few months, by that time they definetly will still be producing the 14s. So you should have plenty of time from when they showcase the 15 to when it actually goes into production.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
November is when they closed 2013MY production I believe. However, there is rumor that 2014 production will be even shorter so they can start 2015 change over and production. So... better sooner than later if you want a 14. Plan to order a '14 around Sept/Oct at the latest.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
IMO, Just get the 14.
I am biased on what you want though.
Sorry, winter wheels

Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #5

Thanks for the responses guys. Looks like I still got some time to save up and see what 2015 has to offer. Those pics look great. I originally saw a sterling Grey Mustang in this thread Some Pics of the Sterling Grey and fell in love with it.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

My car in that thread also
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #7

I just took a look at your photo bucket link and didn't even realize that was your car. Looks beautiful you got the same taste as me.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

If you don't mind me asking did you custom order it or find it on a lot? How much did u end up paying for it?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal0790 View Post
I just took a look at your photo bucket link and didn't even realize that was your car. Looks beautiful you got the same taste as me.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

If you don't mind me asking did you custom order it or find it on a lot? How much did u end up paying for it?
I actually found it on a lot, only thing it did not have was the rear camera. I put that on already, just need to make the harness for it now.
It listed for 33,200 I do believe, got it for a bit over 29k before taxes.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Traded in my '10 Malibu on mine... After trade in, discounts, and taxes I paid about 18,800 OTD.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Traded in my '10 Malibu on mine... After trade in, discounts, and taxes I paid about 18,800 OTD.
Did t you actually pay 18800 plus your trade in? How much they give you for trade? Add that to 18800 and that's your out the door price.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
25000 here found on lot 15's will be new ideas possibly many issues...don't rush

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130418_073604.png
Views:	124
Size:	653.0 KB
ID:	103111
rghoover3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Don't be the beta tester.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
I actually found it on a lot, only thing it did not have was the rear camera. I put that on already, just need to make the harness for it now.
It listed for 33,200 I do believe, got it for a bit over 29k before taxes.
Thanks, there is some hope yet of finding one on the lot then. Ive been looking online at the stock of dealerships around me and i cant for the life of me find one that even somewhat matches what i want. Seems like alot of them just carry mostly GT's. I think ive checked like 40 dealerships now. Hopefully when the time comes, ford can hunt one down for me. I would much rather find one on a lot then order one since i can probably get a better deal on the price. If i cant pretty much get your car with a glass roof i would be sold.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Knoxville Your Local Atlanta Ford Stores Website for Offers, Incentives, Dealers and Inventory
No Electronics Package or Back up Camera but Glass Roof
Old 04-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #15

^^^ Thanks, i wish there was some way to search all of fords inventory in the US on my own with out going to the dealership and dealing with them. I knew there had to be another one out there somewhere. Sucks that it doesnt have a nav, but having a glass roof makes up for that. The dealership near my house had a GT with a glass roof, i fell in love with it and knew i had to have it. I couldnt a single mustang even matching half the stuff i wanted around my area. But i got a feeling mustangs arent a huge seller around here, since 99% of the ford lots have nothing but trucks.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Might be able to do something with this Ford Dealers | United States.
When you come up on a Lincoln Dealer Google the dealership and then go to the Ford Store.
I was looking for mine and had 3 that I had found with almost everything when I found the one I got on AutoTrader.com 200 miles away.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang