SCT iTSX Wireless Tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
SCT iTSX Wireless Tuner

Does anyone own this tuner? Is it all that? I have an X3 tuner, but I want this one.
ricbjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricbjj View Post
Does anyone own this tuner? Is it all that? I have an X3 tuner, but I want this one.
Trust me u dont wabt it. It take forever tuning your car conpared to the wired x3 tuner. And with a wireless tuner u run the chance of it messing up and bricking ur car. Its happened to my buddy who was simply returning the car to stock. He had to wait 4 hrs to get his car back up n running.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Trust me u dont wabt it. It take forever tuning your car conpared to the wired x3 tuner. And with a wireless tuner u run the chance of it messing up and bricking ur car. Its happened to my buddy who was simply returning the car to stock. He had to wait 4 hrs to get his car back up n running.
Ewwww thx for the heads up, great in theory.....oh well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricbjj View Post

Ewwww thx for the heads up, great in theory.....oh well
Yea and also dont go with the diablo sport tuner the new one. It bricked a guys car and he had to order a new pcm. Its in the 5.0 section
Old 04-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I have it and Love it. You can brick your car with any tuner so yeah. Wires or no it can happen.
The gauges are cool but I don't leave the tuner plugged in but it's cool to have. You can datalog with it and it holds 10 tunes.
Overall I have no complaints.

It took me 7 minutes to tune. Not sure how quick the others are.

If you don't want gauges and that type of things just save your money and get the basic one.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post
I have it and Love it. You can brick your car with any tuner so yeah. Wires or no it can happen.
The gauges are cool but I don't leave the tuner plugged in but it's cool to have. You can datalog with it and it holds 10 tunes.

If you don't want gauges and that type of things just save your money and get the basic one.
Takes me like 4-5minutes and no way yours does it in 7 it has to send the tune via bluetooth to the tuner itself then initiate the tuning.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Um yeah bro it does. I did it 2 weeks ago as I had to do emissions testing. Around 7 minutes both times. . It took about 15 the first time because of storing the stock tune.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Um yeah bro it does. I did it 2 weeks ago as I had to do emissions testing. Around 7 minutes both times. . It took about 15 the first time because of storing the stock tune.
I cant believe it my friend changes tunes all the time and it takes 10-15minutes everytime it takes like 4minutes for my sf3 tuner
Old 04-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

I cant believe it my friend changes tunes all the time and it takes 10-15minutes everytime it takes like 4minutes for my sf3 tuner
It has been around 10 every time except the first time. That one was around 15. Maybe it's the phone? Who knows? But the last one I did was about 7 minutes. Could have been closer to 10. Lets say it's averaged 10 minutes. So it takes 2x as long as yours. Im ok with that. I'll be doing it again in a month or so hopefully as I may be doing long tubes and catted x. I'll pay more attention on how long it takes. I'm confident in saying 10 minutes give or take which would line up with your friends times.

A big reason I got it was I don't have a windows pc and didn't want to have to borrow one every time I needed to get a new tune. The second was because its cool and has some neat features. And Like you said my buddies also said to go with sct over diablo.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It has been around 10 every time except the first time. That one was around 15. Maybe it's the phone? Who knows? But the last one I did was about 7 minutes. Could have been closer to 10. Lets say it's averaged 10 minutes. So it takes 2x as long as yours. Im ok with that. I'll be doing it again in a month or so hopefully as I may be doing long tubes and catted x. I'll pay more attention on how long it takes. I'm confident in saying 10 minutes give or take which would line up with your friends times.

A big reason I got it was I don't have a windows pc and didn't want to have to borrow one every time I needed to get a new tune. The second was because its cool and has some neat features. And Like you said my buddies also said to go with sct over diablo.
I have an x3, that one came out a few weeks after I bought mine. Had it been there I would have got it. Im considering selling my x3 for the wireless, y I posted this thread, just want feedback.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

If u get SCT, how did u get the code to set it up? Do they also provide it or u have to figure it out?
jaylee1202 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang