Purchasing Help! >>>>> 2013 V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Purchasing Help! >>>>> 2013 V6

So I am looking at a getting a 13 Grabber Blue V6 premium here. I found one I like and want to basically get it for a steal! Let me know what you guys think I can get it for.

So it's a 13 grabber blue V6 premium with the MCA and performance package and Manual transmission. The MSRP sticker is for $29,500 but the dealer has it advertised for 27,600 on top of a $1500 retail customer cash and $1000 Challenge retail bonus customer cash.

It's been on the lot for awhile and he's got another dozen 30k+ 2013 mustangs on the lot. What do you guys think I could it down to? I know it isn't crunch time just yet for dealers (like the fall is), but I don't want to take the risk of losing the car to someone else.
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Do some negotiating, then just say you don't like the price and walk out, don't even look back. Then a few days later come back and say that you are going to give them another chance to sell the car. Most salesmen are paid on commission so they want the car to be sold, they just want to get a lot of money out of you. If they sense that the deal isn't going to go through then they will drop the price in hopes to win you over. Be the tough guy, if they can tell that you really want it then they will take advantage of that.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Find put invoice. Shoot for just under it, then add the incentives to reduce the price further. They're already cutting a huge chunk off.

Also, deals for the '13s are pretty much what you see. Fall deals will be for the '14s.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Called the dealer and they said that the rebates stated bring it to just under 25,000. I want to spend around 23,000-24,000. Do you think it'd be possible to get them to the lower end of that? I called them up and they said that is the best price that the 25,000 is the best they can do. I also live about 700 miles away, so I'd probably fly out there and drive it home. I calculated about $240 in costs ($139 for plane and $80 for gas, $20 for extra stuff) opposed to their $1000 shipping cost. What do you guys think? How should I approach this? Wait it out longer when they HAVE to get rid of the 13's in place of 14 and 15's?
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #5

I just purchased on 3/23/13 a 2013 v6 deep impact blue premium with manual trans, v6 pony package and comfort package, retail $28,640, and I paid $24,800 after all rebates and discounts. This was also a xplan deal. I think I did really well and yours is similarly priced and your close to what I paid, so I think your getting a good deal at $25k.
Investigate84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Does that include the Recaro seats? I tried building it on edmunds.com and for a premium with the MCA and performance package it defaults to the Recaro's, which is a $1500 option. Even with the Recaro's it comes out to $29,677 around here.

If you can get X plan pricing (MCA members get X plan, or if you know a Ford employee they can give you an X plan pin - I get it through work as a supplier) the price for a 2013 Grabber Blue, stick, with performance package and MCA package comes out to $27,845, without the Recaro seats. So the dealer price is pretty good, at least for around here. That isn't to say that you probably still have some negotiation room since the 2014's are out now.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Are you paying cash???

If you are paying cash tell them $25,000 out the door and let them pay the tax and transfer fees.

If you are going for payments tell them you will use Ford Credit for financing and go for the $25,000 out the door and still let them pay the Tax & transfer fees.

Then hit them for the lowest interest you can squeeze out of the deal. 8.5 % would be pretty good.

You do have to be there to negotiate because a phone call is not really the way a dealer is going to take you seriously. Just be ready to drive it home.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #8

I got 2.99% for 72 months on mine last month through the dealer, they were able to get that rate with TD Auto finance and I think it's a great rate for a 72 month loan.

I doubt you will ever find a dealer that will pay your tax and transfer fees..
Investigate84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Mine did

When I traded my Mini I offered $4,500 difference out the door. I stuck to it from their first offer of me paying $10,000 plus tax & transfer, Second after the going to the boss game was $7,500 & me pay Tax & Transfer, Then third was $6,000 and they would take care of tax & transfer. (Out the door) I still stuck to my $4,500 out the door and got up and headed for the door. Salesman asked me to wait. Came back with $5,000 out the door difference if I bought the Mustang and drove it home "NOW" Went to the Finance lady and she started at 12.5 % for the $5,000 for five years. I asked if I got the 6 year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty ($900.00) if she could lower that rate. She got me to 2.5 % and after I hit her up for a free Mustang cap and a dealer T-Shirt I drove home in my new 2012 Mustang.

I wanted the warranty anyway and the $900.00 seemed a pretty good deal to me. They wanted $3,500 for an extended warranty on my Mini at the Mini dealer so I thought the $900.00 was a bargain. The savings in the interest rate almost pays for the extended warranty.

Since then I got a free oil & Filter change card from my dealer and used it at 3,500 miles and they checked everything on my Mustang.

If TGMEYER is paying cash he needs to offer the $25,000 out the door and no more.

If he needs to finaince it do the same, Offer the $25,000 out the door if he goes for for Ford Credit.

At the $25,000 price he was offered to get the car is still a very good deal he can still make the out the door offer and if they can't he would just need to pay the tax & Fee's and still have a good deal.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Go to Carbuyers.com. It is a site all about car buying. You can download a spreadsheet that does all the figuring for you. Watch for hidden costs. Like tire tax, dealer prep fees, advertising fee (this appears to be a real fee for Ford).

Don't worry about offending anyone, ask for the Invoice of the vehicle. If they hesitate or don't show it to you, RUN DON'T WALK OUT THE DOOR.

You can always buy extras. As far as Extended Warranties, do some research, you may be able to find a better deal on-line.

Some one suggested that you do some negotiating then walk out and not contact them for a few days. I would try and did, told the salesman, I needed to think about it for awhile. I'll try and call you tomorrow. Then I let them call me. Didn't want them to think that they had me over a barrel.

When you look at the invoice, look for when it was delivered. Most dealers have 30 days to pay their companies. Then, they usually finance it through the bank. That's around $100 every month it sits on the lot. My V6 had been there for 3 months. Not sure of where your area is, but are there any more Ford Dealers in your area?

I told the dealer if they had so much money tied up in my V6, I could just order one from them or someone else and they could keep the one they had. It had 99 miles on it, which meant I wasn't the only one interested but the only that had money to buy it. I ended up at the sales manger's office. Me, the sales manager and two salesman. The sales manger started out with the "Were barely making any money on this car". I just looked at him and said; NONE OF US IN THIS OFFICE APPEARS TO HAVE MISSED ANY MEALS LATELY".

That ended the negotiations and I got my car.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang