Roush Axle-Back - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:59 AM   #1

Region: North Carolina
Roush Axle-Back

I just bought the Roush Axle-Back for my 2011 V6, I'm new in the stang community so I'm wondering if I made the right decision over the flowmaster, magnaflow and borla
Theronss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 05:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
They are LOUD! I love mine and the install was a breeze. Hangers are perfectly placed with no headaches and the 4" polished tips look great. They quiet down a little after 2k.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:02 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
If you wanted loud, and wish to attract attention to yourself, then you made a good choice.
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to brandonveiga Send a message via Skype™ to brandonveiga
I have the Roush Axle-Backs on mine and LOVE them. Been about 2 years now. Of course everyone always has difference taste on exhaust notes but in my opinion, you made a good choice.

As Jeremy Clarkson would say: POWEEERRRRR
brandonveiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I would say you did! I got my axle backs over 5 or 6 months ago and have loved them ever since.
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #6

Awesome thanks guys, I'm glad I feel like I made a pod choice, this is my first American car and I'm super happy that i picked the mustang.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Good**
Old 04-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I had the roush exhaust before my Borlas now. I liked the roush a lot when at WOT, under 2k, and at idle. They didn't sound to good from 2500-3200 rpm or so, that is the area where they were very raspy. Past that it sounded very nice though! I think you made a good choice if you plan on staying stock manifold and mid pipe.

At wot the roush sound like a banshee taking off. Loud deep and aggressive with very little metallic sound. It does "rasp" but not in a bad tin can like way. I kinda miss how loud they were, but they did drone and the cold starts would wake up everyone in my house.
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
I had the roush exhaust before my Borlas now. I liked the roush a lot when at WOT, under 2k, and at idle. They didn't sound to good from 2500-3200 rpm or so, that is the area where they were very raspy. Past that it sounded very nice though! I think you made a good choice if you plan on staying stock manifold and mid pipe.

At wot the roush sound like a banshee taking off. Loud deep and aggressive with very little metallic sound. It does "rasp" but not in a bad tin can like way. I kinda miss how loud they were, but they did drone and the cold starts would wake up everyone in my house.
Definitely have to agree with you on that. There will be no late night joy rides unless you want to wake your family, the neighbors and the people down the street. I've even set off a cars alarm just from starting my car in a parking garage. I love the exhaust and getting some resonators will greatly reduce the drone!
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
Definitely have to agree with you on that. There will be no late night joy rides unless you want to wake your family, the neighbors and the people down the street. I've even set off a cars alarm just from starting my car in a parking garage. I love the exhaust and getting some resonators will greatly reduce the drone!
Same here. Since I have to leave home at 3:30 AM for work, there was no way I was going to be able to be polite to the rest of my sleeping neighbors. They had to come off.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #10

Nice I was definitely looking for something loud and good quality and it sounds like is worth the money, since I'm new with a mustang what else would you guys advice doing to it for better performance.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Definitely the cold air Intake and tuner. If you're not concerned about voiding your warranty at least. Most performance mods unfortunately will require a tuner to see any gains. I tuned my car at 7000 miles and I've put over 10000 on it since tuning and it's still running better than ever. BAMA performance makes fantastic tunes that are safe and give u a noticeable performance boost. However there is always a slight chance something could happen and most dealers will not work on cars that have been tuned or if they can relate the problem as a result of the tune or modification
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I got mine a few months ago I love em. my friend has borla atak and the tone is noticeably different but I wouldn't trade mine. had a bit of drone at first on the highway nothing radio wouldn't drown out but they quiet down
Old 04-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

How so?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Good pick, IMO. Loud, unique, and addicting. You're going to love them. I promise.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
Good pick, IMO. Loud, unique, and addicting. You're going to love them. I promise.
+ 1 I love mine! I find they look awesome also! Love those tips.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
So do these rasp as much as the pypes?
Old 04-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
If you wanted loud, and wish to attract attention to yourself, then you made a good choice.
Best comment I've seen on these axle backs.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

They are attention grabbers.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:59 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I also have Roush axle back for my 2012 stang! It sounds great. However, on 3000 rpm, sound is little sharky. except that I love it!
jaylee1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:32 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
If your looking for lots of noise and super obnoxious then you made the perfect choice in the Roush axle backs.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang