Just got back from the dealership - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Just got back from the dealership

So I went in once I got off work and asked about the touch up paint. Man goes all out like I'm stupid and says," we have a pen that it comes in in any manufacturer color that ford makes." Ok cool. Some people don't know that. Car guy: me know.

Next I ask about my day time running lights. Says there is a switch or prong in the connector in the headlight switch that can be bent or the e brake trick ( don't work). I said that I thought it could be done with a computer to the smart junction box. "Oh no, it it a simple fix and doesn't need that, btw what do you drive?" I told him that 2012 GT out front.

Says oh well that's a sharp car. I drive a VW. I'd assume that they are the same cause they are cars and all. You have a stage 3 supercharger up under that hood? It looks so fast.

So guys, tell me, how did this guy sell fords? And has anyone taken their switch out to see what's behind there
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
So I went in once I got off work and asked about the touch up paint. Man goes all out like I'm stupid and says," we have a pen that it comes in in any manufacturer color that ford makes." Ok cool. Some people don't know that. Car guy: me know.

Next I ask about my day time running lights. Says there is a switch or prong in the connector in the headlight switch that can be bent or the e brake trick ( don't work). I said that I thought it could be done with a computer to the smart junction box. "Oh no, it it a simple fix and doesn't need that, btw what do you drive?" I told him that 2012 GT out front.

Says oh well that's a sharp car. I drive a VW. I'd assume that they are the same cause they are cars and all. You have a stage 3 supercharger up under that hood? It looks so fast.

So guys, tell me, how did this guy sell fords? And has anyone taken their switch out to see what's behind there
Didn't notice you were short a couple cylinders
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Didn't notice you were short a couple cylinders
Yeah but he was too. Btw a 50 year old man bought his wife a 13 GT manual!
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Clever man if she can't drive one. I see what he did there...

BTW, there are lots of idiots when it comes to cars. Just because you work at a dealership doesn't mean you know about cars. Also, just because you call yourself a mechanic doesn't mean you know how to do anything but turn a wrench. Sad, but true.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Clever man if she can't drive one. I see what he did there...

BTW, there are lots of idiots when it comes to cars. Just because you work at a dealership doesn't mean you know about cars. Also, just because you call yourself a mechanic doesn't mean you know how to do anything but turn a wrench. Sad, but true.
I kinda figured that. After the touch up paint I wanted to go but they had a boss and Shelby so I decided to at least throw it out there. It's a possible response considering no has done this. Except you I believe? I'm talking about pulling that switch.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I've had the switch out, but sadly I don't think it's as simple as he let on. If memory serves me, the switch goes through the smart junction, which has some relays for controlling various things (including factory fog lights).

As I've stated before, I think you're going to need a smart junction from a non-drl car or get it reprogrammed. Otherwise, you've got to bypass the factory wiring with your own custom setup. I wish I had more info, most of this is implied by what I've seen in wiring diagrams, but I have yet to see those even mention DRLs yet.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I've had the switch out, but sadly I don't think it's as simple as he let on. If memory serves me, the switch goes through the smart junction, which has some relays for controlling various things (including factory fog lights).

As I've stated before, I think you're going to need a smart junction from a non-drl car or get it reprogrammed. Otherwise, you've got to bypass the factory wiring with your own custom setup. I wish I had more info, most of this is implied by what I've seen in wiring diagrams, but I have yet to see those even mention DRLs yet.
That's what leads me to believe and some other research that its in the programming. It's a $100 feature but idk how they did it. I gotta change switches in the next few weeks due to my fogs so ill see then
Old 04-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I guess I got Lucky for a change

My 2012 does not have the daytime running lights. I looked in the manual and it has a page on them. It does say "IF SO EQUIPPED" I wonder why some Mustangs have them and some don't? Strange, You would think that there would be a provision to turn them on or off if you had them.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
My 2012 does not have the daytime running lights. I looked in the manual and it has a page on them. It does say "IF SO EQUIPPED" I wonder why some Mustangs have them and some don't? Strange, You would think that there would be a provision to turn them on or off if you had them.

Ronnie
Used to pull a fuse on the 99-04 and back I think. But there is no fuse now.

Mine was a x plan rental so they had to buil them so different states could clear them all from factory.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang