what the said dealership - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
arturo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 452
what the said dealership

i went to the dealership but i had a issue when i turn my car on from a cold start it makes a noise between the rpms of 600-1000 and i dont know how to explain it its like a whining noise and it wasnt making that noise before and they said everything was fine but its still making the noise
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
Might be the idle air control valve making noise adjusting the idle until it steadies. GM 3800s are funny. They make a horrible, growling sound from an open intake until they warm up. Perfectly normal but sounds nasty.
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
elliottxspyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Whitehaven pa
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Might be the idle air control valve making noise adjusting the idle until it steadies. GM 3800s are funny. They make a horrible, growling sound from an open intake until they warm up. Perfectly normal but sounds nasty.
Wow its crazy you mentioned that, had a 97 camaro with the 3.8 and made that horrible gurgling sound when warming up and never knew what it was
elliottxspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
arturo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 452
i dont know if i should change the belt or my friend said it can be the pully bearings
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
Belts normally chirp or squeal. Pulley's normally squeal too. The only thing that usually whines on a car is the power steering pump, but we don't have one.
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Belts normally chirp or squeal. Pulley's normally squeal too. The only thing that usually whines on a car is the power steering pump, but we don't have one.
Huh? No power steering pump? Learn something every day I guess
__________________
"Turn the mic back on" -Winston Churchill
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
An altenator going bad will whine too... You could try pouring a cup of water on the drive belt as it is turning. If the sound goes away it could help diagnose at least where the sound is coming from and if the belt is slipping... Is it loud? Does it change pitch when revved? Get louder when revved?
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
Huh? No power steering pump? Learn something every day I guess
Yep, we have electric power steering, not hydraulic. An electric motor assists you in our car, like many new vehicles. However, many professional driver's have said the one utilized in the Mustang is the best. Probably why a new Porsche is using a Ford steering system.
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
arturo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
An altenator going bad will whine too... You could try pouring a cup of water on the drive belt as it is turning. If the sound goes away it could help diagnose at least where the sound is coming from and if the belt is slipping... Is it loud? Does it change pitch when revved? Get louder when revved?
its not loud but you can hear it and it only happens at 1000 rpms from a cold start
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
arturo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo55 View Post
its not loud but you can hear it and it only happens at 1000 rpms from a cold start
its not loud but you can hear it and it only happens at 1000 rpms from a cold start
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post

Yep, we have electric power steering, not hydraulic. An electric motor assists you in our car, like many new vehicles. However, many professional driver's have said the one utilized in the Mustang is the best. Probably why a new Porsche is using a Ford steering system.
The cool thing about electric power steering in our cars is that you can adjust the feel of the steering. I think it's awesome!
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
arturo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 452
I still need help with this
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigClaunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Savannah
Region: Georgia
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post

The cool thing about electric power steering in our cars is that you can adjust the feel of the steering. I think it's awesome!
Can you do it in base models and if so how?
BigClaunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:45 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Schram1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 289
This is called cold tick nothing wrong with it. i remember it cylinder 3 i have same thing
__________________
Borla catback s-type Borla Long tube off road x pipe
Jlt carbon fiber intake / BBk TB
J&M panhard bar J&M extreme lower control arm /relo
koni STR.T RTR wheels NT555/ Shelby Baer 6P
DSS Aluminum 3.5/3.73 gears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cm4Di-zmZA
Schram1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:27 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
arturo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schram1 View Post
This is called cold tick nothing wrong with it. i remember it cylinder 3 i have same thing
Buts its more of a whining noise
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
engines can make more noise on cold start up as all the oil leaks down and it takes a minute to lube it all up (mainly valve train noises) but who knows, could be injectors ticking due to being more rich (more flow) on cold engines. Could be something wrong as well~ Ford wont do anything until it breaks FYI
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigClaunch View Post

Can you do it in base models and if so how?
You can do it for any 2011 to 2014. Look at your owners manual it will tell you how to do its it pretty easy. You can adjust your steering feel to sport, standard and comfort.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigClaunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Savannah
Region: Georgia
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post

You can do it for any 2011 to 2014. Look at your owners manual it will tell you how to do its it pretty easy. You can adjust your steering feel to sport, standard and comfort.
Ok found it.
BigClaunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigClaunch View Post

Ok found it.
Where? I looked up and down. And I can't find it anywhere and was told it was only on GT. my premium doesn't have this.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigClaunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Savannah
Region: Georgia
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Where? I looked up and down. And I can't find it anywhere and was told it was only on GT. my premium doesn't have this.
Oh I just pressed "set-up" to the left of the steering wheel until steering feel came up them press reset to scroll over.
BigClaunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
gorillaz131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: st. petersburg
Region: Florida
Posts: 25
Ok so if its the same problem I had.. It's just the ac lines that a dripping water onto the belt.. That all.. U don't need a belt.. Try testing by driving with the ac on and leave the car off for awhile.. Ill probably notice the noise.. Then try another day with no ac on what so ever.. It should make the noise then
gorillaz131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:51 AM   #22
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaz131 View Post
Ok so if its the same problem I had.. It's just the ac lines that a dripping water onto the belt.. That all.. U don't need a belt.. Try testing by driving with the ac on and leave the car off for awhile.. Ill probably notice the noise.. Then try another day with no ac on what so ever.. It should make the noise then
This seems backwards....if it's the A/C condesnsor water that forms when the A/C is being used and dripping water on the belt(?), then it should make the noise when the A/C is on, right? No A/C would mean no water, and no noise?
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
gorillaz131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: st. petersburg
Region: Florida
Posts: 25
Ya this is what I've come to conclude into the theory and its seems about true cause this is what the mechanic told me at ford..
gorillaz131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:36 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.