MRT Interceptor Exhaust Installed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Anaheim
Region: California
Posts: 10
MRT Interceptor Exhaust Installed

Got my MRT Interceptor Exhaust yesterday. They had it in stock at, get this. The Pep Boys Speed Shop in Orange, CA. Whats crazy is out the door they were cheaper than anywhere I could find online.

Anyway, heres the first start up and rev

2013 Mustang v6 3.7 with MRT Interceptor Exhaust - YouTube
cerebrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Anaheim
Region: California
Posts: 10
I seriously cannot get over how great these sound. one thing I didn't expect, is it seems like my throttle response smoothed out a little. very unexpected to say the least.

I still don't hear the difference between these and the s type borla's
cerebrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post
Got my MRT Interceptor Exhaust yesterday. They had it in stock at, get this. The Pep Boys Speed Shop in Orange, CA. Whats crazy is out the door they were cheaper than anywhere I could find online.

Anyway, heres the first start up and rev

2013 Mustang v6 3.7 with MRT Interceptor Exhaust - YouTube
How much were they at pep boys and they sound pretty good man
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
powerwhee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SFV
Region: California
Posts: 350
You need to get an actual exhaust video up.


One of you revving, driving away normally, wot et cetera. It's hard to tell what an exhaust sounds like from one rev.

I don't think these sound like the s types exactly, they have a similar tone from the rev but seem to be quieter than Borlas.

Get an exhaust video like this one up so we could compare the sound better.

http://youtu.be/En7uKrGADxI
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Anaheim
Region: California
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
You need to get an actual exhaust video up.


One of you revving, driving away normally, wot et cetera. It's hard to tell what an exhaust sounds like from one rev.

I don't think these sound like the s types exactly, they have a similar tone from the rev but seem to be quieter than Borlas.

Get an exhaust video like this one up so we could compare the sound better.

2012 Mustang V6 Borla S Type Driveby - YouTube
already in the plan.

on Monday im heading up to see my buddy Stacey. he works at Technicolor sound. were going to take a recording pack, some film grade mics with windsock and get interior, exterior, you name it. hes got rigs to mount the mic to the car, rigs for doing drive bys, rigs for doing in car stuff.

so wed or thurs I figure we'll have it edited together.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
How much were they at pep boys and they sound pretty good man
as to not mess up their ability to give deep deals i'll say the following.

id call him for a price

I can tell you the discount was more than 2 movie tickets, a large popcorn, 2 drinks, parking, and dinner at el pollo loco for 2 very hungry people cheaper than online.
cerebrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post

already in the plan.

on Monday im heading up to see my buddy Stacey. he works at Technicolor sound. were going to take a recording pack, some film grade mics with windsock and get interior, exterior, you name it. hes got rigs to mount the mic to the car, rigs for doing drive bys, rigs for doing in car stuff.

so wed or thurs I figure we'll have it edited together.
Damn lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:27 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.