Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Gt Bumper?

6K views 43 replies 11 participants last post by  Charlie_santos 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone knows where I can find a pre painted front gt bumper for my kona blue mustang. I've been searching everywhere on the Internet and have only found ones on newtakeoff.com for $399.

#2 · (Edited)
That's actually a very good price....used ones on ebay with surface scratches and not in your color run in the neighborhood of $300.00.

You can also try the Roush centers (maybe there's one in your area), but the prices are going to be close to what you are getting now.

Also keep in mind shipping costs. Even cheap Greyhound type shipping is at $100.00 or more.

I paid $180.00 for mine, plus $100.00 for shipping, and it was white; my Mustang is Race Red. Good thing my son is a painter at an auto body shop!

What year is your Mustang? The 2011 to 2012's are different from the 2013's and up, meaning the grill also has to change, plus the lower valance. The GT fog lights use an H10 bulb; the V6's use an H11, so adapthers have to be bought, or you have to buy H10 wiring looms and splice them in.

I just changed my 2011 V6 out for the GT bumper cover.

#3 ·
I was planning on asking dealerships around me and see what their offers would be like, but haven't gotten around to doing so. I'm in no rush to find the parts, just trying to figure out places where i can find some reasonable priced parts. Plan on doing a lot of things to my car in the up coming year, just waiting for the summer. I have a 2012 mustang and I've realized they're different, haha. Was wanting the gt bumper, because I plan on adding the boss 302 valance with a saleen grille. So, don't have to worry about the fog lights here!

And oh man, that's lucky for you! To have your son working at an auto body shop must really come in handy.

#6 ·
Found my bumper off a seller on ebay. He has been selling bumpers for a while now and sold my buddy his gt bumper too. That picture with the two mustang is my car to the left and a 5.0 to yhe right. Its my buddies mustang. Btw when you get the bumper and grill you need a third part which is the grill surround. It holds the grill then attaches to the bumper. I have an extra one if you need it bro.

Attachments

#10 ·
Haha, alright thank you guys so much for the help! Will keep my out on a kona blue one now on ebay.

And I won't need the grille surround. From what I heard, the saleen grille i want to put on fits right into the gt bumper without the surround needed

#11 ·
Haha, alright thank you guys so much for the help! Will keep my out on a kona blue one now on ebay.

And I won't need the grille surround. From what I heard, the saleen grille i want to put on fits right into the gt bumper without the surround needed
Yea I think ur right my buddy has the saleen grill the roush and saleen grills have their own surround.

#23 ·
Wow, some of you got some great prices for the GT bumper cover. Deals can be found; just gotta keep looking, and if you're not in a hurry, it makes it easier to save a few bucks.

#27 ·
Heads up. microplaterssalesinc on eBay had a Kona Blue GT front bumper up for sale. $225

#30 ·
Looks good man!!
I guess I'm going to buy one, then pay to match my Grabber blue. Anybody have a good idea what it would cost to paint the bumper somewhere decent? I really want that Saleen grille and worry it go out of production because they don't sell it through saleens shop anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.