Originally Posted by Redsix
Greetings my more educated car enthusiasts. Quick question about CAI installs and their impact on your MPG.
I recently bought and installed a BBK Blackout CAI on my 2012 Automatic V6 daily driver. The kit said it didn't require a computer tune, and from what I understand about combustion engines, that having the increased air delivered to my engine should allow for BETTER mpg.
Driving around this morning (not mashing it at all to enjoy the new sound and slightly better power because I did all that last night) my car wasn't getting better MPG, actually it was worse.
Any thoughts? Is there an extra step for Automatics I may have overlooked? Does CAI mpg benefits not affect un-tuned automatics?
Thanks in advance.
It shouldnt drop ur mpg. I would say u need to clear the CAM and do the idle relaern trick
1. Disconnect the negative terminal off the battery for 5min with your brights on.
2. Turn off brights and reconnect the negative terminal.
3. Turn on the car with all accessories off
4. Let idle for 10-15min till the heat guage is in the middle which is normal operating temperature
5. Turn the AC full blast for 3min on idle
6. Drive around normally no speeding for 10 miles.
Remember during this whole process dont rev the engine at all