Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Wheel/tire question

9K views 143 replies 7 participants last post by  alrefire 
#1 ·
Hey all!

I'm hopefully going to get some new wheels/ tires soon, but I had a couple questions.

First of all, will an 18x11 wheel with a +53 offset fit in the wheel well, without sticking out?

And what size tire would go well with that? A 285/35/18 is what I'm thinking.

And if I were to go lower, would it rub? I'm not doing a crazy drop or anything, probably only 1/2 an inch

Also, as far as rotating goes, is it just side to side. I thought that certain tires aren't able to do that. Would someone elaborate?

And I know staggered wear out faster, but how much faster?

I could honestly care less for ride comfort. I just want to go stupid fast and take corners like a boss ( a mustang boss!! * slaps knee) and don't say why so wide in a v6, I will find you, and slap you.

Thanks in advance for answering the questions.

Ready set go!!!!

See less See more
#6 ·
I have the rtr rims and 275/40 and I can say I don't like two things.. They slightly rub at full lock and mud/water splashes down the side of my car. It even splashes the side view mirrors sometimes.
Knowing this I would've considered a staggered setup a bit more.

#8 ·
I have 285/40/18 in the the rear and they stick out barely if any at all and they are 10 inches. I also have my car lowered and have upgraded upper and lower control arms so its stiff enough where it doesn't rub but it does throw crap all over my car. Also be careful because that big of rims and tires will slow you down because they are a lot heavier. Also best tires that will wear great nitto nt555s. You should get close to the 30s out of them if you drive like a normal person lol. Mines a dd too but I got 16 on it and have only had it since the middle of August

#23 ·
Sweet dunno what that means lol. That's how much they stick out if you can tell
For any pics closer to the fender
Also, steeda sells a 20x11 wheel as well.
It's fixing to be really close :p
If steeda sells it, I know it'll fit. But what size tire?

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

And steeda has a 45mm offset vs the 53 that I'm looking at. Tiny bit extra room :p
Lol

#26 ·
I think I'm going to go 305/35/18
i've seen 305s sitting on 20s on AM and they don't stick out.
the wheels on AM have a +55 offset. so it's close enough.
gonna look badass.
hopefully I'll buy them within the next week.
my dad wants some for his beamer now :p

#32 ·
So I called and the company and asked about tire specs
They sai anything up to a 325/30/18 would fit fine on that specific wheel. Even if lowered
They said 295-305 was optimal
So I'm thinking 315/30/18 or 305/35/18
Opinions?
Gonna be one badass sixxer...

#36 ·
If we are being completely honest I would go 305 you will have to roll your fenders with 315s and trust me its not worth it.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

The offset matters to a point but its still a matter of how much tire can fit under there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.