Lesson Learned - Gas Station Car Wash - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylee1202
I dont even use a brush in self car wash. It still makes scratches on paint.
That brush is for getting the mud off your truck tires. Lol
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
Exactly, leave it dirty until a proper wash can be done.
Correct to a point, bird chit on the other hand will eat through the paint in no time.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
Yeah, I feel you man. Like I said, I was fortunate enough to restore my exterior, but the college student before me left me with $2,000 worth of front frame damage, and the interior is somewhat beat. I have an '06 with 83k.
damn that sucks man. its just a bummer because mine is really just beautiful otherwise i was lucky to find it the interior is mint and he didnt beat on it thats for sure its just the whole passenger side is keyed and this summer i finally saved up and gonna get it fixed i got it looked at and got prices im going to do it in pieces so first im going to do the quarter panel which is the worst of it and its going to be $600 then with time i can do the door and then finally the front part. there is some scratches on the front bumper mostly rock chips because i drive to my dads upstate every weekend and some marks from maybe a parking lot two people must have bumped him eventually i will get it fixed in time but i gotta be patient and for now i just try to buff most of it out and use some touch up paint mine is 03 GT with about 90k

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang17

damn that sucks man. its just a bummer because mine is really just beautiful otherwise i was lucky to find it the interior is mint and he didnt beat on it thats for sure its just the whole passenger side is keyed and this summer i finally saved up and gonna get it fixed i got it looked at and got prices im going to do it in pieces so first im going to do the quarter panel which is the worst of it and its going to be $600 then with time i can do the door and then finally the front part. there is some scratches on the front bumper mostly rock chips because i drive to my dads upstate every weekend and some marks from maybe a parking lot two people must have bumped him eventually i will get it fixed in time but i gotta be patient and for now i just try to buff most of it out and use some touch up paint mine is 03 GT with about 90k
Wait til you can paint it all at once. You'll save on labor and your paint will match. If not you'll probably have 4 different shades of paint, no matter how good the painter is.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Wait til you can paint it all at once. You'll save on labor and your paint will match. If not you'll probably have 4 different shades of paint, no matter how good the painter is.
+1
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
+1 as well. Make sure you find a reputable body shop.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

well i really am not 100% sure i am going to get the door fixed to be honest because after i touched it up its not noticeable at all but the quarter panel on the other hand is definitely noticeable so if i get that fixed i think i will be satisfied. its kinda hard for me because i go to school have a job and im a volunteer fire fighter i dont have all that much time on my hands to pick up extra money and nor does my job
want to give extra hours it took me a very long time to just save this 600 it will probably take years if i need to save up over one thousand. i make ok money but that money goes to insurance, gas, rent and other essentials. welcome to the real world right? haha

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
Old 05-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

$600 should do it all, shop around.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
$600 should do it all, shop around.
i shopped around few places the cheapest prices for the quarter were 650 and 600 and they all said for all of it between 1000-1200. its a pretty big job because the key scratched into the metal. im still looking around for places in the area but id rather go to someone i trust the guy i trust is the guy who said 600

2003 GT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang