Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Removing stripe

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  dozer 13 
#1 ·
Thinking of removing the vinyl stripe on the bottom of my car. Does anyone have any tips or have done this before and how easy would you consider this?

#2 ·
Yep just did some. Use a heat gun or hairdryer. If you don't your left with the task of peeling it bit by bit and having glue that's stuck on you car that's a ***** to get off! Get the strip warm by moving the gun over the strip, never stop in one place. You can YouTube it there are some vids on it. It comes off really easy with no glue left on your car. Good luck.

#3 ·
I did this the first week of having my car. The OEM stripe just doesn't look good IMO. I just used a heat gun with low heat and peeled away. You might have some goo left over when peeling it off, which in that case, a little goo gone comes in handy. Only takes 30 or so minutes and would really set your car off.

Be sure not to use a razor or anything as well. I've heard of people trying to start the peel with a sharp edge and doing major damage to the paint.

Good luck and post pictures when completed!

Reactions: Red Baron
#6 ·
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll try it today since its gonna be 81 here. Gonna roll hair dryer first then ill try heat gun. Never been a big fan of the stripe but since some guy bought the same car and we pass every day I wanna make the change.

#15 · (Edited)
On my 2011 window sticker, the stripe delete was a $200.00 credit. Glad to not have them, as I think most folks can tell I drive a Mustang; they don't need rocker panel stripes to tell them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.