Washing engine bay - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2013, 01:31 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanGTR169 View Post
I work at Lithia Ford and our detail department steam cleans the engines of paying customers. I clean my car's engine once very two weeks for the last 8 months and hasn't had any issues. As far as the CAI is concerned just take off the filter and you're fine.
How much does that cost usually?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 02:22 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I've wondered this too and actually went a cash wash place the other day where you hand wash it and one of the options and I was wondering how it worked and if it safe. Mine needs a good cleaning!
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:39 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post

How much does that cost usually?
It costs 19.95 but this includes a exterior wash, vacuum, windows, clean rims, apply tire shine, clean engine bay,and wiping down the interior so it's not bad at all.
BryanGTR169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:

It costs 19.95 but this includes a exterior wash, vacuum, windows, clean rims, apply tire shine, clean engine bay,and wiping down the interior so it's not bad at all.
I would like to know where u go because over here in SoCal every person I hear about steam cleaning there engine costs them at least $50
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Living in Montreal my engine gets soaked with slush and salt that comes up from the bottom of the car on a daily basis from Dec- march. It's part of yearly life up here and there is never a problem. I've been cleaning my wife's and my engines for 15 years every spring and fall with engine cleaner and than hosing it off with a sprayer attached to the hose. Never a problem. Just do it when the engine is not hot.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #41
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

U.S. dollars or pounds? Because where I live you get what you mentioned minus the engine
Old 05-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post

I would like to know where u go because over here in SoCal every person I hear about steam cleaning there engine costs them at least $50
Well I work at the Ford dealership in Fresno. We charge our customers 19.95 for a full detail. Wash, vac, clean wheels, apply tire shine, windows, Etc.. We also give customers a courtesy engine wash if too dirty. Just go to your local dealer and pay for a car wash and have them add a not to the detailers to spray down the engine for you.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

U.S. dollars or pounds? Because where I live you get what you mentioned minus the engine
Dollars. Well depends on the dealership then. We do it all they time.
BryanGTR169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #43
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

Well I work at the Ford dealership in Fresno. We charge our customers 19.95 for a full detail. Wash, vac, clean wheels, apply tire shine, windows, Etc.. We also give customers a courtesy engine wash if too dirty. Just go to your local dealer and pay for a car wash and have them add a not to the detailers to spray down the engine for you.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Dollars. Well depends on the dealership then. We do it all they time.
Wow that's awesome!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang